Wolfgang Piper Aircraft Updates

sf4JC

I just noticed this morning that Wolfgang Piper has had recent updates to some of his aircraft, and one new aircraft. If anyone has Acceleration/SP2, can you tell me if the VC Canopy transparency in the Duo Discus X has been fixed? I'm away for the holiday, and I was just wondering. Cannot wait to get home to see.

sf4JC

I just noticed this morning that Wolfgang Piper has had recent updates to some of his aircraft, and one new aircraft. If anyone has Acceleration/SP2, can you tell me if the VC Canopy transparency in the Duo Discus X has been fixed? I'm away for the holiday, and I was just wondering. Cannot wait to get home to see.

sf4JC

Hi,

i'll try it out in the evening, if both - my job and my wife - let me have some time for flying.

Best Regards,

Dirk.

Hi,

i'll try it out in the evening, if both - my job and my wife - let me have some time for flying.

Best Regards,

Dirk.

I understand, and take your time. We made it home okay last night, but my son came down with a severe cold, so I may have an off chance that I could see for myself today.

Thanks Dirk

sf4JC

I understand, and take your time. We made it home okay last night, but my son came down with a severe cold, so I may have an off chance that I could see for myself today.

Thanks Dirk

sf4JC

Now, as it turns 9:30pm local time my boss :big_boss: felt okay with me leaving office and as I found my wife asleep... :whistling: IT WORKS! :respect: :yahoo:

Have fund with the discus! BTW: Did you already tried out the FSX:A multiplayer racing mode?

Thanks Dirk! I've tried some multiplayer sessions and only one race setting as an observer in FSX.

sf4JC

You're welcome. Multiplayer is great fun, if you have some time. Have already had some nice flights with Bert (bruin) in countires all over the world. Just, if you open a glider session, give a speaking name - like "gliders soaring germany" or similar - you will have to wait some minutes till the next player joins with a DG-808. From the point, when there are 3 players or more in the session, you can fly for hours, never beeing alone. Every some minutes someone joins or leaves.

I've tried the glider race yesterday but somehow nobody joined in, so i've flown it all alone :vv:

All described has happened at my usual flight times (around 20:00 zulu).

now back to topic:

With some of Wolfgangs other gliders I still encounter the transparency issue. Mostly at the small window in the canopy, not for the canopy itself. I'll make some further investigation tonight and leave Wolfgang a message with the reults. If you're interested I'll copy the mail and (if allowed by Wolfgang) the result here.

Thanks Dirk! I've been wanting to get an email together to thank him for all his work for the MSFS community. With FSX and a little with FS2004, I just started flying the Duo Discus X, and never looked back to fly any others. I even did up my own custom paintjob for it. Whenever I get into another cockpit, it just doesn't seem right, cause I've gotten used to the Duo Discus X cockpit.

sf4JC

Just to update everyone, Mr. Piper has updated more of his gliders. So if yours still wasn't working with the last update, check in and see if your aircraft has been updated now.

sf4JC

• 3 weeks later...

Either he's reporting a bug or he's reporting an update in some of his aircraft. I haven't had the chance to investigate futher, so a few more of his aircraft may have been updated, I'm not sure.

sf4JC

• 2 weeks later...