Gibraltar X Questions And Feeback Request

cmpbllsjc

hi, I recently got this addon, it looks amazing, one of the better scenery addons in my collection, I just have a minor problem. The road that crosses over the runway, it closes when I am taking off, landing, etc., but when my ai traffic crosses over the runway, the road remains active. My AI traffic is Traffic X and I DO NOT own AES

hi, I recently got this addon, it looks amazing, one of the better scenery addons in my collection, I just have a minor problem. The road that crosses over the runway, it closes when I am taking off, landing, etc., but when my ai traffic crosses over the runway, the road remains active. My AI traffic is Traffic X and I DO NOT own AES

Correct.

"Dynamic car-traffic across the runway, it stops automaticaly when you depart or approach at the bounds (manually controllable with NAV frequencies)"

So it does stop for you and thats all.

Fellows,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone, especially Oliver who provided feedback on this scenery before I purchased it.

I bought it tonight and after a somewhat speedy download considering the size, I installed it. Everything went off without a hitch.

In addition I am very pleased to say that the airport is very well done and FPS friendly as well. I did a short test flight around the airport in the Level D 767 and even with some bad weather thrown in for good measure I was still able to get between 30 and 40 FPS in and around the area, and even on final approach. I also gave it a few trips around the circuit at night in the same plane and things were still great and the night lighting is excellent. As far as the textures go there wasn't a flickering or shimmering texture in sight, which is a welcome sight.

Honestly, the only thing I can say that I dont like about the scenery is the runway and VASI lights at night and the VASI's in the day. In my opinion a little too bright and the VASI's are too big and fuzzy kind of like the ones in Innsbruck X. However, that being said I will take fuzzy looking VASI's over all the other problems I have had in other sceneries.

Now that I have made my first purchase of a Sim Wings scenery I feel that they are ones that I can add to my list of developers who can be trusted to put out a good product that has no issues with performance and flickering textures.

Frankly, after buying Gibraltar X, it makes me more upset that a scenery like Nice X which is probably similar in complexity gives me about 1/2 the FPS that this one does and gave me countless hours of frustration try different combinations of mip mapping to improve the shimmer and flickering. In the end NiceX provided to be a scenery that I can't use and ended up combining parts of it with parts of Nice from France VFR to give me a desent looking airport that performs well. Although in all honesty, it doens't look as good as the Aerosoft version, but I get better performance.

I'll say this as well about Gibraltar X, after Nice X and some of the other sceneries I have bought from Aerosoft and seeing some of the frustrations over Schiphol, I have really felt that buying an airport from Aerosoft was really a crap shoot with no recourse. If you end up with an airport that doesn't work well for you its money down the tube since Aerosoft doesn't offer refunds. I am glad that Sim Wings came through and gave me an airport that I will enjoy for years to come with no hassel and do it at home fixing.

I'm guessing that I will be a buyer in the future of more Sim Wings airports like Barcelona and Madrid. Although Madrid has been around for a while I have not researched it yet to see how other users are enjoying it and if it provides the same hassel free experience I received with Gibraltar X.

@Oliver

Oliver, I have taken the step to download your AES base pack and the free files to make it work for Gibraltar. I have yet to install them, although I probably will in the next few hours or so and give it a try.

Honestly, if you hadn't stepped into this thread and got talking to me about this scenery I may have gone even longer without trying your product. Heck, I have been simming for 20 years now, and even though AES has been around for the last 7 years or so, I have always passed on it. Since you seem very available to give support even on products that are not of your developement, I am going to give it a shot.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Sean

POST EDIT

One quick question I forgot. I noticed in the day and night there was 1 single light in the water on approach to runway 09. Is that correct that there is only 1 light or should there be more lead in lights? I am not familar with the airport in real life so I just wanted to make sure that 1 light was supposed to be there and that I am not missing more lights?

Also was looking at an aerial view of the airport on MSN maps and I noticed that the terminal area looks like it has a different setup that the one in the maps on MSN? Has the aiport recently added a newer teminal and parking, or is the version of the airport I got based on how Gibraltars terminal used to be? I am guessing the one I got is newer and aerial view on MSN is out of date.

