VFR London X London City Airport Update now available..

Shaun Fletcher

The update for VFR London X containing London City Airport (EGLC) is now available.

The update is available in the FAQs/Updates section at www.aerosoft.com

Or you can download the full new installer from your accounts.

londoncityairport_6.jpg

londoncityairport_13.jpg

londoncityairport_10.jpg

londoncityairport_1.jpg

londoncityairport_8.jpg

londoncityairport_5.jpg

Shaun,

The update is available in the FAQs/Updates section at www.aerosoft.com

It is not there. Please check to make sure it is in the update section.

P.S. thanks for the nice surprise, I figured at least another month or so.

According to Aerosoft, it should become available in the English version on November 20th (I hope). I have a similar PC setup as yours. How does VFR London X work on your machine?

It works well on my machine. There are many suggestions in the manual, how to optimize the scenery with FSX (FSX settings). My settings are: "scenerery density: dense/very dense (You can change it in flight, started with low, short loading time for new settings), autogen:none , AI Traffic:20% My Traffic X used,Filtering:anisotropic...other settings like manual ). The manual you should find on the product page (PDF), it is nearly similiar to the boxed manual (complete in German this time for German version,many pages ) . Target Frame rate 20 FPS (limited) sometimes a short break, but thats ok. , tried unlimited but then the photo texture loading is to slow (Blurries). Plane: Default Beech Baron; Bell Helicopter.

One bug on my system: Need to deactivate airplane ground shadows to see AI-Traffic London City airport.

Many Greetings: Thomas

Hi. As far as I've seen, after applying update version 1.10 VFR London, a duplicate entry of EGLC airport is placed in the scenery library list with the very same name. I checked both entries with the "edit" button and found out they match the same folder. Then I removed one of the entries and the scenery became less "heavy" and EGLC airport got clearer (before I couldn't see its runway markings and lights).

Regards

Hey Shaun,

the scenery is out of this world, and with the oom fix is runnung great (better once the i7 comes out),

but I feel lost here.

I mean I know that fsx was not meant for flights connecting only egll, and eglc.

Same thing goes for Vhhh, and Kai Tak.

Between these two gems, I find myself trapped.

I am looking at Switzerland pro, and once I get my hands on Madeira, and Lfpg boxed and vfr Paris when it arrives along with the f-16, then I will be really stuck in a small section of the world.

So please, start pumping out more vfr sceneries of cities and areas surrounding mega airports so we can get back to flying "real" routes instead of short hops.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just want to know if the London Heliport is realized in London VFR. As shown on the photo the scenery seems to end nearby in the west. If the Scenery doesn't contain the heliport wouldn't it be a nice update? :rolleyes:

(I already asked in the german forum but with no reply till now).

Bye

Heiko

• 4 weeks later...
Hello phenocom,

Most likely due to the nature of the photographic scenery.

Hi Shaun:

:(

I'm puzzled. If the road traffic is not included with VFRLondonX then why do you show Traffic in the advertised screenshots?

Doesn't that seem to be stating something to the customer that isn't there?

Hello phenocom,

If you have a look at the bridge with the traffic on and the actual FSX scenery you will see a slight difference and also look at the water.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the picture may have been an FS2004 picture of the scenery.