No response from aircracft when trying to move ailerons or elevator

SF22

I am not able to help you here (Björn or Steve will be able to) maybe. But I don't understand your attitude. For example you cannot buy a car, put no fuel in it and say "well, I just wanna drive - without taking required steps to make it happen". Its really not a big deal and even the majority of the users don't have any problems to get the bird to fly without any special preperations. Same goes for me - all I did was install the latest FSUIPC and it works... sometimes, when you load the aircraft, the control surfaces are dead for 1 or 2 seconds but then it works.

Hello! For spinker:

I don´t know what problem you are facing, but if you install the plane with the requirements for it (Which is only the new fsuipc), them you are ready to take off with notthing else needed. Just read the manual, all the steps to take off is there. If you´re not in the mood to read it, here is a tip: Go to 2d panel, click on "SET-UP" in the left part of the panel. There you should see an option to select the panel state to fly. If you select the "Ready to take off" option, all the hidraulics will be working and the rest of the systemns too. So, you will not need to set any system. Them, all you need to do, is .... fly. :lol:

Regarding your question about version 1.01, you just need to redownload the installer, which you can find jn the "Your Account" area. I suggest that you install this version.

Hello Flaviosa,

Thank you for your reply.

I am using recently downloaded and installed registered FSUIPC ver.4.587, is this the correct version?

Since I always fly in virtual cockpit mode and the aircraft starts in virtual cockpit mode there was no need for me to change to 2d cockpit mode where the setup choices are located. If it was necessary to use these setup functions then why was the aircraft startup in virtual cockpit? Seems to me a bit misleading for someone who just wants to fly.

I have re-downloaded the product from “your account area” although it only said version (Download) not version 1.01 so I am not sure if this is the upgrade version.

I recently downloaded a update of a Aerosoft scenery file which I got from facts/updates in the Aerosoft support/service directory. I tried to see if version 1.01 was there, it was not.

So right now I am not sure that I have downloaded version 1.01

I can only see the first two lines on the Panel States screen.

COLD AND DARK and READY FOR PUSH & START are both high lighted.

READY FOR TAXI and READY FOR DEPARTURE are both dim

In one of the threads I read it says .” If I start the engines the two last lines are high lighted”

But I cant start the engines, my joystick is setup to start engines it works on all my other aircraft except this one.

I am sorry that I sound a little bitchy but In have spent the last 3 days trying to fly this aircraft following manuals and threads on this forum before I contacted this site.

I hope you will forgive my attitude as it has been extremely frustrating.

Presently I have over 400 aircraft listed in sim objects some from aerosoft, some from other payware and some from freeware. Every aircraft was immediately flyable as soon as it was installed.

I am not a novice at flight simulator I just don’t want to be a pilot (using all these controls to fly). Its great if I should choose at a later date to use these functions but right now I just want to fly the aircraft.

Larry

Hello! For spinker:

I don´t know what problem you are facing, but if you install the plane with the requirements for it (Which is only the new fsuipc), them you are ready to take off with notthing else needed. Just read the manual, all the steps to take off is there. If you´re not in the mood to read it, here is a tip: Go to 2d panel, click on "SET-UP" in the left part of the panel. There you should see an option to select the panel state to fly. If you select the "Ready to take off" option, all the hidraulics will be working and the rest of the systemns too. So, you will not need to set any system. Them, all you need to do, is .... fly. :lol:

Regarding your question about version 1.01, you just need to redownload the installer, which you can find jn the "Your Account" area. I suggest that you install this version.

I have checked the recent download and it is version 1.01, After uninstalling original and re-installing 1.01 no change in anything, still no fly

Larry

Strange indeed. I just tested it here and every option in the setup windows is available to me. Do you have any custom config to your joystick or for fsuipc? Another guy from a another forum said that all his problems went away after he deleted the "fsuipc.ini" file in the "modules" folder and made fsuipc recreate a new one. It can be done, by unistalling fsuipc and reinstalling the version 4.57. After that, just copy the files that came with ver.4.587 and you will be good. Can you do that? But before doing that, backup it please!!!

If it doesn´t work, can you do a complete start of the plane following all the steps (energy, hydraulics, etc)? I know you dont like it, it´s just for a test.

