NDB and VOR for FSC

James A

Hi Guy's,

In FSX and going to Map I get the NDB and VOR displayed. Within FSC it's not although I've run the dbase manager more times than I want to remember. I have also re-compiled the bgl in FSX Planner after including them both but still cannot get them to display in FSC.

Anyone with any additional hints or tips for me to try?

post-12981-0-03506800-1304716351_thumb.j post-12981-0-61179500-1304716391_thumb.j

The NDB / VOR data is not related to the dBase manage. It is updated from the AIRAC installed while the dB Manager is updating FSX configuration issues. On the low left side of the FSC welcome screen you should see which AIRAC is installed. Hope that helps...

Have the latest Navigraph AIRAC Cycle and it's NOT that as Andras Field is Fictitious and is not incorporated into their data, the only exception I believe is if you have Project Magenta's suite of software. I own it but not re-installed it yet so cannot confirm this.

As far as I'm aware FSX doesn't have anything to do with updating AIRAC cycles. You add an Airport or Scenery into FS and internally it reads the data held within the scenery etcetera. If FSX is reading the data and displays it within the Map then, FSC on running and updating it's information from the Scenery.cfg file it should display the same information. Well one would assume so....

Edited @ 14:30. Installed Plan-G and that reads the relevant info and places them.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I would bump this one to find out if this can be rectified. Don't know who would be responsible for it though? As previously mentioned, FSX is reading it but FSC is not! Within AFX (demo version) the VOR and NDB are showing so why when I run the FSC dBase manager it doesn't pick them up??? Surely, if FSX can see them then FSC should definitely see them.

It's annoying as I have to keep referring to paper rather than my screen!! Here's hoping.......

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi James,

as I understood, how FSC works, it reads navaids like VORs and NDBs either from FSX internal database and/or from external databases like Navigraph. And as Andras is just fictitious it appears neither in FSX nor in FSC.

But to be sure you can post this question either in the "Tools and Mission" section or in FSCs own support forum.

Andras Field does exist in FSX as when you use PlanG and build the database it detects EAFS, EAFW etc etc. So assuming FSC reads the FSX database, it should also know that Andras Field is there along with its navaids.

plang.jpg

Hi Guy's,

As mentioned/shown in the first post :D FSX sees the VOR and NDB, Plan-G see's the VOR and NDB BUT no matter how many times you run the dbase manager for FSC it ain't picking them up!! Now, and I agree with Matt in that if FSX is seeing them then FSC should see it also. Just can't understand why at present. Using the Demo version of AFX the nav aids are there. Also notice that there are 2 scenery.cfg files, one in \\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX file size 11,098 and the other one in c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX file size 25,405!

Gut instinct (could be wrong at the moment with this stupid flu bug I have, but thats a whole other messy story) would say to point the program to c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

as thats the one PlanG uses and it works on both my test FSX machine and on my main flying machine

I have the opposite problem. I see an extra VOR near Port Moresby in FSC that doesn't exist in FSX. So, if I do a flight plan in FSC using this new VOR as a waypoint, the nav radios in FSX will NOT detect it, rendering the flight plan somewhat unreliable. I brought this problem up on the FSC support forum:

http://forum.simflig...c9-but-not-fsx/

For radio navigation flight plans, I now use Plan G, which shows what actually exists in FSX, including nav aids installed by add-on scenery such as Pacific Island Sim's releases.

I have the opposite problem. I see an extra VOR near Port Moresby in FSC that doesn't exist in FSX. So, if I do a flight plan in FSC using this new VOR as a waypoint, the nav radios in FSX will NOT detect it, rendering the flight plan somewhat unreliable. I brought this problem up on the FSC support forum:

http://forum.simflig...c9-but-not-fsx/

For radio navigation flight plans, I now use Plan G, which shows what actually exists in FSX, including nav aids installed by add-on scenery such as Pacific Island Sim's releases.

The only issue I have with plang is it relys so heavily on your internet connection. Lets face it if you live out in the wilderness that is south Cambs your lucky to get over 3Mb download on your broadband :angry: