question about take off and landings

carlitoz82718

Is obvous that aerosoft airbus x dont come with sids/star. My question for everyone is how do you get your information regarding sids and stars... I'm not a real pilot so im not to fimilar with Charts. But is there something out there that can plan a sid and star out for you and altitude you need to be at at what waypoint.... Is just seem very diffcult to operate a aircraft with out knowing what to do. I guess im just use to having the FMS help. But before I do buy this bird I want to be able to know a website or something that can plan sid and star and altitude I need to be when the time comes. Thx for any info..

Geoncarlos Colon

You need charts and a flight planner that supports SIDS and STARS. So you need at least something like Navigraph NDAC and Flight Sim Commander 8.6. Be aware that version 9 of FSC is to be released in the near future so you may want to hold off a little longer before buying.

• Upvote 1

But bear in mind that you do not get TOC/TOD flags in ND flying a SID or STAR because of too many waypoints.

Also the calculation of transition altitudes flying a STAR doesn't work (see my thread "More Bugs" here).

Regards Martin

Hence the requirement of charts for the SIDS and STARS as I already mentioned i.e. Something like Navigraph NDAC. TOC and TOD will show as long as there are no more than 5 waypoints before TOC or after TOD.

Finding the TOD is easy using the X3 plus 10 miles method

Right you are Andy, but almost all of my flights with SID and STAR have more than 5 waypoints before TOC or after TOD, therefore I hope this will be fixed with the next update.:-)

Regards Martin

With mathematics it is still relatively simple - I'd rather be a pilot than a systems administrator :)

• Upvote 2

So quick question .... To have flight sim commander and to work I need to have navigraph too... Flight Sim commander doesn't comes with it own Sids/Stars within it system....?? Sorry i'm new to all the 3 party system for flight planning... I always been use to having the FMS for all this... And when built a flight planner with flight sim commander does it import automically to the Airbus FMS or do I need to manually write them in there myself.... thanks for the answer....

Geoncarlos Colon

• Deputy Sheriffs

So quick question .... To have flight sim commander and to work I need to have navigraph too... Flight Sim commander doesn't comes with it own Sids/Stars within it system....?? Sorry i'm new to all the 3 party system for flight planning... I always been use to having the FMS for all this... And when built a flight planner with flight sim commander does it import automically to the Airbus FMS or do I need to manually write them in there myself.... thanks for the answer....

Geoncarlos Colon

FSC uses the Navigraph database. First time you buy FSC it comes with an outdated database. So you have to buy a new AIRAc for 2 Euro from Navigraph. But keep in mind, that buying 1 Airac you can download this AIRAC for all products using Navigraph and you own. And the Airbus also works with the Navigraph database (one that is also used for example by the Aerosofts Cheyenne).

And when you have setup a flightplan in FSC it loads automatically in the FMS when you first load it through the FSX Flightplaner.

BTW. You can get a trialversion of FSC from their website.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Geoncarlos Colon

Are you aware that the Airbus comes with a correct (but obviously dated) Navigraph database? The only reason you'd need to update it is if you want to have the most current data, as in an airport adding/changing runways, needing/wanting to use current real life procedures, etc.

There are several versions of the Navigraph databases for a given AIRAC cycle. See page 01-07-04 in the manual (that's where it is in the English manual) for a description of the correct Navigraph database if you update from them. In an English language version of Win7 and AirbusX, the supplied Navigraph database is in (FSX folder)\Navigraph\NavData\Proc .

so one more question.... with flight sim commander does it include the altitude and speed you need be at for each sid/star during take off and approach.....thx... this would determine if I'm getting Airbus X...

Geoncarlos Colon

so can anyone help me out who has the product out there... If Flight Sim Commander show the altitude and speed you need to be at during your sids/star in the Airbus X.... Does it show it in the Airbus FMS or in the flight sim commander... I just need to know because I dont want to buy a product (Airbus X) If I at least dont have help getting in and out of an airport or else to me is not flyable.. Im not experience pilot at all and I would def need the help of Sid/Star.... but thx for answering the question...

Geoncarlos Colon

Hi. Using FS Commander is a good idea if you need to SID/STAR. However, it won't enter altitude/speed constraints in the Airbus X FMS. This shouldn't be a worry to you as default FSX ATC doesn't cater for SIDS/STARs.

An FS Commander flight plan will load into Airbus X with the SID/STAR so you can fly it an any given altitude/speed you like.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

First you need to know how many thousand feet you need to descend from your cruise altitude. For example you are cruising at 30,000 and you want to be at 3000 at the end of your descent;

30,000-

------

27,000 remove zeros = 27

------

27 miles * 3 = 81 miles + 10 mile buffer = 91 miles.

So start your descent when the FMC tells you you have 91 miles to go to your destination.

It's not perfect but you can get pretty close if you use a descent rate somewhere between 2000/2400 feet a minute depending on wind direction.

First you need to know how many thousand feet you need to descend from your cruise altitude. For example you are cruising at 30,000 and you want to be at 3000 at the end of your descent;

30,000-

------

27,000 remove zeros = 27

------

So start your descent when the FMC tells you you have 91 miles to go to your destination.

It's not perfect but you can get pretty close if you use a descent rate somewhere between 2000/2400 feet a minute depending on wind direction.

aha, I didn't know thisl. Thanks a lot, it's very useful because Airbus X still doesn't show the TOD like it should do.

Björn

30,000-

------

27,000 remove zeros = 27

------

If you constantly use a vertcal speed (=descent rate) of Groundspeed(GS) * 5 than you get exactly close to the calculated point, e.g GS=460kts then vertical speed should be -2300ft/min, 400kts -> -2000ft/min. Together with the above rule explained by Andy you are descending on a 3° descent profile.

The 10 miles buffer is used if you have to decelerate your speed at 10.000ft according to air rules (often, but by far not everywhere 250kts max under 10.000ft), it gives you enough time to normally reduce speed from 300-280 kts indicated above 10.000ft to 250-240 kts indicated passing 10.000ft without using speed brakes (the last sentence does not apply to the AirbusX because of the simplified descent).

Regards

Henry