Phase 1 is officially over

Welcome to Plumb Island, the 100 dollar burger apparently? Congrats too all for getting this far. If you thought phase 1 was scenic, challenging and exhausting just wait for phase 2 :lol:

I shall be checking everyones scores this week, they will be officially announced on 28th. Screenshots will be judged 28/29th. Phase 2 is pencilled in to start 4th June. It will be extended by 2 weeks to allow for holidays.

Plum Island - worst landing of the lot, I found. Some of the others were tricky, but this one! Trying to get a King Air onto a 2000-and-a-bit foot runway. That's bad enough on it's own, but I managed to get there after dark. No nav devices of any sort, no PAPI, just runway lights and some rather tall trees uncomfortably close to the runway ends. Had to pretty stall the plane onto the tarmac, but still managed to drift and touch down some way up - hard on the brakes and full reverse.... just stopped short of the trees.

What did you think were the highlights of Phase 1? The Faroes landing with the offset ILS was fun, especially when the clouds set in a couple of miles out... EGLC I liked a lot - after dark but good scenery and the DC-3 so docile in it's handling. A lot of fun approaches, and I'm sure Miss Aviatrix isn't really as unflappable as she makes out - I'm sure there were fingernail marks in the upholstery after a few of those... ccontrolled crashes.

Plum Island - worst landing of the lot, I found. Some of the others were tricky, but this one! Trying to get a King Air onto a 2000-and-a-bit foot runway. That's bad enough on it's own, but I managed to get there after dark. No nav devices of any sort, no PAPI, just runway lights and some rather tall trees uncomfortably close to the runway ends. Had to pretty stall the plane onto the tarmac, but still managed to drift and touch down some way up - hard on the brakes and full reverse.... just stopped short of the trees.

What did you think were the highlights of Phase 1? The Faroes landing with the offset ILS was fun, especially when the clouds set in a couple of miles out... EGLC I liked a lot - after dark but good scenery and the DC-3 so docile in it's handling. A lot of fun approaches, and I'm sure Miss Aviatrix isn't really as unflappable as she makes out - I'm sure there were fingernail marks in the upholstery after a few of those... ccontrolled crashes.

Ian, glad to see you enjoyed the first phase. If you think plum island was hard you should see some of the other destinations around the world :lol:

:blush: Phase 2 shall be much looked forward too..

I havnt been on the sim since the end of phase 1, gettin a little rusty now, and well, my yoke havent seen so much dust!

I rekon my first few landing/ flight scores shall be a laugh :lol:

Has phase 2 been ''inked'' yet, or we still mark in with pencil?

:blush: Phase 2 shall be much looked forward too..

I havnt been on the sim since the end of phase 1, gettin a little rusty now, and well, my yoke havent seen so much dust!

I rekon my first few landing/ flight scores shall be a laugh :lol:

Has phase 2 been ''inked'' yet, or we still mark in with pencil?

Phase 2 is in concrete - in so much as I think theres a concrete runway somewhere on the phase :lol: Any way I jest, the whole trip is very much set in stone now, with the addion of gravel and grass strips. Full of man flu at the moment so things are take it as they come. Hopefully I'll score phase one tomorrow and then post the route for phase two, which is possibly the hardest yet most scenic of the phases. All Im going to say at this moment is god bless the medicinal values of a fine single malt

Sounds like a challenge,...i like! :D Looks like a little more planning is required on my part this phase

Sorry to hear your ill Matt - get well soon mate

Sounds like a challenge,...i like! :D Looks like a little more planning is required on my part this phase

Sorry to hear your ill Matt - get well soon mate

Thanks Luke, the dreaded man flu, litterally been in bed for the last 48 hours, you will certianly need to plan this one as theres some supprises in store when you get back into Canada ;)