July's Screenshot Competition.

Despite all the terrifying screenshots, I wish everyone nice holidays cool.gif. And above all safe trips, either to your summer destinations or back home...

Good luck to everyone concerning the competition... smile.gif I'm off for my holidays!

All the best,

Marco

Here's my entry ;D

The A330 was on its way from Charles De Gaulle/France to Saint Maarten/Netherlands Antilles when it experienced some engine trouble just south of The United Kingdom. The left engine was having a complete failure when the pilots decided to stick for Heathrow for the emergency landing. The pilots were guided in by the controllers for 09R but just around 100ft above the ground the engine hit fire but the pilots decide to still go for the landing... And then they got the big bird down safely and get the fire out with the help of a little water;)

a330emergencylandingegl.th.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

While delivering a shipment of bananas from Dominica (banana capital of the Caribbean)to to Capjaluka Hotel in Anguilla my fuel line broke. While I was unable to extinguish the fire I elected to bypass St. Barths (which is where the engine ignited) and try to make St. Martin (I am going to loose the engine anyway). I have also decided that I am going to push the engine to try and get as close as possible to the end of runway 27, the engine is sputtering and loosing power. With a 1200 fpm descent it is gonna be close.

Good luck to all participants, and it is good to have the forum back.

Global Sentinel Press

Friday July 31, 2468

Approximately 40 speclas off the coast of Guleib, trillionaire aviation/aeronautics collector and expert pilot, Deelian Andrometer, was rescued yesterday from certain death. Andrometer had flown from the northern region of Rowethia, and was flying in a recently refurbished antique F-16 jet fighter, when an unidentified computer problem emerged. He says that he thought for sure that he was going to die because the very old ejection mechanism had long since been de-activated for safety reasons. But he issued a call for help anyway, on the off chance that someone could rescue him. The premier Galactica Battlestar fleet had just re-entered Earth's air-space approximately 2 hours prior to the mayday call and was very quickly contacted to aid in the rescue. Within 3 minutes of Andrometer's mayday call, a tractor beam was centered on the almost 300 year old F-16 and was pulling him in.

There was a 3 hour delay however when General Slavak, the commanding officer of the fleet, received word that the F-16 appeared to be armed. Andrometer assured the general that the armament was safely de-activated and completely for show, but due to rigorous safety policies and military protocol, it took officials several hours to approve the final emergency docking. The F-16, built in the late twentieth century, was kept at a safe distance from the docking bay with full shields up, until safety was assured.

Andrometer was not upset by the delay and expressed his heartfelt gratitude to General Slavak and his crew for saving his life. Andrometer, now 231 years old, says "that will be the last time I fly. I am too old for this."

Andrometer's F-16 frozen in traction during the 3 hour security delay –

Photo taken by Marinda Varg

24dq7mw.jpg

Hello Folks,

The winners for the July Screenshot competition are..

Soya with:

Soya.jpg

Also Chucky with:

Chucky.jpg

Folks I was also very impressed with this from FlyingHomer so will award an extra prize for this shot to.

FlyingHomer.jpg

Well done to you guys an e-mail will be with you soon.

Many thanks to all those who took part again, some really nice shots.

Wow... I don't know what to say, I got the email late last night and I must say, it is a wonderful surprise. Thank you Shaun for choosing my shot as one of the winners, it cannot be easy judging these monthly competitions as there are so many great entries. Well done to the other winners, well deserved, and great work to everyone that managed to make an entry this month, I thought there were many excellent entries.

So thank you again and I hope to see you all in next month's competition, get yer finger out folks, let's give it our best...

Cheers.