FSHost - - SOAR! in FS2004/FSX

sf4JC

Hello everyone, I set up a somewhat temporary server on FSHost. You can find it and connect I think with the program FSHostSpy. It is titled, "SOAR! - FS2004/FSX - Temporary". If anyone has trouble getting on, please let me know. I know I can get on with the other computer, but it's on a router and can be deceiving at times. I haven't got TeamSpeak2 setup yet without a password, so you will definately not be able to use it yet.

Also with FSHost, there may be a problem with the 23458 address thingy (sorry for the lack of terminology, if I even spelled that right) and others being able to connect if someone doesn't have 23456 to 23458 set up right on there firewall. I remember seeing some problems with multiple copies/servers on one computer, but I cannot seem to find it at the present time.

If you can get in, please let me know also. It will be nice to know if it works outside of my router.

sf4JC

Me neither at Fri, 9 PM Z. Maybe too early? I could find the machine, though. I could log on to other sessions positively.

regards,

Peter

PS: Frequently I look at the free 24/7 FSD (FSINN) server of www.mcdu.com. It has teamspeak, too.

Thanks guys, I think I'll change the servers address to 23456, then maybe you will be able to see it. Anyway, I hope it works. I'll try to get on it again and see, but I'll still need someone to try to get in from the outside. Also, I noticed that you cannot get to the session from FSHostSpy, but if you double click it, it saves the address so you can enter it into FSHostClient. I'll find out later if this works also with connecting with FSHost.

Thanks for the help,

sf4JC

Okay, I'm going to see if I can have the server running for the next 48-72 hours from about 7:30am Central Time this morning, so that maybe someone can try again if they could please. I went ahead and changed the server's port address to the default 23456 that both FS2004 and FSX use to comunicate back and forth between individuals. And also, can someone try to connect to Teamspeak as well? You may have to do a search in the connection menu of TeamSpeak for '3n1 Racing', but I think you should still get there by entering the 12.208.254.248:8767 address.

Me neither at Fri, 9 PM Z. Maybe too early? I could find the machine, though. I could log on to other sessions positively.

regards,

Peter

PS: Frequently I look at the free 24/7 FSD (FSINN) server of www.mcdu.com. It has teamspeak, too.

Peter, did you mean that you could see the sessions for my computer, or did you mean you found the program FSHostSpy? There could be up to 3 sessions showing up for that address if I have them all running at the time.

sf4JC

Peter, did you mean that you could see the sessions for my computer, or did you mean you found the program FSHostSpy? There could be up to 3 sessions showing up for that address if I have them all running at the time.

Still no luck. I see the server in FSHostSpy list, I can ping it, but I don't see any sessions in the FSCLient connection box. Consequently I have nothing to connect.

Teamspeak is fine.

best regards,

Peter

PS: What concerns me about FSHost is the recommendation to turn off the firewall.

I'll try to look up the problem in the FAQ or Help section at their site tomarrow morning when I get a chance, but in the mean time, I'm going to turn the other two off in case that's the problem. Thanks for the update Peter! I'll get it figured out one way or another.

sf4JC

Welp, I found out Windows Firewall needs to be disabled for people to get in with FSHost. So I'm going to load up my internet securities antivirus program to have a firewall that way. So for now, my FSHost servers are down. But I'll let everyone know when it's back up.

Thanks for your patience in this matter.

sf4JC

Hey guys, I believe I got my FSHost servers back up, I also created 2 more TeamSpeak servers so that the different sessions wouldn't talk over each other. So this TeamSpeak server is now at 12.208.254.248:8769.

Hope everyone can get in this time, I'll try to keep it open a few more 24 hour days.

sf4JC

So was TeamSpeak still accessible Peter? Maybe I entered one of the numbers wrong in the security firewall. I'll be doing some checking I guess.

sf4JC

Good news for the TeamSpeak server, but sounds like one step back for FSHost. Not Good! Okay, I think I'll spend some time at their message board to see if others have that problem. So for now, I'll turn both off until I get some answers. I'll let you all know when they are back up.

sf4JC

Okay, it's back up again, HOPEFULLY!! I ran some tests with a couple script programs, and the result is is that there is communication. I had to really change my port forwarding for my router to go with the FSHost computer. So now, I'm not sure if I will be able to get on with the main computer. There is just not enough port forward input lines to add also my main computer.

