Huey X - Thanks Aerosoft.

Timm

Hi Guys,

Now I have had the Huey for about a week now and think it's time to say to all who put the work into this beauty a BIG THANK YOU. I have not stopped flying the Huey since getting it. Especially the German Army version. I have had NO problems with the installing, NO problems with my controler(X52Pro)and NO problems when in FSX. So in all a very happy chappy.Timm

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Hell, for one of the best selling projects we done in many moons I would say this topic name is not suitable! There are about 19 people active on the forums who have issues and we got a few thousand customers. It's so easy to get the wrong impression.

The paintkit you complain about (it WAS made for not very experienced users) does not seem to stop people using it. Sorry it does not suit what you expected of it but it has been downloaded 632 times and we got three reports of people not being happy about it (and two of those have send in rather nice repaints by now).

Hell, for one of the best selling projects we done in many moons I would say this topic name is not suitable! There are about 19 people active on the forums who have issues and we got a few thousand customers. It's so easy to get the wrong impression.

Hi,

All I am saying is THANK YOU GUYS for a great aircraft. Oh well in future I will not post up thanking you guys if this is the responce I get. Timm

Hi,

All I am saying is THANK YOU GUYS for a great aircraft. Oh well in future I will not post up thanking you guys if this is the responce I get. Timm

On behalf of the developers I will say that we are very happy that You like the Huey :)

Positive feedback is always nice to get !

But honestly Your topic name makes it sound as if the Huey X has some major issues.

As Mathijs says, only a few people are having server problems, wich we are doing our best to solve.

Best regards

Finn

Hi Guys,

Now I have had the Huey for about a week now and think it's time to say to all who put the work into this beauty a BIG THANK YOU. I have not stopped flying the Huey since getting it. Especially the German Army version. I have had NO problems with the installing, NO problems with my controler (X52Pro)and NO problems when in FSX. So in all a very happy chappy. The only thing that lets it down and this is not towards the aircraft at all and thats the paint kit, that is all I'm saying on this. Timm

100% agree with Tim. Some little bugs are normal. Best Huey i´ve ever had for FlightSim.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Again thx for that birdy. Navigation flights with VOR and NDB are no problem, fine flight feeling. Totally flown 10hours without any problems (black box seems to be no prob)

I like it too. I don't normally bother with helicopters in MSFS because I find them too difficult to control. However, this add-on looked too good to miss, and along with the little "hover guage/auto hover" modification, I'm using it regularly.

I might even be able to dispense with the auto hover soon too... ;)

Well done Aerosoft, another fine addition to FSX.

I like it too. I don't normally bother with helicopters in MSFS because I find them too difficult to control. However, this add-on looked too good to miss, and along with the little "hover guage/auto hover" modification, I'm using it regularly.

I might even be able to dispense with the auto hover soon too... ;)

Well done Aerosoft, another fine addition to FSX.

Once You get to the point where You feel in total control of the helicopter, it will be much more rewarding than learning to fly fixed wing aircraft.

I small tip on hover training...

Don´t focus on nearby ground objects. Better look on a terain feature at the horizon and try to keep it in the same position relative to Your windscreen and You will find t´hat hovering becomes much easier.

Focusing on objects that are too close will make You over-adjust with Your control inputs.

A short glance at something closer here and then should suffice.

In flightsim You can also use the ADI. Allways keep picth and roll level, only allow it to pitch/roll within ±5° or better ±2°.

Again smooth gradual inputs will make it even easier.

Finn

I am also very happy with the Huey X. The flightmodel is challenging at first, but with some practice the Huey is fairly easy to hover. For me much more easier then the default Choppers. For me is the Huey with this advanced Flightmodel and the possibility for a fast start up, the right stuff. And it is a HUEY !

Simply brilliant work, its an accomplishment that the Aerosoft team can be proud of.

cheers

Jaeger

Once You get to the point where You feel in total control of the helicopter, it will be much more rewarding than learning to fly fixed wing aircraft.

I small tip on hover training...

Don´t focus on nearby ground objects. Better look on a terain feature at the horizon and try to keep it in the same position relative to Your windscreen and You will find t´hat hovering becomes much easier.

Finn, you are exactly right in what you say. I have been keeping my attention on distant objects ( buildings, trees etc. ) and my abilities are improving.

I also bought a registered copy of FSUIPC two weeks ago, and I think that is giving me more precise control, though I have yet to explore all the possibilities that FSUIPC offers.