ELLX minor issue.

TJC

Hi all.

Been looking at the FS9 version of ELLX since it was announced, and got it last week as soon as it was released.

One of my favourite pastimes is modifying AFCAD's to suit my traffic setup.

Whenever I do this, I always create a new file from the default AFCAD, but for some reason when I try this with ELLX, there is no default file to be found.

Is it possible during installation of the Aerosoft ELLX that the default AFCAD was deleted?

See screenshot below foe ADE fault warning.

Thanks for any idea's or help.

btw; are we getting close on a file or program to remove the static Aircraft?

Nothing wrong with them, just my AI Cargo ops are needing the extra 2 spaces at teh cargo terminal.

post-7725-126487286054_thumb.jpg

Hey Tom,

You must have missed that thread:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=31721

Although Christoph said that an update is in the work, you could always give it a try in the meanwhile.

As for the AFCAD, I personnaly used the good'ol Lee Swordy's editor, rather than ADE, and I was able to do what I needed - added the parking spots

without any problems. The defaut ELLX was definitely there, the installer dont remove the defaut.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all.

Got the update last night and installed.

Unfortubately work has kept me away from checking it in FS9 so far.

Got a few mins tonight to check out what I mentioned in the initial post here though.

The FS9 default AFCAD for ELLX in FS9/Scenery/Eurw/Scenery should be named named AP949140.BGL, but since instaling this scenery it's now named AP949140.off, and there is a new file next to it in the same folder called AP949140_ELLX.BGL.

I don't understand why this would be, as the AF2 installed with the scenery would automatically overwrite the default file.

Is there a reason this was remnamed to .off?

Also since the update, the new afcad file has changed from AF2_ELLX.bgl to AF2_ELLXa.bgl, with another file in the same folder named AF2_ELLX.cr.

Can someone please explain the new designations and what they accomplish, or are trying to accomplish.

The two versions of the afcad file are for parking with and without static aircraft (not at my FS PC at the moment so I can't check which is which). Also I vaguely recall reading somewhere that there was a change in the airport elevation from the default, which was why a replacement to the AP file was required. Should be easy enough for you to check anyway.

Hope that's of some help.

Matthew

Hi Tom

I had customer wishes that you can deactivate static planes.

For this reason I added to more parking spaces.

The situation without static planes is the file.AF2_ELLXa.bgl

But please use the configuration tool to change the filenames!