Mega Aiport Paris CDG liitle issues

tango4

Hi there !

First I would like to congratulate you for this wonderful scenery!

It's just brilliant ! I own the previous version and this one not only adds the latest changes to CDG but has been reprogrammed and is less FPS intensive while being even more beautiful!

I just noticed a few things lacking (for information, I work as an ATC at CDG) and a little bug:

-the new Apron control tower is not there (but it is very recent)

-TWY E2 is now closed (also a very recent addition)

-Around Terminal 1, on the aprons, there are no aircraft type markings on the ground across the yellow line (I mean the little lines indicating where to stop according to your type of aircraft)

-And a bug on the DME's of the ILS's: the problem is that the DME's indicate zero when you are above the localizer antennae instead of the TDZ. So basically, during the whole approach, you read approximately 2NM more than you should. Someone could provide me with a hand corrected AFCAD file but that could be nice if you could fix that in an official update.

Anyway, thanks for this wonderful product !

Best regards.

Charles

That's correct, but I did not notice that because I do not use any traffic add-on.

So I'm not 100% about that, but don't you think that AFR flight on terminal 2b are related to your traffic add-on and not the scenery itself ?

Charles

Charles,

A question to you if you don't mind.

Using this scenery I've noticed the present AFCAD sending aircraft to runways 09/27R and 08R/26L which are rather short, especially for heavies.

What is these runways' usage in real life at CDG? Could you shed some light?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Rafal

Well, you are correct!

The normal use at CDG is inner runways for take-offs (you have 4200m) and outer runways for landings (2700m). That's the case 90% of the time.

If one of the inner runways has to be closed (maintenance work, aircraft stuck on it...), usually, we often reroute the heavies to the available long runway and ask the mediums if they can take the shorter one.

When we lose an outer runway, we use the long runway both for departure and arrivals, and we try to reroute some arrivals on the other pair.

Basically, that's it. Of course this is just a summary but that's the idea!

I hope I answered your question.

Charles

Another issue i've found when i was looking at the AFCAD :

- The S3 is used only by Skyteam airliners. It's more about the medium sized gates. (In fact, I have deleted all of them to have more AF Aircrafts at T2F and T2D)

Sorry for the French : tango4, si tu travailles à Roissy je suppose que tu parles Fr. Est ce que tu peux me dire à quel Satellite du T1 KD Avia se trouve ? Merci

-And a bug on the DME's of the ILS's: the problem is that the DME's indicate zero when you are above the localizer antennae instead of the TDZ.

Hi Charles

Yepp, that's one of the things which will be fixed in a first update. Please don't ask why this fault had happened... :blink:

The most of ILS-DMEs (if the ILS have a DME) are located aside the Localizer indeed, but not in CDG, you're right! This are GP/DMEs and are placed directly aside the GP-Antenna. Except the ILS of Rwy 08L/26R: Both ILS have no DME in real and its also wrong in the AFCAD where you find a DME for 08L.This will be fixed too of course.

Best regards

Mike

Wonderful !

That is very good news indeed !

Because I plan to use this scenery quite a lot (as I did with the previous version...)!!!

Once again congratulations on your fantastic work.

Charles

• 2 months later...
For what I heard, not released yet, but well underway !

Charles

Affirm! :)

It required a little bit more time as just fixing the DME's due to the other improvements of the scenery which will be included "all in one" in the update. It will be released soon...

Stay tuned! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Where can i get the update i cant see it in the updates list while i have registerd my CDG version.

If you bought CDG directly from the Aerosoft store and you are correctly logged in there, then it should be listed on the support-site. If not, you have to contact Aerosoft I guess.

Hi,

I too can't find this upgrade for LFPG. I've downloaded it directly from Aerosoft online store, and when I go to Faq/update I can't see no LFPG upgrade in the list. Where can I find it please?

Hello aaphebus,

I see Mega Airport Paris CDG in your support database, maybe you are not looking at the correct product title!

Hello Shaun,

Thanks for your answer. Yes it's true I can see it now, it's because I changed my email address, and I must log with old email to see the update. Now I'm going to download it. My mistake here, totally forgot about this point. :D

Alain