Manhattan X & Framerates

• Aerosoft

We are sure there will be some comments and some problems regarding frame rates over the new Manhattan scenery. Note that the system requirements are stiff. We rather give realistic requirements so people with moderate machines are not disappointed.

System requirements:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (with SP2 or Acceleration)

Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (fully updated, Windows XP and 7 recommended)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU (Core 2 Quad or equivalent advised)

2 GB RAM (4 GB advised)

Direct X 9 compatible 512 MB Graphics Card

Direct X compatible Sound card

Download-Size: 320 MB

Installations-Size: 500 MB

The images attached below are done on settings that more dense than advised in the manual, on a Core I7, cheapest version, 3 Gb of ram, NVidia 8800 GTS, FSX SP2 on DX10 on Windows Vista. Now I don't call this a cheap system but at something like 750 Euro hardly a high end machine.

post-43-1233331565_thumb.jpg

post-43-1233331580_thumb.jpg

post-43-1233331599_thumb.jpg

post-43-1233331613_thumb.jpg

post-43-1233331623_thumb.jpg

I'm trying to buy ManhattanX but on the U.S. website, when I click to go to the product page, I get this error:

404 Not Found

The requested URL /aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi was not found on this server.

Apache Server at www.aerosoft-shop.com Port 80

EDIT:

I was able to get to the ManhattanX product page from the main shop page, far right Scenery table. But the main "product page" link is not working, well for me at least.

We are sure there will be some comments and some problems regarding frame rates over the new Manhattan scenery. Note that the system requirements are stiff. We rather give realistic requirements so people with moderate machines are not disappointed.

System requirements:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (with SP2 or Acceleration)

Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (fully updated, Windows XP and 7 recommended)

Interesting about Windows 7 recommendation. Have you seen something in it, FSX wise, that you like over Vista? And I guess you are suggesting we wait for the RTM version rather than beta!

Regards

Simon

• Aerosoft
Interesting about Windows 7 recommendation. Have you seen something in it, FSX wise, that you like over Vista? And I guess you are suggesting we wait for the RTM version rather than beta!

Regards

Simon

I would say and thousands of others that the Windows 7 beta that's available for free now, is a better OS then Vista. It's in fact far better. At least as stable, even in beta stage, smoother and faster on any hardware, far less demanding on hardware (I got it running on a puny EEE netbook). I'm, using it now and when the RTM comes around I'll spend a day moving to that version.

• Aerosoft
I'm trying to buy ManhattanX but on the U.S. website, when I click to go to the product page, I get this error:

404 Not Found

The requested URL /aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi was not found on this server.

Apache Server at www.aerosoft-shop.com Port 80

EDIT:

I was able to get to the ManhattanX product page from the main shop page, far right Scenery table. But the main "product page" link is not working, well for me at least.

Thanks for noticing it, forgot the http://www in front of the link, now solved.

I would just like to say that on my system I actually get a small fps increase with Manhattan X over having UTX render Manhattan with autogen and scenery complexity set to normal.

Great piece of work! ;)

I would say and thousands of others that the Windows 7 beta that's available for free now, is a better OS then Vista. It's in fact far better. At least as stable, even in beta stage, smoother and faster on any hardware, far less demanding on hardware (I got it running on a puny EEE netbook). I'm, using it now and when the RTM comes around I'll spend a day moving to that version.

Are you running the 32 or 64 bit version?? I'm considering moving from my current 32bit XP forward to 64bit.

Bill M :rolleyes:

• Aerosoft
Are you running the 32 or 64 bit version?? I'm considering moving from my current 32bit XP forward to 64bit.

Bill M :rolleyes:

32 bits. But when the official release is available I will use the 64 bits version as I intend this to be my main OS for the next three years and certainly will have 8 Gb or more memory.

Hello, i am fascinated by Manhattan X but 4-5 fps in average is kind of a joke , isn't it ?

i have a pretty fast pc with sli nvidia and all that stuff, and normally i am having at least 18fps even under toughest scenery conditions like Frankfurt X + real germany with all details etc ....

question to admin please:

do you experience the same fps breakdown when running manhattan x - do you have a preferred scenery setting ?

thank you and great job with this lovely scenery ... make it playable please :-)

br Hendrik

• Aerosoft
Hello, i am fascinated by Manhattan X but 4-5 fps in average is kind of a joke , isn't it ?

i have a pretty fast pc with sli nvidia and all that stuff, and normally i am having at least 18fps even under toughest scenery conditions like Frankfurt X + real germany with all details etc ....

question to admin please:

do you experience the same fps breakdown when running manhattan x - do you have a preferred scenery setting ?

thank you and great job with this lovely scenery ... make it playable please :-)

br Hendrik

Well as you have seen on this forum (I kindly advise you to read a little bit before posting), most people have no problems with frame rates. I run it on the advised setting and get always between 25 and 45 fps. There is nothing that can be done to make it faster other then removing a lot of objects and if we do that we could have used the FS2004 version a lot easier. I will attach two images, one showing over 50fps, the other over 38 fps. And this is on a machine that you can buy under $850. I will make the images gif and not jpg so you can see it has good quality and there is no simplification.

Now if you can confirm that you use the settings and the tips in the manual and tell us you hardware (SLI actually makes FSX slower in our experience, I prefer a $125 graphics card myself for FSX) we'll try to help you get good fps. But if your system works well in other conditions there is something in your setup that breaks down when it is pushed over a certain limit. We see this rather often on Vista machines (and that's why we advice XP or Windows 7 beta) and it is a well documented but very nasty affair.

But see the images and you'll understand it is not the scenery but the scenery in combination with your system that causes the problem.

post-43-1233505660_thumb.png

post-43-1233505683_thumb.png

the recommended settings helped me out wit 1 or 2 more fps so no real improvement. when switching to DX10 preview things get much better and i come to fps between 20-35, but .... i have that rooftop flickering everywhere which is also described in another thread above ... too bad :-( really incredible nice scenery but not running on my system (intel core quad 3.2 , 8800ultra sli, 4 gb ram, vista ultimate 32 sp1). thank you for your communication and maybe i can wait for an update that will help me out ?! best regards :-)