Let´s work out this! This airplane is very good! Don´t give up from it!!! :lol:

Strange indeed. I just tested it here and every option in the setup windows is available to me. Do you have any custom config to your joystick or for fsuipc? Another guy from a another forum said that all his problems went away after he deleted the "fsuipc.ini" file in the "modules" folder and made fsuipc recreate a new one. It can be done, by unistalling fsuipc and reinstalling the version 4.57. After that, just copy the files that came with ver.4.587 and you will be good. Can you do that? But before doing that, backup it please!!!

If it doesn´t work, can you do a complete start of the plane following all the steps (energy, hydraulics, etc)? I know you dont like it, it´s just for a test.

Let´s work out this! This airplane is very good! Don´t give up from it!!! :lol:

Hello Flaviosa.

The aircraft graphics on this aircraft are fabulous I am so anxious to get this aircraft in the air, especially the DHL aircraft since my son in law was an aircraft mechanic for DHL servicing DC9s in Burlignton Vermont.so I will keep tring

Hi,

Let me start by saying that options 3 and 4 are indeed not active when the engines are off, we can't magicaly turn engines on in FSX so...

That being said, engine start using default FSX command will most likely not work either as we don't use the default FSX engine start system, but if you try to do it and you see N2 increasing at least make sure you turn on the fuel switches on the throttle panel => no fuel = no start ;)

Can you confirm where things go wrong ? Do you see spool up just no light up or is nothing happening at all ?

Björn

Hello Faviossa,

I have tried to follow the instructions in the quick start manual, But it seens so involved I cannot follow the directions there are references to items I cannot even find .There are too many steps to this whole startup of this aircraft (there are even 2 manuals "Qiuck Start" and "Tutorial Flight") This is just too confusing for me. Obviously there is something in my FSX setup or a flaw in the program that is not allowing me to fly this aircraft. I have really spent too much time trying to get this to work.

I appreciate your enthusiatic approach to trying to help me get this working but for now I will just consider it for me a waste of $45.00 unless I could approach Aerosoft for a credit towards another one of their products. In checking my account with Aerosoft I have purchased 47 products from them on an average of $35.00 each that comes to $1,645.00 in purchases so maybe someone will read this and cosider me a valuable customer.

For now I will just delete the aircraft. I will keep the original purchase file in case Aerosoft does a patch that allows you to do a quick start without going thru this maze of startup procedures.

Thanks again for your interest in trying to help me.

Larry

In case somone wants to reach me my email address is "nine-lives@comcast.net"

Hello Faviossa,

I have tried to follow the instructions in the quick start manual, But it seens so involved I cannot follow the directions there are references to items I cannot even find .There are too many steps to this whole startup of this aircraft (there are even 2 manuals "Qiuck Start" and "Tutorial Flight") This is just too confusing for me. Obviously there is something in my FSX setup or a flaw in the program that is not allowing me to fly this aircraft. I have really spent too much time trying to get this to work.

I appreciate your enthusiatic approach to trying to help me get this working but for now I will just consider it for me a waste of $45.00 unless I could approach Aerosoft for a credit towards another one of their products. In checking my account with Aerosoft I have purchased 47 products from them on an average of $35.00 each that comes to $1,645.00 in purchases so maybe someone will read this and cosider me a valuable customer.

For now I will just delete the aircraft. I will keep the original purchase file in case Aerosoft does a patch that allows you to do a quick start without going thru this maze of startup procedures.

Thanks again for your interest in trying to help me.

Larry

In case somone wants to reach me my email address is "nine-lives@comcast.net"

Hi Larry,

I am sorry I have been away for a few days and unable to access these forums and help you progress further with the A300.

The A300 does require you to use the 2D panel at stages so I can help you get the aircraft ready to fly with the engines running. If it seems a bit daunting I can try and help you getting things going by working through the stages needed to start enjoying the A300. I understand you are frustated but with a bit of effort it can be a really rewarding experience.

If you are interested let me know and I can try and create a simplied guide for you to get the aircraft at a ready for take off.

Take care

Hi again,

First of all, I'm sorry if you don't feel the product is working for you, but it should and if you are still open for it then I'll try to help.

