Dutch Harbor X Install

Psybear

Install seemed to proceed uneventfully except for this. Is this just a quirk or is something amiss? Please see attached.

After launching FSX, I do see 3 missions: Dutch Harbor X - Introduction -Beginner

Aleutian Cargo Run (Dutch Harbor X) -Intermediate

Dutch Harbor X Approach -Expert

Also any suggestions for Scenery Library / cfg position? I'm assuming above UTX Alaska but just want to check.

I have your bush Hawk as well.

Best regards

post-18206-127231009785_thumb.jpg

We've not had this error before (I seem to remember it with some other addons though). Maybe a corrupt categories.xml.

Mission and everything else should still run fine - or is the installer not able to finish the job?

UTX should be below Dutch Harbor, that's right.

With the exception of the noted error message, the install went just fine.

All the missions in FSX are there but some of the mission categories are indeed missing.

I must have too much Aerosoft software as the FSCategories.xml seems to now be in German! :P Please see attached file.

*NOTE: Flew the Aleutian Cargo mission and the pop-up asked if I was leaving Chernofski before I actually got to Chernofski or the "Unload Mail" pop-up. Also the mission arrow was a ways off West from the dock. Minor things but you might want to take a look.

Dutch Harbor looks great from what I've seen so far. How a 737 lands there much less takes off is a frightening thought. Begs the question, Thorsten, when will we see a rivet vibrating Saab 340 from you or Aerosoft?

Thanks,

post-18206-127237363584_thumb.jpg

A Saab would be very nice indeed. :)

You're the first one to report the small bug in the edited cargo mission, this is on my update sheet already.

I'll attach a correct english version of the categories.xml for those who should have an errand one.

Of course that fixed my categories. Thanks Thorsten. At least it's local to my machine...I wonder how it became corrupt?

Anyway, just finished the Dutch Harbor Introduction mission and did not notice any anomalies.

You have a real sense of humor with that crosswind from the North on take off. :o

Made it back, climbed up the ramp, really nice.

I'll continue around as I get the time and report any oddities if I see any.

So how do we bribe, er, what do we have to do to get Mathijs to commission a really good Saab 340? :grouprespect_s:

We were crawling with Saab 340s in New England and the NE USA in the mid to late 90's. Seemed like at least once a week I was riding in one somewhere...that and either an ATR or Jetstream 41 from the hubs. Of course they pretty much disappeared overnight...being replaced with ERJs and CRJs.

But the Jetstream was done beautifully by PMGD and that seemed the rarer bird here...but then the developer actually flew them for a living.

I don't know any Saab pilots personally. Oh well, I guess it's just another Saab (sob) story.

The Dutch Harbor is really fun especially with real world weather. Thanks for the making it.

Some shots with the Bush Hawk:

post-18206-127245422284_thumb.jpg

post-18206-127245424195_thumb.jpg

Hello Thorsten,

Attached is a run of Airport Scanner. Are these conflicting? Should I be deleting any of these for PADU?

Also found an old article from 2007 that says:

According to a letter that PenAir President Danny Seybert sent to the Alaska Department of Transportation last month, the company plans to replace its current aircraft, the Saab 340b, with the Bombardier Q400 by 2016.

Thanks again,

post-18206-127259851797_thumb.jpg

The first and 4th file are from the addon and need to be where they are (AFD file and altitude adjustment file), the other 2 seem to be from UTX and can be disabled. If they're in the scenery world folders they need to be disabled for sure.

PADU_AP.BGL is in Scenery\UtAkCities\scenery

UTX_PADU_AP.BGL is in Scenery\World\scenery

Now to get Burkhard to include PenAir in MTX 5.3 as I don't see them in 5.2b

vielen Dank Thorsten

• Upvote 1

And the Little Mermaid is now In China! Appeasement didn't work back in...oops.

Give my love to Copenhagen...it's a long story, not suitable for mere hobbyists.

Anyway, The tail-wheel control is reversed in the VC from the crtl + whatever screen.

Also, after completing the intro flight no rewards were granted either for the main mission or for making it up the ramp both of which I've done twice now.

Best,

PenAir would certainly be nice, and I'm sure Burkhard will include it in a future release.

Rewards, erm, you should've got two of them! One after touchdown, the other on top of the ramp.

Well, that's just it. The rewards appear when one ends the flight no problem.

However, they do not appear in the stored rewards display afterward. It's a silly thing but I just wanted to point it out to you for your list.

Also, the VC of the Goose has a conflict with the tail wheel caster lock. The position switch is reversed when you press shift + 7 (?) for a close up. Don't know if that's your issue or the Goose but I'm simply pointing it out.

After posting to Burkhard there is a Penair S340 already painted, it just doesn't go to PADU. But the new version he will send it there.

I suppose if you know how to use the Traffic Editor you could send it there now...but I don't know how to do that...yet.

Anyway, are you in Iceland for the "New" volcano?

Best regards,

post-18206-127333854307_thumb.jpg

post-18206-127333856172_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the update. I've never actually read the labels for the wheel caster lock. In any case it's a default bug as we use the default Goose in this mission.

I will have another look at the rewards, they're supposed to be permanent. You sure didn't activate the option to change user settings while in a mission?

Also, after completing the intro flight no rewards were granted either for the main mission or for making it up the ramp both of which I've done twice now.

Same here. I flew the intro mission twice and taxied up the ramp both times. I only got the "Completing mission" reward in the "End mission" dialog box, nothing for the ramp. And even the one I got wasn't stored in rewards display afterwards.

By the way, I noticed two other things: first, the briefing page was liked to the briefing of the "Flightseeing Blue Mountains" assisted flight (BHXP). Then, there is no link to the Co_01.wav sound file in the .xml mission file.

I don't know if Aerosoft has the right (and I suppose you don't), but it would be VERY nice if some little bugs were corrected in the default Goose. At the moment, I only noticed the tail-wheel control error and the sound (not the RPM) of the right engine that changes to Full Power every time I change views.

FYI, the Bering Sea Wild Weather mission was pure hell but I finally made it in with the King Air intact. That is after several attempts and numerous runway crashes. No bugs or glitches that I could detect though.

Once again thanks for creating this neat little world. Now to the hotel bar to relax my knuckles. :rolleyes:

post-18206-127381774873_thumb.jpg

post-18206-127381777738_thumb.jpg

It was on past weekend on " Deadliest Catch " as they were leaving the harbor they showed the town and you guys did a great job! When they zoomed around it you saw the harbor and the church.

I quick-jumped to this post and on first glimpse actually wanted to write "nice scenery". :lol:

Burkhard is just great, again MyTraffic does a perfect job even on the remotest places of the world.

Ok, this is indeed a problem we have to fix. I think I can give you a small update next week.

Hi Thorsten!

Are there any news about the patch?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...