Blurry bricks at Bremen

ightenhill

Some of the textures at Bremem seem to be a bit rough around the edges and unsharp, especially things like the brick walls of the terminals.. Its like either a level of detail is missing or its just a really bad resolution or the texture size is incorrect for the wall, is it suppose to be so blurry..

fsx2009-09-0212-35-32-98.jpg

just noticed it looks like this in your own shots.. This doesn't look right and spoils an otherwise excellent add on , surely we can do better than this..

ga3bremen_26.jpg

• Verified Developer

What on earth has seeing the real terminals walls got to do with anything.. I dont need to see it to know the texture is out of focus!!

And what use is a picture thats focused on a plane at about f8 so the wall I am talking about is out of focus??

I beleive I asked a quite valid question about the texture and would prefer questions answered rather than dismissed so childishly in future especially after spending quite a large amount of money over the years on this site..

Looking again It does appear that a texture has been chosen that looks fine only from about 70+ or so yds out but is to rough to stand up to any detail as you get nearer.. A pity as it is such a key part of the lovely structure..

In fact the more I look at the real thing now I wonder if the whole brick work would be better if it was simply a darker shade of brown.. Perhaps its just my Spyder calibration..

fsx2009-09-0214-47-41-31.jpg

fsx2009-09-0214-47-53-39.jpg

fsx2009-09-0214-50-36-62.jpg

Hello ightenhill,

I believe what Oliver was trying to point out that its a very good likeness to the real thing.

As you already know its not the real thing in the game, but the textures for that building seem to come from photographs, which have to be resized to a lot smaller dimension therefore losing detail in the process, if however hey were kept to a size that was very detailed then I would hazard a guess it would start putting a strain on the hardware and make the game unplayable. Its all about compromise in this game.