• Developer

One quick question I forgot. I noticed in the day and night there was 1 single light in the water on approach to runway 09. Is that correct that there is only 1 light or should there be more lead in lights? I am not familar with the airport in real life so I just wanted to make sure that 1 light was supposed to be there and that I am not missing more lights?

Also was looking at an aerial view of the airport on MSN maps and I noticed that the terminal area looks like it has a different setup that the one in the maps on MSN? Has the aiport recently added a newer teminal and parking, or is the version of the airport I got based on how Gibraltars terminal used to be? I am guessing the one I got is newer and aerial view on MSN is out of date.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regarding the PAPI: This are very special custom PAPI, as the complete Runway and Approach lights. This is done by following reasons:

1.) The FS generated one is not usable in this form of Groundlayout,

2.) the "old" Runwaylights Opcode is generating problems by older AI Models and Shadows used

3.) The Customlights are full 3D, underfloor and could be adapt much more flexible to the need of the airports

But, there are several trick needed, so that overblending in low angles are reduced, the visibility on day is not too bad, specially the PAPI, which needs to be visible on Day for a longer distance as the lightpoint are generated from the FS.

Based on this situation, it's very difficult to find the "best" intensity for the Papilight, so that they can be seen under all conditions.

Regarding the light in the water: yes, as our info's are, there is only one flashing light on each side.

Regarding the Terminal: yes, the airport is under heavy construction now, Terminal and the street around the Airport will all change now. The scenery has more or less a status within this process. Tomorrow all is different there.

Thanks for the info on the lights Oliver.

Having read your post I guess there are many ways to do it, or other tricks I am assuming since I know very little about what you told me, lol.

For example, FSDT uses custom ground/runway/taxiway textures and they are able to use the smaller sim generated lights. Same with FlyTampa and LatinVFR from what I have seen. However others like Sim Wings and Tropical Sim use the style of lightening light you takled about. recently I bought SBGR from Tropical Sim and it has really big lights for the runway, taxiway, approach, etc. I emailed them about it and they said something similar to what you told me. Then LatinVFR made the same scenery with custom ground, etc., and it looks like they found a way to use the older style lights.

Frankly, since I don't design sceneries I really dont understand a lot about it, however your explanation was easier to understand than some that I have read before. I guess its just up to the developer to figure out what is the best option for them?

Thanks again Oliver for all the commentary.

Regards

• 1 month later...

Hi Travis. Thanks for the info. BTW, I do know the wasy to San Jose California if thats the one your talking about? Funny you should say that because another fellow on the FSDT forum asked me the same thing the other day about San Jose but had a different name, I though you where him for a moment.

As far as your experience have you tried Gibraltar with a complex plane yet like anything from PMDG or LDS? I would imagine every one would get good performance with some small GA a/c, but its the airliners that I am mostly concerned about. I'm running a card similar to your but a GTS 250 OC 1GB and an E8400 OC'ed to 3.85 ghz

On the issue with Nice X and Lisbon X. Nice X has never run well on my system even with all the patches. I have eliminated the shimmering at Nice X, but get lower than normal FPS at that airport, especially considering the size of the place. I am actually running what you could call a Frankensteined version of Nice X right now where I took some parts from the Aerosoft version and combined them with the version from FranceVFR. It took me a few days and a lot of experimenting to get it to work, plus I am still working on the AFCAD/ADE file to sync up the two versions, but overall it works well and I have good FPS now. Seems that the building in the FranceVFR give me better FPS, but I am also using some items from the Aerosoft verson to make it look better.

Lisbon X I am pretty happy with. I get about 25 to 30 FPS there with 100% AI and heavy weather and the LDS 767. I did have to spend some time with mipping the textures because some where shimmering like crazy. One thing that does annoy me about Lisbon X is that some of the signs on the buildings flicker on and off. If you hit the pause key at the right time you will not see a sign on one of the hangers, then when you unpause the sim the sign will reappear. I think it may have something to do with that particular texture missing an alpha channel, but I am not 100% certain if that is the problem. However, like many sceneries that come out of Aerosoft its just one of those things you will have to get used to. Plus you probably know the standing joke in the community, when your flying around Europe if you cant find the airport just look for something shimmering in the distance and that will probably be it, lol. (No offense to Aerosoft, it's not my joke)

As far as how to mip map there are a few ways to do it. I use Image Tool and use a batch process so that I can do a lot of textures in one key stroke, but it only works for .bmp file. I also use it to mip map AI a/c textures to keep them from shimmering. If you have DDS files that need to be mipped, I use a free tool called DDS Converter 2 and I allow it to automatically set the number of mips for the texture you are converting. Lastly I use a tool called DXtBmp, which is also free. I use it to open textures to determine if they are DXT5, DXT3 or DXT1.

