-------------------------> General message

• Aerosoft

Dear friends, I just posted this one our main news page:

"Whoooooaaaa.... that was about the reaction in our office when we saw how fast the Airbus X started to sell when we put it online 24 hours ago. The sales server managed to keep up, the file server was smoking and the forum server gave up around 22:00 last night. Three things we like to say that will avoid some problems. First, though we have been able to give near immediate replies on the forum, our support staff does need some sleep, so do not expect TOO much this evening. Second, at this moment we do not yet have German manuals and all the developers are working in English. So the best way to get support is to come to the Airbus X support forums. We don't care if you English is not perfect and we don't care if you prefer a non-English message there. Third and last, we have seen a few people who were expecting this product to be something else then we intended it to be. This aircraft is made for the kind of customer who finds the more expensive PMDG (and others) aircraft too intimidating and the default aircraft of FSX too simple. "

or in German (thanks Stefan):

"Huiiiiiiiii….das war die Reaktion in unserem Büro, als wir sahen, wir schnell sich der AirbusX in den ersten 24 Stunden nach Veröffentlichung verkauft hatte. Der Verkaufsserver blieb geradeso am Laufen, der Datenserver glühte regelrecht vor Betriebsamkeit und der Forumserver schmierte gegen Zehn Uhr gestern Abend wegen Überlastung ab. Drei Dinge seien hier erwähnt, die einige Probleme vermeiden könnten. Erstens: Trotzdem wir zeitnah auf Anfragen im Forum antworten konnten, braucht unser Supportteam etwas Schlaf. So erwarten Sie bitte heute Abend eine nicht ganz so flinke Reaktion unsererseits. Zweitens, haben wir im Augenblick keine deutschen Bedienungsanleitungen und alle Entwickler arbeiten leider in englischer Sprache. Die beste Weg Unterstützung auf ihre Fragen zu erhalten, bleibt trotzdem das AirbusX Support Forum. Sie brauchen sich nicht für etwaiges schlechtes Englisch zu schämen und auch nicht wenn sie uns trotzdem in ihrer deutschen Muttersprache anschreiben. Drittens und Letztens haben wir einige Menschen bemerkt, deren Erwartungen an die Systemkomplexität des Produktes sich nicht ganz erfüllt haben, obwohl von uns deutlich auf den Umfang der genutzten Features hingewiesen wurde. Der AirbusX ist für Kunden gedacht, die vor teureren und komplizierter zu bedienenden Flugzeugen wie denen von PMDG und anderen Firmen zurückschrecken und denen auf der anderen Seite die Default Flugzeuge von FSX zu simpel sind."

Now a few more comments. We have seen some comments on German and French forums that just do not make sense. Stuff we already solved several times in the forums here. I am very sorry we cannot give the same support in all the standard languages (English, French, German, Spanish) at this moment. If you would be so kind to point people in other forums to these forums where most issue have been discussed a few times already we would be very grateful. It just helps a lot when things are centralized. Support this evening will be slow form our side. All the people responsible have been working 18 hour days and they are just worn out. Saturday and Sunday we'll be back.

Lastly, we see this every time. People see the issues and problems on the forum and they think the product is not stable. But if you sell 1000 copies you will 50 problem, that's the nature of the beast. That relation is about the same for every product. Does the Airbus X have problems? Sure, we fixed a few already, we are looking into others. None of these problems seem to be serious to us, although if you are the customer who faces a serious issue things look different. We understand and we are responsive to that. At the end of this weekend we most likely have an SP1 that fixes the 'easy' stuff. The bugs, the typos, the silly mistakes. The hard stuff, the errors that happen just with a few customers, will take longer because we can not recreate them. Always keep in mind that only customers who have an issue post, all the others are in the air flying to where ever they want to go.

I leave you with a big thanks. Making this Airbus took a lot of effort caused me personally to go from Adonis like young god to a 50 year old gray haired geezer (hey I can try okay....) but seriously it was a complex and stressful project. Seeing so many people buy it (and enjoy it) makes it all worth while.

Very well said! Although...

...some people DO like to come back here to post something positive: Oh yes, yes, yes!!! Oooooh yes!!!

;)

Jeroen,

Your enthusiasm is probably the best present devs can expect after spending so many hours working hard to deliver this beauty :--)

I am as well a very happy camper!

The BusX is really a quantum leap in our fantastic FS world.

:D

• Upvote 1

In the first 24 hours I was amazed at the speed that issues were being dealt with on the forums. Both by Aerosoft staff and normal customers, so I would just like to say a big well done to all involved in Aerosoft's finest hour!