- The most common reason why the aircraft acts up is using an old version of FSUIPC. I know you have installed 4.587 but are you sure that's the one that FSX is using ? To check open FSX, click on the "Add-on" menu and open the "FSUIC" option. This will open the FSUIPC dialog box and there you can see the currnet version of FSUIPC you are using.

==> Pete Doswon has created an interim installer with the latest version of FSUIPC in it and you can download it from the forum (first topic)

- When you have the correct version of FSUIPC then starting up engines can be done in 3 steps !

1. In the "Set-up panel" go to the "Panel states" page and select "Ready for push and start", the panel will now be set up so that all the switches are in the correct position for engine start, the APU is running. See below how to open the Set-up panel...

settings.jpg

2. On the overhead panel (opened by clicking Shift-5) click on the Engine 1 start button, this is the yellowish button button next to the big rotary switch on the overhead panel (middle of the panel => painted them blue on the screenshot from the manual below, don't look at the position of the switches ;))

Starter.jpg

3. Open the throttle panel (Shift-6) and switch on the fuel button (blue square around it)

fuel_switch.jpg

Repeat steps 2 and 3 for Engine 2, you may even switch on the fuel for both engines at the same time to save you another step

Hi again,

First of all, I'm sorry if you don't feel the product is working for you, but it should and if you are still open for it then I'll try to help.

- The most common reason why the aircraft acts up is using an old version of FSUIPC. I know you have installed 4.587 but are you sure that's the one that FSX is using ? To check open FSX, click on the "Add-on" menu and open the "FSUIC" option. This will open the FSUIPC dialog box and there you can see the currnet version of FSUIPC you are using.

==> Pete Doswon has created an interim installer with the latest version of FSUIPC in it and you can download it from the forum (first topic)

- When you have the correct version of FSUIPC then starting up engines can be done in 3 steps !

1. In the "Set-up panel" go to the "Panel states" page and select "Ready for push and start", the panel will now be set up so that all the switches are in the correct position for engine start, the APU is running. See below how to open the Set-up panel...

settings.jpg

2. On the overhead panel (opened by clicking Shift-5) click on the Engine 1 start button, this is the yellowish button button next to the big rotary switch on the overhead panel (middle of the panel => painted them blue on the screenshot from the manual below, don't look at the position of the switches ;))

Starter.jpg

3. Open the throttle panel (Shift-6) and switch on the fuel button (blue square around it)

fuel_switch.jpg

Repeat steps 2 and 3 for Engine 2, you may even switch on the fuel for both engines at the same time to save you another step

Hello Bjorn,

I was ready to delete the A300 files but I thouught I would try your instructions first and everything started. I was able to fly this aircraft and it was a beautiful flight. The price of this aircraft was well woth it and if I choose to study the manuals further and really experience the full effect of flying this airplane at least while Iam learning I can still enjoy the aircraft.

Thank you so much for your simple approach to getting started.

Larry

Hello Bjorn,

I was ready to delete the A300 files but I thouught I would try your instructions first and everything started. I was able to fly this aircraft and it was a beautiful flight. The price of this aircraft was well woth it and if I choose to study the manuals further and really experience the full effect of flying this airplane at least while Iam learning I can still enjoy the aircraft.

Thank you so much for your simple approach to getting started.

Larry

Hi Larry,

Putting a bit of effort with the A300 will make your experience a lot more rewarding, but watch out you can get hooked on this great aircraft.

I am delighted you got airborne biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I had this problem too. I did not install FSUIPC 4.57. However, I did find the solution on the hydraulics panel.

In the center of the panel are 4 toggle switches with horseshoe shaped locks on them. Click the buttons under them which are numbered 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Then click the toggles to throw them into the "on" position.

In the center are 2 "Elec Pumps" switches. Turn them on also.

At the top are 2 "PWR TRASNF" switches. Turn those on also. Watch your gauges and you'll see the three pressure ratings rise to 3. Walla, you now have hydraulic power to all control surfaces.

I had to work this oout as I had zero rudder capability and could not turn the aircraft on the taxiway. Kept me awake half the night but I've got it now.