The one thing that is time consuming is looking at all the textures in DXTBmp to determine if they are DXT5, 3, or 1. Once I have all the textures seperated by DXT format, then I will run the batch converter on all the DXT3's then the DXT1's. Also I usually only mip the day textures and leave the light map texures alone, unless when I test the scenery at night there is too much shimmering, then I will mip the _lm textures as well using the same way by grouping all the DXT3's and DXT1's and running a batch.

Sometimes you will find scenery textures that are in 32bit format, like photoreal ground textures. They typically have larger file sizes and I often convert them from 32bit to 16bit DXT3 fies.

A lot of the folks at Aerosoft, including the skipper Mr. Kok, insist that mipping takes away from the sharpness of the texture. I, and many others disagree and maintain that it doesn't blur the texture, but provides a less detailed version of the same texture when you are farther away from the object being viewed. Basically a mip map takes a texture and makes more copies of the same texture from large to small. Then depending on the distance you are from the object a resized version of the texture will be displayed. It is also easier on the video card to render, which is why some people claim they increase FPS when using texture that have mips as opposed to not having mips. It is also why premier developers like FlyTampa, FSDreamteam, and ORBX you mip mapped textures. You will never see there products shimmer unless you have improper settings in your video card.

There is a lot more to it and I am not sure if I really explained it very well and maybe made you more confused. If you have anymore question let me know and maybe I can help you to try a few textures, just make sure to backup your orginal textures in case you mess something up.

Regards,

Sean

Great post. It really helped me understand about mip maps.

Its an old-ish post so was worried whether you'd read my reply so PM'd you.

Basically, wonder if you could explain on the post, for everyone's benefit, exactly how to "batch convert" using imagetool.exe. I can work it out !

Thanks again

Great post. It really helped me understand about mip maps.

Its an old-ish post so was worried whether you'd read my reply so PM'd you.

Basically, wonder if you could explain on the post, for everyone's benefit, exactly how to "batch convert" using imagetool.exe. I can work it out !

Thanks again

Hi Gabe.

Sorry I didn't see that you PM'ed me. Usually when I come to the forum I am not logged in and when I am not logged in, the forum wont alert me to having a PM in the in box.

Anyways, I the subject of mip mapping there are a few ways to do it and a few different free tools that can be used to do it as well depending on whether the textures you wish to mip are .dds or .bmp files. For short I will refer to adding mip maps as mips, so I dont confuse you.

1. The tool that I use mostly to add mips to .dds file is a free tool called DDS Converter 2.1. You can find some links to it using google. It is a hand tool because you can preview the texture first in the little window and it will also tell you what format the texture is in to start with and if it already has mip maps and if so how many. It will also let you specifiy the amount of mips to add or you can select 0 (zero) and it will build the number of mips automatically for you when you convert the texture. Typically I leave it set at 0 and let it figure it out on its own. You can also select as many textures as you want by holding the CTRL key and either scrolling down or clicking the mouse on the textures you want to convert. This is really hand if you want to do a lot of textures as once rather than doing them one at a time,

2. The second tool I sometimes use is a free tool called DXTBmp. You can also find it using goole. This tool I use sometimes for .dds textures that wont open with DDS Converter 2.1 or I will use it for opening .bmp files to find out what compression they are already in, like 32bit, DXT5, DXT3, or DXT1. I also sometimes use it to add mip maps, but not all the time since I dont know how to do a batch of them at once. It maybe possible to do batches, but I haven't tried or figured out how to do so.

