Keflavik Iceland

MrPalmason

• 2 weeks later...
If anybody should find other videos of this quality I would be very glad to see them. It makes development so much easier if you can feel and see how the real thing looks like. It's just so much different from stills or even high-res GoogleEarth images.

Here are one video from Akureyri Airport BIAK this is a Boeing MD 90 or Boeing 737 landing along whit approach for RWY 01 but since this video was taken it has been a works of the runway and it was lengthen

looking forward to see some sceens

best regard Róbert

Here are one video from Akureyri Airport BIAK this is a Boeing MD 90 or Boeing 737 landing along whit approach for RWY 01 but since this video was taken it has been a works of the runway and it was lengthen

looking forward to see some sceens

best regard Róbert

Talking about this addition to Akureyri airport. Will it be included in the package? I also look forward to see some sceens... :lol:

Talking about this addition to Akureyri airport. Will it be included in the package? I also look forward to see some sceens... :lol:

Yes I thing I read that Akureyri will be included at least I hope so or are you just talking about the changes that had been made of the runway?

Yes I thing I read that Akureyri will be included at least I hope so or are you just talking about the changes that had been made of the runway?

I think Akureyri will be in the package, I just ment the extention.

Skrítið að rabba svona við íslending á útlensku ;)

Kv. Kjartan.

I see there are some insiders reading in this topic. The main problem at the moment is to acquire data and photographs of the airports. Iceland is quite some miles away from Germany and a visit that has been planned is not very likely anymore at the moment (for several reasons), at least not before autumn. So if we would be assisted from natives who might be able to provide good photographs of the airports a release before winter might not be unlikely.

A lot of "ifs" and "mights" as you can see, but the project has definitely high priority, so don't be frustrated. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
A lot of "ifs" and "mights" as you can see, but the project has definitely high priority, so don't be frustrated. ;)

So... any news? :)

Best regards, Kjartan.

Last week was "Kieler Woche", so we were all a bit out of commission over here. :lol:

We still need to collect more material before I can show some results, so don't give up on this.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm working on it as we speak. Still, it's an incredible big country, and to get the colors right is a pita in FSX (let alone FS9, but that's one thing I won't have to worry about). I got it right though by now, so I'm currently working on BIKF.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree but we need more people on site to help us out. We are not going to do a half baked product and right now we just lack friends there.

Why not only stick to Keflavík airport for now? Rest of the country could come later if everything goes well. Hope you will consider this.

Regards,

Þórður Þ.

Good idea, but: rest of the country is finished already :D only the 2 major airports are still missing.

wow Thorsten the whole country! that was fast lol look forward to flying to Iceland! :)

I agree but we need more people on site to help us out. We are not going to do a half baked product and right now we just lack friends there.

For us living here (in Iceland), what exactly is it that you need ??

I live about 2 hours drive from BIKF, and have a good camera but no access to a plane to take aereal photos. So I could only take pictures from the ground.

Aerosoft needs to own a U2 spyplane :)

Golli.

We don't need aerial images, that is ok. No spyplane could get us the images we need, because in order to do good buildings you need to stand right in front of it (orthogonally). So you would need access to the airports. We had someone with access to the airports but he seems to have vanished. :huh:

We don't need aerial images, that is ok. No spyplane could get us the images we need, because in order to do good buildings you need to stand right in front of it (orthogonally). So you would need access to the airports. We had someone with access to the airports but he seems to have vanished. :huh:

WOW 30 seconds reply, you guys really are on your toes, ower there.

So what you are saying is, you need a access to the airside to get extreeme closeups??

Golli.