Huey became unregistered after W7 update

Moshe

Not only the Huey suffers from this situation. All software from Aersoft that uses this "ancient" activation needs reactivation.

Why does a serious company like Aerosoft make this kind of software crap? Looks like you've taken a cheap solution instead of making a good working protection for your software we customers buy that minimizes our problem using what we buy. Instead you are presenting all kind of problems to alot of none-PC experts around the world, spending hours and hours tring to find out what the problems are.

I have not seen any official statement from Aerosoft concerning trouble in actvating problems that has occured from ie. people buying from other shops that Aerosoft.

I can understand you are trying to protect your property. But don't let your loyal customers using hours trying to figure out what went wrong. You will end up loosing them. Or even worse, not buying but using because its easier.

Too bad, Aerosoft.

• Upvote 4

Yes, that is what I am saying. Using a software to protect is not a good solutions. But Aerosoft should be on the ball telling customers about this. Talked to a lot of fellow simmers here in Scandinavia that feels that this should not the customers problem.

Sent from my GT-P1000e using Tapatalk

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can confirm this.

And Matt, this got nothing to do with "Never install M$ service packs on their day of release."

If a protection engine like the one used in Aerosoft Launcher recognizes a SP as a "new" PC because it looks somehow at the versioning of the OS, this is an absolut NO GO for me, regardless how often I can reactivate.

And if Microsoft decides to change its versioning within the OS (for what reason ever), then it is not a bug of the OS, but a problem of products like the Launcher!

And in this case Aerosoft has to react immediately!

This from a real Aerosoft supporter.

• Upvote 6

Pretty odd not to see a prompt heads up note from Aerosoft about it, or did I miss it. Anyway, it's good that we are up on the solution now, as long as I will not have to re-activate all my recent products after every MS registry change, this incident can stay as a lesson learned.

• Aerosoft

Not only the Huey suffers from this situation. All software from Aersoft that uses this "ancient" activation needs reactivation.

Why does a serious company like Aerosoft make this kind of software crap? Looks like you've taken a cheap solution instead of making a good working protection for your software we customers buy that minimizes our problem using what we buy. Instead you are presenting all kind of problems to alot of none-PC experts around the world, spending hours and hours tring to find out what the problems are.

I have not seen any official statement from Aerosoft concerning trouble in actvating problems that has occured from ie. people buying from other shops that Aerosoft.

I can understand you are trying to protect your property. But don't let your loyal customers using hours trying to figure out what went wrong. You will end up loosing them. Or even worse, not buying but using because its easier.

Too bad, Aerosoft.

Well Fred, using the last beta of W7 SP1 we did not see any problem. And in fact we simply have not seen this problem internally and simply have to respond to what customers tell us. So blaming this on us and not on MS is short sighted to say the least. Calling our software 'crap' is not appreciated as you can understand and to be honest from a guy like you I would not have expected this. Now about an official statement.... we have so far seen a few comments, not the thousands you would expect if it would have hurt all customers. We run around 60 W7 machines and have not seen the issue.

If we have any idea what causes the issue we'll solve it. For now it seems a simple re-activation (what you call hours of trying to find out) solves the problem. Open the launcher, select the product (we have only a few using the protection although you seem to suggest something else), and click.

• Upvote 4

• Aerosoft

Yes, that is what I am saying. Using a software to protect is not a good solutions. But Aerosoft should be on the ball telling customers about this. Talked to a lot of fellow simmers here in Scandinavia that feels that this should not the customers problem.

Sent from my GT-P1000e using Tapatalk

Fred if you think software should not be used to protect software, you think a hardware solution (like a dongle) is a better idea? We don't think so.

I repeat, we did not see any problems with W7/Sp1 beta/RC/release. On a load of systems. When they SP was send to millions of people we do find some problems (as far as we know 12 customers so far). But what do you suggest we should do to prevent that? Build a computer farm with all possible hardware/software/language/ fs addons? That means hundreds of machines and dozens of people. You do not want to pay for that in an add-on. And again, we only got a hand full of people with problems, we got NO reports of a clean Win7/SP1 + FSX with problems. In fact we guarantee that will NOT cause problems.

• Upvote 3

Hello Mathijs,

I am always reading your replies with a pleasure and you are one of the few officials around this board with the right tone and attitude, but those replies are a no go.

You - Aerosoft - are obviously relying on something that Microsoft seems to change with an update. And just because you don't suffer those problems does not meen that they don't exist. Reading those statements is embarrasing. The best criticism a company can get is the report of problems from customers - the first things you learn with quality management. So YOU have now the responsibilty to solve the problem and neither the customer nor Microsoft! It doesn't matter how many people report this bug or do not report it.

The problem obviously exist, so fix it!

Regards Arne

• Upvote 3

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well Fred, using the last beta of W7 SP1 we did not see any problem. ...

Interesting point of view, as normally all developers tell you, that they test/gave final comments/... only when the the final release is available ;)

I repeat, we did not see any problems with W7/Sp1 beta/RC/release. On a load of systems. When they SP was send to millions of people we do find some problems (as far as we know 12 customers so far). But what do you suggest we should do to prevent that? Build a computer farm with all possible hardware/software/language/ fs addons? That means hundreds of machines and dozens of people. You do not want to pay for that in an add-on. And again, we only got a hand full of people with problems, we got NO reports of a clean Win7/SP1 + FSX with problems. In fact we guarantee that will NOT cause problems.

I think everybody is aware that you can not test a product with every possible Hardware/OS/Software combination. The problems some people have with the Airbus (except me :rolleyes: ) are a good example.

But if you are talking about a dozen people or so having this problem now, you should keep in mind that:

Not everybody that uses products with the AerosoftLauncher got Windows 7, and those who have this combination have not necessarily already installed SP1.

Normally I also don't install SPs like this very early (other then it is highly recommend), but in this case I couldn't resist to check what others rported.

And to be honest, a 100% vanilla PC with only OS and FSX might fit for a testing environment but not for the average PC-User. This reminds me a littel bit of ancient Microsoft, when support asked you to remove any 3rd party software before they could support you ;)

• Upvote 1