3. Lastly I use the imagetool that comes with the FSX SDK. This I use mostly for doing batch conversions on AI planes when I know for certain that all the textures I want to convert are all 32bit, DXT5 or DXT3. I usually dont use it blindly until I first check the format of the files I am going to convert in DXTBmp. It also only does .bmp files and not .dds files. So if the scenery you are going to work with are .dds you will need to use DDS Converter 2 or DXTBmp.

As far as doing the conversions what I usually do after installing a new scenery is make a backup of the sceneries Texture and Scenery folder and store it on my backup drive. This way if I mess up a texture, delete one, or misplace one, I will always have a replacement I can get from the other drive quickly without having to reinstall the scenery.

Once the back ups are done then what I will do is Copy the whole Scenery folder of the scenery you are going to work with over to my desktop. Then I will sort it by .bmps and .dds files if it has both types of textures in the scenery folder. Once I have done this I will make another folder on the desktop and put all the .dds textures in it and open them with DDS Converter 2. I will them scroll thru each one and see what compression they are and if they already have mips built into them. If they dont have mips and they are all DXT5 or DXT3, then I will highlight all of them and go into the options menus in DDS Converter and select the same compression and add 0 (zero) in the buiild mips area, then I proceed to convert all of them. I will caution agains converting textures that are for VASI's or PAPI's as doing this in some cases has made those lights show up to dim in the sim. Usually I just mip building, ground, jetway, and vehicle texutres and leave the lights that go to PAPI's, VASI's and light poles alone.

After the .dds files are done, I go to the other folder that still has the .bmps in it and I will open them one at a time with DXTBmp and check to see what there compression are. I usually will sort the them by compression if they are mixed with 32 bit, DXT3, DXT1 and DXT5. You could take all the 32bit, DXT5 and DXT3 textures and use imagetool to do a batch conversion to DXT3 for all of them and then take all the DXT1 bmps and use image tool to do a batch conversion to the same compression of DXT1 just adding mips using imagetool as well.

Frankly I am not sure what would happen if I tried to convert DXT1 textures to DXT3, but to be safe I usually just convert DXT5 and 32 bit textures to DXT3. Sometimes I will take DXT5 .dds files and convert them all to DXT3 since it seems like my computer has an easier time with them, but it could just be a placebo effect.

Either way, adding mip maps to all these textures will 9 times out of 10 take the shimmers away and it takes some stress of the video card by being able to render a small version of the texture when you are a distance from it. Basically mip maps are just smaller version of the same texture. So if you have a texture and add 10 mips maps to it, you wil in essence have 10 smaller version of the texture for the video card to render as you get farther away from it, rather than trying to render the same single texture. Thats why when you have an un-mipped texture that is shimmering from a distance and then when you get closer to it the shimmering stops. Adding mips just gives the card smaller textures to render from a distance, hence no more shimmering.

Sorry for the long winded post but I hope this clears it up for you can helps. I know that it is a lot to take in at first, but you can experiment doing it and really cant mess anything up as long as you make sure to take a backup of the oringinal first. Its too bad that some developers dont mip the stuff right off the bat. It not like it takes a lot of extra work, but yet some devs still dont do it. In the case of GibralterX I was happy the developer did it and saved me the time. You will notice that most of the stuff that comes from FSDreamteam and FlyTampa already come mipped and optimized so that you dont have to do it yourself. Some developers claim that mipping makes textures blurry, but I would argue that is false because a mip is just a smaller version of the same original texture. It may appear to be blurry, but I think that is just because its not shimmering in the distance. The only time it will be actually not as sharp is if you convert a 32 bit texture to a DXT5 or DXT3, but frankly to me the difference to me is not even noticable, plus the DXt version will most likely give you better performance.

I dont check the Aerosoft forum very often, but if you have more questions reply back to this thread and I will try to check it again soon.

Regards

BTW, ignore spelling errors. It was 2:30 in the morning when I typed this, lol.

Hello Sean After installing Gibralter I have just a part of runway with no buildings look below

gib.jpg

Looking in the scenery files it is not there eg GibralterX but only in the aerosoft directory

as 1_GIB_FSX_Airport and _GIB_FSX_Terrain can I place it manually in the scenery files so that it works.

Fred.

Thanks for the great tutorial - It should be made a sticky.

