FS9 on Vista 64 bit?

lindbergh72

Hi,

How is FS9 running on Vista 64 bit? can you recommend it?

Regards

Frank

PS: Will FS9 for example use 4 or 6 GB of ram under vista?

I bet you will get fps in the 100's for FS-9 with your rig! :lol:

I'm thinking of going down this route too - does anyone have experience of going from 32-bit Windows XP to 64-bit Vista?

I understand it's a clean installation, not an upgrade - and that makes me nervous!

Also, any big issues with FS addons not being compatible with Vista? I'm thinking ActiveSky and AES for instance?

Cheers

Rob

I'm thinking of going down this route too - does anyone have experience of going from 32-bit Windows XP to 64-bit Vista?

I understand it's a clean installation, not an upgrade - and that makes me nervous!

Also, any big issues with FS addons not being compatible with Vista? I'm thinking ActiveSky and AES for instance?

Cheers

Rob

Yes, good question...

From 32bit XP to Vista 64bit, that's certainly not a simple update. :D

If you've never installed a new OS on your PC you'd rather not do it, but it's as easy as it has been with Vista. All addons run here, but of course I don't have the time to collect lots of addons and test them. Some of my testers use all you can get though and are pretty happy with Vista 64bit.

I only use FS9 for testing anymore but I am running it on a 64bit system without a hitch.

I also have nearly every add on under the sun & havent had a problem with any of them.

Thanks Bob ^_^

I can see that U have a verypowerful PC there Bob.

But do U have to run all programs (fs addons) under admin in Vista or what? and is there any difference in games (like FS9/X) between Vista Home Basic or/and Windows Vista Ultimate

both 64 bit, by the way.... :rolleyes:

Regards

Frank

• 4 weeks later...

There are a few addons that dont work, the PMDG 737 Mega, airports Frankfurt FS9, even the squawkbox will not connect to widesFS on second computer with FSX FS9 no problem OK I am still trying to connect up to VATSIM with SDK :angry: I have not installed all my "old" FS9 programs but not even "ALL" functions work in FSX weather radar or cabin views etc Its like being stuck in the middle of something but in a year it will all be history and now at least we have the hard ware for FSX.