Additions to the code of conduct

Matt_Smith

2 words

NO ADVERTISING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes getting very pissed off with Andras Meridain advertising in our forum, I could have sworn they have their own forum and website to advertise in!?

Hi Matt

Is your getting pissed off with them advertising here personal or practical? Seems to me that a VA based at Andras, and therefore promoting it as a location, would be a good thing?

Hi Matt

Is your getting pissed off with them advertising here personal or practicle? Seems to me that a VA based at Andras, and therefore promoting it as a location, would be a good thing?

You could have a point lol

Hi Matt

Is your getting pissed off with them advertising here personal or practical? Seems to me that a VA based at Andras, and therefore promoting it as a location, would be a good thing?

Well as I see it, its not the advertising in general. I also like to promote a VA that has resemblance to Andras Field, but I think Matt is right on the grounds of user Moshe keeps posting details on the VA, that has nothing to do with Andras Field. Its only internal VA stuff, and for this they have their own forum.

And I read on the Andras Meridian forums that Darem is planning to open the VA for non-Andras Field users, and move the focus away from Andras Field as a center of the VA. This to enlarge the VA. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing at all, but if the VA is going to be combined to Andras Field only by name, then I dont want them to use this forum to promote it. I wouldnt like other VA´s to promote themselves here - as this would move the focus AWAY from Andras Field, and this is not the purpose - for US.

But this is only a possible future. For now I am concerned about the ongoing posts that has nothing to do with Andras Field, as I said - and the fact that they promote VATSIM for ATC, and we have a rule here that we promote VAE, as long as we are connected to them.

So Matt is right when we expresses concern. I am also watching the development.

Fair enough. In that case I suggest a deal in which someone from here at Andras Field (AF) is allowed to post and actively promote AF on the Andras Meridian (AM) forums. If they are looking to enlarge this could be beneficial for AF.

If no one can be found from here to promote AF or if AM do not agree then they can only post about it here if their flight originates/terminates/stops-over etc at AF...

I am happy that they post (better if we can post there as well and if they don't send loads of posts here) I think posts were set off by Darem just posting a reminder and an update which I am more than happy with- I think Moshe's enthusiasm has made him post here quite a few times. I don't think this will be the normal pattern.