I converted all my textures for one particular 3rd party payware airport, where all the ground textures were shimmering like crazy. Hard to understand really, as all the buildings and stuff had been mip mapped - you could tell be the size - DXT3 with MM being 1366 KB, versus the 1024 of the non-mipped textures.

So, I seperated them all out into DXT 1 and 3, and batch converted the lot in seconds !!!

And what an amazing difference !

In fact the only thing left shimmering were the tyre marks on the runways, and guess what ? I'd missed them - they were not mipped either ! Oh, and the ramplights... but that's more to do with them being thin straight lines - I guess we'll never stop ramplights wobbling around a little.

So, it just goes to show - shimmering has little to do with graphics cards, especially when as you say, so many airports don't sufferf rom it. It's totally down to textures.

I encourage anyone who happens across this post - due to annoying shimmering - to follow the info. above. It is really easy once you have the right tools, and I'll be doing it with all my offending airports. I'm even gonna try resizing overly large aircraft textures and converting to DXT from 32 bit !

Although it may not help with FPS per se, it will certainly improve tecture loading times when switching views... which is useful if you're stuck with the 2GB of RAM on a 32bit system. Typically, 2048x2048 textures are 12MB when decompressed... compared to just 3MB if 1024x1024, and less than 1MB if 512x512. Big difference.

• Developer

Hello Sean After installing Gibralter I have just a part of runway with no buildings look below

gib.jpg

Looking in the scenery files it is not there eg GibralterX but only in the aerosoft directory

as 1_GIB_FSX_Airport and _GIB_FSX_Terrain can I place it manually in the scenery files so that it works.

Fred.

The installer should be able to add the entries into the scenery.cfg automatically. Please try to install the scenery again, doublecheck that the FSX is stopped while installing and that the user has admin rights while install.

The installer should be able to add the entries into the scenery.cfg automatically. Please try to install the scenery again, doublecheck that the FSX is stopped while installing and that the user has admin rights while install.

I have done that and I have admin rights, I have installed the FS9 version it did not find the FS9 just C://48x. Had that problem with a few other programs is Gibralter X compatable with the Vista64 bit.?

No entry

gib2a.jpg

Heres the aerosoft folder.

gib3.jpg

• Developer

Also still the same it's something with AES thats blocking it.

What?

You are talking from FSX, correct?

Check you C:\Users\all user\Microsoft\FSX directory

There you should find the scenery.cfg file. Check what is in there.

I have a German operating system and the flight simulator is D:/FSX

This is from D:/Flight SimulatoerX/Scenery/Scenery.cfg

[General]

Title=FS9-Umweltszenerie

Description=FS9-Szeneriedaten

Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]

Title=Standardgelände

Texture_ID=1

Local=Scenery\World

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

[Area.002]

Title=Standardszenerie

Local=Scenery\BASE

Layer=2

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

[Area.003]

Title=0000 Basis

Local=Scenery\0000

Layer=3

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.004]

Title=0001 Basis

Local=Scenery\0001

Layer=4

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.005]

Title=0002 Basis

Local=Scenery\0002

Layer=5

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.006]

Title=0003 Basis

Local=Scenery\0003

Layer=6

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.007]

Title=0004 Basis

Local=Scenery\0004

Layer=7

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.008]

Title=0005 Basis

Local=Scenery\0005

Layer=8

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

[Area.009]

Title=0006 Basis

Local=Scenery\0006

Layer=9

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.010]

Title=0007 Basis

Local=Scenery\0007

Layer=10

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.011]

Title=0100 Basis

Local=Scenery\0100

Layer=11

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.012]

Title=0101 Basis

Local=Scenery\0101

Layer=12

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.013]

Title=0102 Basis

Local=Scenery\0102

Layer=13

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.014]

Title=0103 Basis

Local=Scenery\0103

Layer=14

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.015]

Title=0104 Basis

Local=Scenery\0104

Layer=15

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.016]

Title=0105 Basis

Local=Scenery\0105

Layer=16

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.017]

Title=0106 Basis

Local=Scenery\0106

Layer=17

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.018]

Title=0107 Basis

Local=Scenery\0107

Layer=18

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.019]

Title=0200 Basis

Local=Scenery\0200

Layer=19

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.020]

Title=0201 Basis

Local=Scenery\0201

Layer=20

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.021]

