Night Textures

James A

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would bump this one as I can't seem to resolve this issue!! Obviously this is just an issue with my system rather than a global one? Anyone got any idea as to what is causing this?

I've disabled other add on sceneries etcetera with no effect.

James,

I've got REX2 (not overdrive), UTX and GEX Europe, and NOT this problem. Sorry I can't help you any further, but in my experience most of such things come from "tweaks" in fsx.cfg. You could copy it to another place on your hdd and restart fsx, thus letting it create a new one. Maybe that'll solve the issue?

Good luck!

Thanks Tobus, that's my last resort or should I say second to last :D Nothing to lose at present but, would have liked a screenshot from someone else just to see what they are getting at night! Maybe asking too much :lol:

James, I've just grabbed these screenies of the night textures I see... taxiway edges and runway lights seem to be there, plus tarmac lighting in places.

Nighttextures-2011-may-28-001.jpg

Nighttextures-2011-may-28-002.jpg

Hope that helps...

I've got no issues with the actual apron taxiways and lighting just the taxiways from the apron to the airpark and from the water to the airpark. Tried to redo the scenery.cfg and fsx.cfg files and FSX is being a PITA. All water for some reason is now running uphill. May well end up uninstalling everything and starting again. The only issue with this method is that it takes a week or two to reinstall it all!!

I've got no issues with the actual apron taxiways and lighting just the taxiways from the apron to the airpark and from the water to the airpark. Tried to redo the scenery.cfg and fsx.cfg files and FSX is being a PITA. All water for some reason is now running uphill. May well end up uninstalling everything and starting again. The only issue with this method is that it takes a week or two to reinstall it all!!

Are you using UTX, as this was a problem I had and possibly still have :lol: I'll do some screens of my taxi way down to the drink tomorrow see whats going on now I have the latest version installed.

Hi Guy's,

Sorted the issue with the taxiway's and it was an issue with Rex2 Overdrive. As to the water climbing uphill, this could be an issue with UTX. Will have to see if there is a version higher than 1.4.0. At one stage it was a partial issue in that the water would be part way uphill, now it's basically extending to the top of the hill's/dam's. One thing I haven't checked is the exclude file for Andras/Austria? Have it installed so will see what happen's when I remove it.

Since I rebuilt the Scenery.cfg and fsx.cfg files I now have two Scenery errors on starting FSX. Both errors (Area.125 and Area.186) state "Invalid Remote scenery path". In the scenery.cfg file I can't see what the issue is for 125 and there is no entry for 186? May well have to uninstall ALL my add-on scenery and start again!! Don't really want to do that but....

No doing that wouldnt be good, I just spent 2 weeks reinstalling everything. Admittadly I did have to wait for software to be delivered, and a power cut did force me to start all over when 90% through the first time lol

You maybe correct there, it's a PITA. Re the water issue, have deactivated UTX and no issues in relation to climbing water. Just found this in Flight1's Fora http://www.simforums.com/forums/bug-in-river-flattenings-and-elevations_topic36523.html so I'm unsure as to whether this is an FSX/Andras/UTX issue?? Maybe the Dev's for Andras can answer this one?

Will have to do a search later. Found the Area.125 and 186 errors. Had two entries under UT Europe Airports and UT Landclass - Custom (Europe Only) so disables one of them and issue there has gone. The water climbing issue is definitely a UTX issue so hope they do get around to a fix sooner rather than later.

Formula 1 is on so time to pop down the pub for a few jars....

I assume you have all 3 UTX products? If so this is taken from Nick N's guide to configuring your system

Next Step... confirm installs and REPAIR issues. You will do this for EACH version to run its self diagnostic to ensure no duplicates of files are found. 1. Open a interface. 2. Once the interface runs through its initial checks, on the keyboard hit: CTRL -SHIFT - R (three finger salute) The tool will ask if you wish to run a cleanup, select YES. A message will appear at then end.. close

Close the tool and open the next.. repeat for each version of UTX.

NOTE: A problem was found with UTX Europe and ROAD SURFACES in the USA and other areas covered by UTX after the install of the Europe product. After you have installed all versions of UTX the quick fix is to OPEN THE UTX USA TOOL and use the ULTITAME TERRAIN - CHANGE ROAD SURFACE COLOR menu feature to repair the problem for all versions of UTX automatically Simply make selections in this area and click OK

Nah, only have UTX Europe at present. Had a quick look at Nick's guide so may well be refering back to it sooner or later :D Ironed out most of my issues/problems, just the water issue and drop of frame rates to look into at the moment. Both issues I only seem to have around Andras at present so have to start tweaking my system again :(

I have a hit in frames at Andras too. But Im guessing mine is down to: Andras Field, Austria Pro, Mega Airport Vienna, Innsbruck and Mega Airport Munich all being pretty much on top of one and other. Theres more than likely other addons I have in the vacinity :lol:

What I usually do is kill AES Lite at most addons that support it and only use full AES. I also have UTX night lights and road traffic turned off too, as im in a flight sim, if I really cared about vehicles on the ground I'd install Euro Tuck sim or something of that ilk :lol: