Aerosoft Discus K Released

Tyrion

Some great news from Aerosoft for us glider pilots!!

They just released another version of their great Discus Glider: the aerobatic Discus K.

More information and screenshots in this topic: Discus K Released

Great news, but for those of you that want to start making the airspace around Andras Field unsafe,

remember this piece of pilot wisdom:

There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots. :rolleyes:

Some great news from Aerosoft for us glider pilots!!

They just released another version of their great Discus Glider: the aerobatic Discus K.

More information and screenshots in this topic: Discus K Released

Great news, but for those of you that want to start making the airspace around Andras Field unsafe,

remember this piece of pilot wisdom:

There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots. :rolleyes:

Thanks Lars.

We have to make a glider fly-in some time soon, for all the glider freaks!:blink:

Hi Lars,

I never had the chance to glide, it sure looks attractive and worth to try. One issue I do not understand about the gliders, will appreciate if you can make it clear: As to Aerosoft offer, the "K" model is considered a complete product, not simpler than the older one yet it looks less complex and is much cheaper than the older glider. Also the older model includes an additional licenced software to get it up to the air. So i would like to understand which product should I get, the "K" or the regular one?

Appriciate your advice

All I can say to the first part of your query is to purchase both. They are the bees knees in add on aircraft.

Hi Lars,

Also the older model includes an additional licenced software to get it up to the air. So i would like to understand which product should I get, the "K" or the regular one?

Appriciate your advice

The only additional programme that comes with the Discus X is Winch X which is free (as far as i'm aware). Another programme to grab is Cumulus X and this is either free or with a licence and as far as i'm aware nobody will force you to choose one over the other.

There are a couple of differences between the products.

But as James said, the included WinchX that comes with the DiscusX is a free download.

The normal DiscusX package is more expensive, but also brings more: 3 versions of the Discus glider: I pure glider, one with a small engine, and one with a larger engine capable of starting on it's own power.

It also comes with a fully simulated C4 Competition flight computer.

The Discus K is just one version, the Aerobatics version, and lacks the flight computer. That's why it's cheaper.

As to choose which one to buy, I'd say start with the normal DiscusX package, and if you like that you can add the Discus K. First because the DiscusX gives you more possibilities, given it also has the engine powered models. And second, you will get a 30% discount when buying the Discus K if you already have the Discus X.

At least, that's what I would do.

WOW... I have to say this is something else for sure! I had no idea how is it to plan a landing with a glider, and was surprised to discover how much spare potential I had :blush: I could make 2.5 more circles than planed and land safely B)