Title=0202 Basis

Local=Scenery\0202

Layer=21

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.022]

Title=0203 Basis

Local=Scenery\0203

Layer=22

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.023]

Title=0204 Basis

Local=Scenery\0204

Layer=23

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.024]

Title=0205 Basis

Local=Scenery\0205

Layer=24

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.025]

Title=0206 Basis

Local=Scenery\0206

Layer=25

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.026]

Title=0207 Basis

Local=Scenery\0207

Layer=26

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.027]

Title=0300 Basis

Local=Scenery\0300

Layer=27

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.028]

Title=0301 Basis

Local=Scenery\0301

Layer=28

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.029]

Title=0302 Basis

Local=Scenery\0302

Layer=29

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.030]

Title=0303 Basis

Local=Scenery\0303

Layer=30

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.031]

Title=0304 Basis

Local=Scenery\0304

Layer=31

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.032]

Title=0305 Basis

Local=Scenery\0305

Layer=32

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.033]

Title=0306 Basis

Local=Scenery\0306

Layer=33

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.034]

Title=0307 Basis

Local=Scenery\0307

Layer=34

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.035]

Title=0400 Basis

Local=Scenery\0400

Layer=35

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.036]

Title=0401 Basis

Local=Scenery\0401

Layer=36

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.037]

Title=0402 Basis

Local=Scenery\0402

Layer=37

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.038]

Title=0403 Basis

Local=Scenery\0403

Layer=38

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.039]

Title=0404 Basis

Local=Scenery\0404

Layer=39

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.040]

Title=0405 Basis

Local=Scenery\0405

Layer=40

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.041]

Title=0406 Basis

Local=Scenery\0406

Layer=41

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.042]

Title=0407 Basis

Local=Scenery\0407

Layer=42

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.043]

Title=0500 Basis

Local=Scenery\0500

Layer=43

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.044]

Title=0501 Basis

Local=Scenery\0501

Layer=44

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.045]

Title=0502 Basis

Local=Scenery\0502

Layer=45

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.046]

Title=0503 Basis

Local=Scenery\0503

Layer=46

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.047]

Title=0504 Basis

Local=Scenery\0504

Layer=47

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.048]

Title=0505 Basis

Local=Scenery\0505

Layer=48

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.049]

Title=0506 Basis

Local=Scenery\0506

Layer=49

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.050]

Title=0507 Basis

Local=Scenery\0507

Layer=50

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.051]

Title=0600 Basis

Local=Scenery\0600

Layer=51

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.052]

Title=0601 Basis

Local=Scenery\0601

Layer=52

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.053]

Title=0602 Basis

Local=Scenery\0602

Layer=53

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.054]

Title=0603 Basis

Local=Scenery\0603

Layer=54

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.055]

Title=0604 Basis

Local=Scenery\0604

Layer=55

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.056]

Title=0605 Basis

Local=Scenery\0605

Layer=56

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.057]

Title=0606 Basis

Local=Scenery\0606

Layer=57

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.058]

Title=0607 Basis

Local=Scenery\0607

Layer=58

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.059]

Title=0700 Basis

Local=Scenery\0700

Layer=59

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.060]

Title=0701 Basis

Local=Scenery\0701

Layer=60

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.061]

Title=0702 Basis

Local=Scenery\0702

Layer=61

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.062]

Title=0703 Basis

Local=Scenery\0703

Layer=62

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.063]

Title=0704 Basis

Local=Scenery\0704

Layer=63

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.064]

Title=0705 Basis

Local=Scenery\0705

Layer=64

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.065]

Title=0706 Basis

Local=Scenery\0706

Layer=65

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.066]

Title=0707 Basis

Local=Scenery\0707

Layer=66

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.067]

Title=0800 Basis

Local=Scenery\0800

Layer=67

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.068]

Title=0801 Basis

Local=Scenery\0801

Layer=68

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.069]

Title=0802 Basis

Local=Scenery\0802

Layer=69

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.070]

Title=0803 Basis

Local=Scenery\0803

Layer=70

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.071]

Title=0804 Basis

Local=Scenery\0804

Layer=71

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.072]

Title=0805 Basis

Local=Scenery\0805

Layer=72

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.073]

