EIDW problem

srcooke

Currently for me AES is not working for EIDW FS9.

I have removed and reinstalled the EIDW scenery with the current website version. Having activated the scenery in FS the default gates appear fine.

Downloaded and re-applied AES 2.05 which lists the EIDW scenery without problem. Activated EIDW within AESHELP and on loading FS there are no gates and the AES system is not active.

Currently for me AES is not working for EIDW FS9.

I have removed and reinstalled the EIDW scenery with the current website version. Having activated the scenery in FS the default gates appear fine.

Downloaded and re-applied AES 2.05 which lists the EIDW scenery without problem. Activated EIDW within AESHELP and on loading FS there are no gates and the AES system is not active.

Yes, I have the same problem :blink:

please try to press the "Resync" Button below the Airportlist.

Have tried the resync option yet the problem remains.

For your info a file named 'AES-EIDW_AL_Apron.bgl' has installed to the EIDW/SCENERY folder.

• Developer

Have tried the resync option yet the problem remains.

For your info a file named 'AES-EIDW_AL_Apron.bgl' has installed to the EIDW/SCENERY folder.

No, this file is called AF2-EIDW_AL_Apron.BGL and is part of the scenery. Can you check if a AES-EIDW-LIB.BGL is there?

No, this file is called AF2-EIDW_AL_Apron.BGL and is part of the scenery. Can you check if a AES-EIDW-LIB.BGL is there?

My apologies Oliver, that is the name of file I should have posted, yes it is placed in the EIDW/SCENERY folder.

Then I have no idea for the moment, when AES works at other airports AES is above the scenery in the Library.

OK thanks Oliver, think I've tried all permutations I can. AES is working fine at several other installed sceneries.

Then I have no idea for the moment, when AES works at other airports AES is above the scenery in the Library.

I redownloaded the scenery, did a complete uninstall and reinstall. Started FS9 making sure it shows in scenery cfg. Started AES and now it shows up in the AES libery.

Bill M

I redownloaded the scenery, did a complete uninstall and reinstall. Started FS9 making sure it shows in scenery cfg. Started AES and now it shows up in the AES libery.

Bill M

Thanks Bill,

I have done exactly the same as you, EIDW appears in the AES list and credits assigned, AES just not active within FS at EIDW :-(

Oliver,

Just to clarify that EFHK 1.6 and LSZH 0.9 are working fine with my AES 2.05 install.

• Developer

Thanks Bill,

I have done exactly the same as you, EIDW appears in the AES list and credits assigned, AES just not active within FS at EIDW :-(

Oliver,

Just to clarify that EFHK 1.6 and LSZH 0.9 are working fine with my AES 2.05 install.

Ok, when you say "its not active there", did you check if the AES window will open, when you are on ground? Maybe only the objects are to displayed at the correct "altitude".

Ok, when you say "its not active there", did you check if the AES window will open, when you are on ground? Maybe only the objects are to displayed at the correct "altitude".

The AES window will not open Oliver.

Thanks for the suggestion Jeroen, I searched and checked for that earlier today following Oliver's thinking on altitude.

From the Eiresim forum some users including myself have a texture problem apparently linked to the EIDW AFCAD. Could the problem lay there?

This sounds very much like the problem I had ( have) with LFRB to which there was no answer. Works ok on a number of airports but not LFRB.I am therefore very interested to look at other options. How would duplicate AFCADS create the problem and how should this be remidied please?

Regards

Madair

There's an afcad on avsim for EIDW. I'm using it and AES is activated at airport.

Bill M

Thanks Bill,

I've tried the available AFCADS on Avsim, unfortunately non have resolved the AES problem. For now I have disabled AES at EIDW so the default gates are restored.

• Developer

Thanks Bill,

I've tried the available AFCADS on Avsim, unfortunately non have resolved the AES problem. For now I have disabled AES at EIDW so the default gates are restored.

Only a small Idea: Did you use Autogen = Null (off)?

Thats where the problem lay Oliver. I had Autogen 'off', setting it to 'normal' activates AES and brings up the gates :-).

Next question is why this only happened at EIDW?

Thanks

• Developer

There seams to be a "FS internal" Optimation routine, which generate a problem with some objects, when Autogen = NULL. You can set Autogen to spare and all is fine. We are not have understand all of this yet, but we will see how we can solve it.

But at the moment, you should keep Autogen ON (minimum Spare). This is a effect, that not only is AES related, it effects also other scenery product.

Oliver

I am pleased to tell you that the autogen problem you describe has resolved the same issue with LFRB which now has AES working perfectly.Thankyou.

Regards

Madair