German Scenery 4 For Fs2004

lionheart_001

Hello all,

I just purchased German Scenery 4 for FS2004 the other day. It is some awesome and fantastic scenery with superb photo real airfields.

However, most of the cars are untextured.

I have reloaded the file many times, and also reloaded the Fix file that comes with it several times and the cars are still gray, not showing any textures. (Some cars 'are' textured, but only about 1 in 3).

I would be greatful for any advice.

Bill

LHC

post-18904-1222285925_thumb.jpg

post-18904-1222285956_thumb.jpg

Hello all,

I just purchased German Scenery 4 for FS2004 the other day. It is some awesome and fantastic scenery with superb photo real airfields.

However, most of the cars are untextured.

I have reloaded the file many times, and also reloaded the Fix file that comes with it several times and the cars are still gray, not showing any textures. (Some cars 'are' textured, but only about 1 in 3).

I would be greatful for any advice.

Bill

LHC

Did you update to V1.1?

Did you update to V1.1?

Eeeks.. How do I do that? I only saw the one, single download point. Also, the download comes with another installer called 'Fix', which I ran also. I dont know of a way to update the package otherwise.

Bill

Eeeks.. How do I do that? I only saw the one, single download point. Also, the download comes with another installer called 'Fix', which I ran also. I dont know of a way to update the package otherwise.

Bill

If you go here http://aerosoft-shop.com/support.php?language=en and register and register SG4 you can download the update

• Aerosoft
Well, that did not do it.

I still have 2/3rds of all cars without textures.

I wish I knew what the problem was.

Bill

Bill, I also like to know what causes this. My best bet is to ask Sascha Normann but he is on a trip until next week. Please stay in a holding until I get some comment from him.

Bill, I also like to know what causes this. My best bet is to ask Sascha Normann but he is on a trip until next week. Please stay in a holding until I get some comment from him.

Hello Mathijs,

Roger that and no worries. I am a fan of Sascha's work. Incredible craftsman of scenery. The airfields and terrain are brilliant.

Bill

LHC

I might add one more thing.

It seems that I can only fly for short moments at a time over the Germany Scenery 4 area's, about enough time to fly from one airfield to the next closest one in the Super Cub, before FS crashes.

I tested this, and found that any airplane, for about 20 min's flight time roughly, will crash FS9. Also, I tried lowering the visibility to 20 miles to see if it was a graphics issue, and that didnt help, the sim still crashed. I then ran Disc Clean, then defragged my HD, and ran it again, and it still crashed, (various locations over the Germany Scenery 4 area's). So I tested a flight in England, flying over London, and flew for about 1 hour, trying to see if the system would crash, and it would not.

So I think my computer is having an issue with something in the scenery, which makes me sick to my stomach. This scenery is GORGEOUS! It really has me wanting to see Germany now. The intriquate hills and valleys and greenery, the changing of Autum, the river valleys.. Man... At least I can fly it for about 20 min's at a time.

I wonder if turning off 'special effects' might do it. Could this be the windmills?

Please forgive me if I sound bothersome.

Bill

• Aerosoft
I might add one more thing.

It seems that I can only fly for short moments at a time over the Germany Scenery 4 area's, about enough time to fly from one airfield to the next closest one in the Super Cub, before FS crashes.

I tested this, and found that any airplane, for about 20 min's flight time roughly, will crash FS9. Also, I tried lowering the visibility to 20 miles to see if it was a graphics issue, and that didnt help, the sim still crashed. I then ran Disc Clean, then defragged my HD, and ran it again, and it still crashed, (various locations over the Germany Scenery 4 area's). So I tested a flight in England, flying over London, and flew for about 1 hour, trying to see if the system would crash, and it would not.

So I think my computer is having an issue with something in the scenery, which makes me sick to my stomach. This scenery is GORGEOUS! It really has me wanting to see Germany now. The intriquate hills and valleys and greenery, the changing of Autum, the river valleys.. Man... At least I can fly it for about 20 min's at a time.

I wonder if turning off 'special effects' might do it. Could this be the windmills?

Please forgive me if I sound bothersome.

Bill

You don't sound bothersome!

Would you happen to have any alternative textures installed? They certainly could cause these issues and are the cause of many problems that are hard to debug.

You don't sound bothersome!

Would you happen to have any alternative textures installed? They certainly could cause these issues and are the cause of many problems that are hard to debug.

Hey Mathijs,

Thankyou Sir.

I do have BEV installed. That is about the only scenery I have in Europe. I have some Mega-Scenery packages installed for the United States.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Looks like there are some texture files missing. There are two ways to solve it:

Try to uninstall (refer to manual) and install the whole package again. I´m pretty sure that will solve it because there are just some files not installed properly.

Wait until I´m back home in 4 weeks. I´m currently in Europe and don´t have any access to my SG4 source files to find out more about the problem. Sorry.

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Bill,

Looks like there are some texture files missing. There are two ways to solve it:

Try to uninstall (refer to manual) and install the whole package again. I´m pretty sure that will solve it because there are just some files not installed properly.

Wait until I´m back home in 4 weeks. I´m currently in Europe and don´t have any access to my SG4 source files to find out more about the problem. Sorry.

Bests,

Sascha

Hello Sascha,

No worries. Have a good trip through Europe and talk to you soon.

Bill

LHC