Repainters Required, Prizes to be won.

Shaun Fletcher

You couldn't be more correct Shaun!

The entries so far are outstanding, and there are still 10 days left for people to submit designs.

I want to thank the repainters for their hard work and Shaun and Aerosoft for supplying the "carrots" that helped motivate all of the artists.

Can't wait to see what designs come in next!

Best, Danton

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am almost embarrassed to publish my effort here after seeing everyone elses paints. Especially as I seem to have come up with an almost identical scheme to someone else...

Oh well, here goes.

Cheers

Paul

post-27786-125612777592_thumb.jpg

post-27786-12561277956_thumb.jpg

post-27786-125612781605_thumb.jpg

post-27786-125612782891_thumb.jpg

Am almost embarrassed to publish my effort here after seeing everyone elses paints. Especially as I seem to have come up with an almost identical scheme to someone else...

Oh well, here goes.

Cheers

Paul

Don't be - I think it's certainly as good as what I did. The most importanbt thing is that you like what you did. If you think it could have been better, than make it better, but if you are happy with what you did, then there's no problem in my view. I'm happy with the paint I made for example, even though I'm quite sure it won't win anything here besides the free download product everybody gets.

Don't be - I think it's certainly as good as what I did. The most importanbt thing is that you like what you did. If you think it could have been better, than make it better, but if you are happy with what you did, then there's no problem in my view. I'm happy with the paint I made for example, even though I'm quite sure it won't win anything here besides the free download product everybody gets.

Your work is just fine, it is the pride and yes, the effort that. you should look at when you see your work. It may be better than others or may not be quite as good, but always remember, it is YOUR effort, YOUR time and YOUR sense of accomplishment that counts in what you have created, not whether it is better, or worse than someone else's, for we have all gone down that road. to create what we do. Keep up the good work and keep at it, you have talent..........

Your work is just fine, it is the pride and yes, the effort that. you should look at when you see your work. It may be better than others or may not be quite as good, but always remember, it is YOUR effort, YOUR time and YOUR sense of accomplishment that counts in what you have created, not whether it is better, or worse than someone else's, for we have all gone down that road. to create what we do. Keep up the good work and keep at it, you have talent..........

Couldn't have said it any better!

the most important thing is that you like your repaint, and that you would be willing to fly that aircraft in your colours.

that's the way I think about all my repaints, and indeed all repaints anybody makes.

Excellent work Redeye!! I was a first timer too! It was nice just learning something new..

My FS was tired of restarting over and over again to check the paint revisions. Reloading the scenery didn't always work out...

Bman.

I wonder why I missed this? Oh yes - Carenado and Mooney. That's why. I don't have, need or want this plane.

But what I am seeing here folks is some excellent competition. There is some imaginative use of both the required logos and of the way the colours are applied. Especially when I think that you are also having to work around a Carenado paintkit. That makes your efforts all the more praiseworthy.

Really well done guys!

I just flew by this morning after some months of absence, and Lord and behold there's a contest and I nearly missed it...or maybe it is too late already. And the other entries are damned good, so I aint hoping too much in regards to fame or fortune

Anyhow, I started this, a bit conservative but at the same time it's not. The "tribal took me nearly 5 hours and is made from scratch, handpainted!

Edit: A update, I just changed all the pics with new updated ones + I made 2 additional support planes, one navy blue with just the "support" writings for longhaul companions and reg. N66SP, and a green (yuk!) one for local supporters to come and greet during the trip. Green make's 'em easy to spot lol. And it got the lettering "local support" and reg nr N66LS

All three in a group shot

Contest_01-1.jpg

Main bird

Contest_04-1.jpg

Tail shot of the support version

Contest_06-1.jpg

And for the local supporter

Contest_08.jpg

I am no screenshot artist he he, so dont flame me for these poor screenshots, and I wont bog down this thread with too many pics, if you wanna see more just holler :D

Scarp,

Like the tribal graphics....and that is some shiny tail!!

Yeah, gotta have some BLING you know :D

Of course, it is optional too, but thank you for the nice comment, I appreciate that :)

Yeah, gotta have some BLING you know :D

Of course, it is optional too, but thank you for the nice comment, I appreciate that :)

Scarp - re twotter repaint.

Welcome back , any chance you will revisit the "Air West" texture you began sometime ago ?

Cheers

Aircanuck :D

Shaun,

I would like to thank you for the time you spent monitoring this forum, I have to guess that this was added work in your otherwise busy day. I would also like to thank Aerosoft for supporting this contest, even though the finished product is not an Aerosoft product.

I would also like to thank them for the rewards that will be given to all the people whom have submited their work for all to see. There were some great looking aircraft from everyone, win or lose, I had a great time entering my first ever repaint contest and enjoyed it.

Good luck to everyone, for we are all winners no matter what....

Earl G.

Thanks Shaun! And I agree with Earl: you won if you enjoyed what you did and are happy with the result. I know that's true for me, and I too would like to thank fsBreak.net and Aerosoft for the work that got into this contest.

Hello Folks,

Thanks for the kind words, I am at the moment seeing if Danton has decided on a winner.

As soon as this is announced then I will send all entrants an e-mail on how to proceed.

I must say that its going to be hard for him :) sooner him than me thats got to pick a winner.

I think the winner is going to be announced on the next podcast, Wend the 11th Nov.

I hope they email the winner, I dont use Podcast..unsure.gif , that dosent imply I'm going to win though, blink.gif