Any suggestions? Or maybe I will just have to see if I can connect since it seems like the router let's me communicate when everybody else cannot. It's worth a shot anyway.

sf4JC

Hi Scott,

seems to work now. For the fun of it shot up a second instance of Fsclient and connected it to the server, too. In fact this leads to two other AI planes in the one FSX instance, being the first and the second login account.

What I'm not fully sure about is, if I still have to forward ports to my machine if I run FSX only. For now it seems to be sufficient to let FSClient establish the connection.

Though it might happen, that FS9 instances try to connect directly to directplay ports or other ports than the 23456 on my machine. In this case these instances would fail to connect because they cannot get through the firewall. Apparently a session appears blocked to new users if the last user connected with FS9 and insufficient firewall configuration. What I don't know is, if this holds true also for FSX. Perhaps we should do a test.

Cheers,

Peter

post-176-1197141438.jpg

Thanks Peter, glad to hear it's working for others, I noticed the FSHost server had 2 other people join, but they exited within a minute. Now we'll just have to see if it works if I am the first one on since my router is not set up for the main FSX/FS2004 computer.

Also a note for Don, if you read this, is it possible to move this back over to the original thread?

sf4JC

EDIT: I forgot to mention, NICE Picture Peter!

Peter, again I want to thank you for the reply that you got on successfully in the other thread. I forgot also to mention a possible time that I may be on. The server may have had a problem connecting this morning for a while from the looks of the reports it puts out. But I think I got that taken care of.

I'm going to try to be on at 2:00pm Central Time this afternoon, so if anyone is on at around that time, please exit the session and get back in a few minutes later. This way I know that I may or may not need the routers ports forwarded for my main computer. If you cannot get back on between 2:00-3:00pm, please come back and get on between 3:00-4:00pm. I will be waiting around for someone to show up between that time, and will try to enter to see if others can see me.

I realize that there is a chance that no one will show up with the late invitation, but it's the best I could do for today, so if you cannot make it, it's okay. I hope not to have many interruptions in the mean time.

sf4JC

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it may be possible to talk to me over TeamSpeak at that time if you cannot get on FSHost.

Sorry guys, this time slot isn't going to work out for me anymore. Things are getting in the way. I will try to get on throughout the day possibly.

Again, I'm sorry. This is very disappointing when it is on my side that I cannot even show up for my own invitation.

sf4JC

• 2 weeks later...

Peter, even though my time was cut short yesterday, I was really happy to see my laptop and FS2004 able to connect with your FSX. Meanwhile, your DG808 showed up as the custom painted Duo Discus X I was flying. You made a comment about my glider while flying but I didn't ask what you meant. I suspect the error was possibly because of my custom paint job, but not sure.

Hope I can catch someone online again sometime, but this time while I am on my main computer and FSX.

Scott

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the script file I downloaded will probably need the bgl file that would be produced with ccs2004 so as to use it with FS2004.

Just wanted to let everyone know, my FSHost server will be down after tomarrow night until sometime before the new year. I will put it back up as soon as I can.

Don, what kind of internet connection do you have? I think I had read somewhere that you had participated at one time in multiplayer in FS2002 or FS2004, but I don't know where I read it at. Anyway, I thought I may have a better chance at catching you online (if you can) than anyone else. Every once in a while I'll see Funky online, but rarely have a chance to enter the session. And when I do enter the session, I'm usually on my laptop and FS2004 and he is in FSX. The planes don't always match up, but it may be a matter of updating my FS2004 glider since it's labeled differently in FS2004 than in FSX.

And if anyone else wants to use the server, you are still more than welcome to, but it will be sometime between Christmas and New Years before the server gets back up after tomarrow night.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...
Getting onto the server fine now- see FS2004 post. Cheers

Thanks Jim451, and thanks for using the server as much as you did yesterday. I was going over the pilot logs to see if anyone had been on and noticed you had been on a few times, one time even with another person. I haven't looked at the SOAR membership listings to see if he/she was a past/present member or not though to see if they were interested in joining SOAR. But one doesn't have to be a member to soar on the server, it's there for everybody to use.

sf4JC

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to update everyone, I was able to get FSHost loaded up on my Vista machine okay, and I've been forgetting to turn the server on as of late. Well, I got home after Easter break, and found that my PC Address had been changed again. So anyway, you can still find the server under "SOAR! - FS2004/FSX - Temporary", but at 12.227.195.226.

Thanks,

Scott

EDIT : I forgot to mention that the TeamSpeak2 server had changed too, it's at "3n1 Racing (SOAR!)" @ 12.227.195.226.8769