How To Remove Liveries

vgbaron

because it could take aeons to load if you have too many planes with too many liveries

okay, I don't get your point, but if you want just disable some liveries, then got to that model's folder where the livery is and open aircraft.cfg in notepad or similar. First there are all liveries, now you must find the livery you want to disable, and at the begining there is [fltsim. and some number], change that number into x and that livery won't load. You must also change every livery's number to logical so that there are no missing numbers.

This does NOT remove the liveries, it just makes FSX not to load them!

If I'm not making any sense, please ask  ;)

Why would you want to do that!?  :huh:

1 because I don't like them and they're useless to me

2 I don't like my HD cluttered with stuff I don't use

3 shorter load time

Can't they just be deleted?

ok well then your not really experienced then huh....just go in your fsx folder then sim objects, airplanes and go into the f-16 folders and delet the textures you dont want....how hard is that....though thats kinda useless because i have alot, and i mean alot of add on aircraft and i notice no change in load time from anything.... :huh:

hope that helps you :mellow:

Sacreligious!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Indeed! :lol: It's like buying a Ferarri and then asking the sellsman to remove all parts except the wheels, engine and steering wheel as that's all you're going to use...

BTW, what do you mean with clean liveries? The paints that don't look dirty aka weathered? Or are you talking about the models and you only want to fly the clean configuration models (Thunderbirds, demo F-16s)?

Really, removing stuff hardly has any impact on FS loading time etc. But if you insist, the answer has been mentioned here is different posts. First delete the liveries that you don't want from the aircraft.cfg from each folder. Then delete those texture. folders. And if you don't want to use the different models you can delete those as well. Good luck, but don't come knocking on our door when stuff stops working correct.

I go through a similar exercise with addons that come with zillions of liveries. It's not that I don't like the variety it's just that I find that I only really use 4-5 (max) different liveries/loadouts for any particular addon, so I get rid of what I don't use. Each to their own...

you do realize that if missions come out , and you buy and install them . They are not going to work because you dont have the planes. before you remove why not just click the dont show all variations in the planes menu

Same for me. I really don't need tons of F-16s I will never fly and loadouts I'm never going to use.

To bad one can't change the loadout in the load screen like in the skysim hawk.

Strange, someone asks a simple question and instead of answering it the poor guy gets a lesson why he shouldn't do that :huh:

No problem. I'm quite used to dealing with intellectually challenged people. Too bad they cast a shadow on a quality product.

Vic

Indeed! :lol: It's like buying a Ferarri and then asking the sellsman to remove all parts except the wheels, engine and steering wheel as that's all you're going to use...

BTW, what do you mean with clean liveries? The paints that don't look dirty aka weathered? Or are you talking about the models and you only want to fly the clean configuration models (Thunderbirds, demo F-16s)?

Really, removing stuff hardly has any impact on FS loading time etc. But if you insist, the answer has been mentioned here is different posts. First delete the liveries that you don't want from the aircraft.cfg from each folder. Then delete those texture. folders. And if you don't want to use the different models you can delete those as well. Good luck, but don't come knocking on our door when stuff stops working correct.

Considering the idiotic tone of the responses, you must be kidding.

What is it about the work "clean" that you have a problem with? There is one folder called F-16 Clean - or do you have a problem with the word 'folder' too?

If it wasn't for the fact the I don't believe that any of you represent Aerosoft I'd return the product but as it happens with most stuff I've purchased from them, I like it.

I just do NOT like extra liveries of ANY kind. I fly the aircraft not the paint job.

Even with some of the limiited mentalities I've seen respond to this simple question, I would think it would be an easy concept to understand.

And, I've had as Ferrari and a Jag XKE and a few others - They only come with ONE paint job and it was one I liked. I kept them.

Sheesh!

V

One of those people that buys a box of creal for the free gift and then chucks the brand new packet in the bin by the sound of things :P

At least I can afford to buy the box just for the gift. And I know how to spell CEREAL too! :P

you do realize that if missions come out , and you buy and install them . They are not going to work because you dont have the planes. before you remove why not just click the dont show all variations in the planes menu

No I didn't realize that, thank you but I'm not much into missions so it's not a big deal for me.

Thanx for an intelligent response! :)

No problem. I'm quite used to dealing with intellectually challenged people. Too bad they cast a shadow on a quality product.

Vic

Well, to be honest, from my point of view, I think your not very clever if you want to delete some paints your paid for.

Considering the idiotic tone of the responses, you must be kidding.

What is it about the work "clean" that you have a problem with? There is one folder called F-16 Clean - or do you have a problem with the word 'folder' too?

If it wasn't for the fact the I don't believe that any of you represent Aerosoft I'd return the product but as it happens with most stuff I've purchased from them, I like it.

I just do NOT like extra liveries of ANY kind. I fly the aircraft not the paint job.

Even with some of the limiited mentalities I've seen respond to this simple question, I would think it would be an easy concept to understand.

And, I've had as Ferrari and a Jag XKE and a few others - They only come with ONE paint job and it was one I liked. I kept them.

Sheesh!

V

He's reply was not idiotic. You were talking about liveries, the 'clean' in F-16 folders refers to model.

No I didn't realize that, thank you but I'm not much into missions so it's not a big deal for me.

Thanx for an intelligent response! :)

Well then you can just delete every model folder except the 'clean' , the 'display' and 'F-16A 9' and then you should be happy.  ;)

On a side note, I have to say that I found your replies slightly offensive towards me and others and I suggest you to form your opinions in a way that they are polite and no one can think they are offensive. Just for the sake of this forum, there's a lot of great guys around here and what would you think if they would tell, that you're an idiot because you replied wrongly?!

no hard feelings, I don't want to have bad relations with you  :)

Well, to be honest, from my point of view, I think your not very clever if you want to delete some paints your paid for.

But, it's MY money isn't it? Since I will NEVER use those parts why clutter up my HD with them? It's not about being clever, it's about running MY copy of FSX and MY copy of F-16 the way that *I* want it? Is that so hard to understand? I am not saying that the liveries are bad, far from it, I congratulate all who worked on them for a fine job. It's just that I only fly one or two models and the rest is space that can be used for other things.

He's reply was not idiotic. You were talking about liveries, the 'clean' in F-16 folders refers to model.

ok, I'll give you this one - I *was* referring to the model. :)

Well then you can just delete every model folder except the 'clean' , the 'display' and 'F-16A 9' and then you should be happy.  ;)

If someone had said this in the first place, this would have been a very short thread. However, I accept blame for saying livery when I meant model. My fault.

On a side note, I have to say that I found your replies slightly offensive towards me and others and I suggest you to form your opinions in a way that they are polite and no one can think they are offensive. Just for the sake of this forum, there's a lot of great guys around here and what would you think if they would tell, that you're an idiot because you replied wrongly?!

Well, maybe that's the problem with written communications and possibly a difference in language because with a few exceptions, I felt that all the replies were offensive and not helpful. I asked a question expecting an answer. Instead I get questioned on why in the world I would ever want to do something like that and a lecture on why I shouldn't do that. Yours was the only post that offered a way to do it - even though it answered MY wrong question (meaning model and saying livery).

no hard feelings, I don't want to have bad relations with you  :)

No hard feelings at all, Valtteri. :) And thank you again for your help!

I think the easiest way to handle it would be to copy the panel folder from the _9_ model to each aircraft folder. As long as the _clean_ folder remains, you could delete the Aerosoft_F-16* folders at will.

Thank you! Other than seeing the panel aliasing, I wasn't sure if there were other interdependencies and didn't want to mess up the install.