Title=0806 Basis

Local=Scenery\0806

Layer=73

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.074]

Title=0807 Basis

Local=Scenery\0807

Layer=74

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.075]

Title=0900 Basis

Local=Scenery\0900

Layer=75

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.076]

Title=0901 Basis

Local=Scenery\0901

Layer=76

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.077]

Title=0902 Basis

Local=Scenery\0902

Layer=77

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.078]

Title=0903 Basis

Local=Scenery\0903

Layer=78

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.079]

Title=0904 Basis

Local=Scenery\0904

Layer=79

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.080]

Title=0905 Basis

Local=Scenery\0905

Layer=80

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.081]

Title=0906 Basis

Local=Scenery\0906

Layer=81

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.082]

Title=0907 Basis

Local=Scenery\0907

Layer=82

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.083]

Title=1000 Basis

Local=Scenery\1000

Layer=83

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.084]

Title=1001 Basis

Local=Scenery\1001

Layer=84

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.085]

Title=1002 Basis

Local=Scenery\1002

Layer=85

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.086]

Title=1003 Basis

Local=Scenery\1003

Layer=86

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.087]

Title=1004 Basis

Local=Scenery\1004

Layer=87

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.088]

Title=1005 Basis

Local=Scenery\1005

Layer=88

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.089]

Title=1006 Basis

Local=Scenery\1006

Layer=89

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.090]

Title=1007 Basis

Local=Scenery\1007

Layer=90

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.091]

Title=1100 Basis

Local=Scenery\1100

Layer=91

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.092]

Title=1101 Basis

Local=Scenery\1101

Layer=92

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.093]

Title=1102 Basis

Local=Scenery\1102

Layer=93

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.094]

Title=1103 Basis

Local=Scenery\1103

Layer=94

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.095]

Title=1104 Basis

Local=Scenery\1104

Layer=95

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.096]

Title=1105 Basis

Local=Scenery\1105

Layer=96

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.097]

Title=1106 Basis

Local=Scenery\1106

Layer=97

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.098]

Title=1107 Basis

Local=Scenery\1107

Layer=98

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.099]

Title=Afrika

Local=Scenery\AFRI

Layer=99

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.100]

Title=Asien

Local=Scenery\ASIA

Layer=100

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.101]

Title=Australien

Local=Scenery\AUST

Layer=101

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.102]

Title=Osteuropa

Local=Scenery\EURE

Layer=102

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.103]

Title=Westeuropa

Local=Scenery\EURW

Layer=103

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.104]

Title=Nordamerika (Mitte)

Local=Scenery\NAMC

Layer=104

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.105]

Title=Nordamerika (Osten)

Local=Scenery\NAME

Layer=105

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.106]

Title=Nordamerika (Westen)

Local=Scenery\NAMW

Layer=106

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.107]

Title=Ozeanien

Local=Scenery\OCEN

Layer=107

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.108]

Title=Südamerika

Local=Scenery\SAME

Layer=108

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.109]

Title=Oshkosh-Luftaufnahme

Local=Scenery\Cities\Oshkosh

Layer=109

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.110]

Title=St. Maarten

Local=Scenery\Cities\StMaarten

Layer=110

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.111]

Title=Rio de Janeiro

Local=Scenery\Cities\Rio

• Developer

Also im <FSX>\Scenery Verzeichnis hat keine Scenery.cfg etwas zu suchen, da ist bei mir auch keine.

Ist ohnehin nur eine leere Standard Cfg, sollte man löschen.

Die richtige Datei steht unter c:\Benutzer\All User\Mircosoft\FSX (bei Win7, ist aber bei Vista glaube ich genauso)

Does this information help?

D:\Flight SimulatorX\

FSX-Version: FSX plus Service Pack 2 (10.0.61472.0)

Gibraltar X

D:\Flight SimulatorX\Aerosoft\Gibraltar X

D:\Flight SimulatorX\Effects

Vistamare

D:\Flight SimulatorX\Vistamare

ApplicationData User (FSX.cfg/dll.xml):

C:\Users\fred\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

ApplicationData All Users (Scenery.cfg):

ApplicationData Flights:

C:\Users\fred\Desktop\Documents\Flight Simulator X-Dateien\