Frankfurt X Static Aircraft

trisager

When installing Frankfurt X the installer asks the user if the static aircraft should be installed. I selected "yes" but I didn't get any ...

On page 30 of the English language manual it says "... all parking positions will be blocked by the static aircraft" but goes on to say on page 42 that "Static aircraft have been placed very scarcely on this airport".

I'm confused :blink: . Was I supposed to get static aircraft or not? If yes, how do I enable them on my installation?

Tom

(Btw, I get 20-25 fps with FSX SP2 and I don't have the lights problem that other users have been reporting, so it's not universal).

• Aerosoft
When installing Frankfurt X the installer asks the user if the static aircraft should be installed. I selected "yes" but I didn't get any ...

On page 30 of the English language manual it says "... all parking positions will be blocked by the static aircraft" but goes on to say on page 42 that "Static aircraft have been placed very scarcely on this airport".

I'm confused :blink: . Was I supposed to get static aircraft or not? If yes, how do I enable them on my installation?

Tom

(Btw, I get 20-25 fps with FSX SP2 and I don't have the lights problem that other users have been reporting, so it's not universal).

The manual is indeed not clear. We are checking it out now and will be back soon with a more detailed answer.

• Aerosoft

Okay, if you selected NO static aircraft there should be no static aircraft. If you selected YES to the statics almost all gates will be filled making the airport seem _realistically_ busy but it will leave you just a few gates to use. If you normally use AI traffic we advise you to NOT to use the statics. If you have selected them but don't see them it could be the scenery density slider is set too much to the left.

We'll correct the manual, thanks for pointing it out!

OK, thanks for the response. I guess I must have made a mistake during install and selected "no" to the static aircraft.

Tom

Same problem here. I'm pretty sure I selected "yes", but get no static planes whatsoever in EDDF-X.

Which BGL file contains the static planes? I'd like to check, if I have it installed or not.

Cheers,

Emacs

Hello Emacs,

Can you try the following.

Can you change the filename eddf_fs9_stat_objects_LIB.bgl to eddf_fs9_stat_objects_LIB.bgx and see if the statics are removed.

Hi Shawn,

I have FS-X - are the eddf_fs9... filenames correct?

Btw: My statics are already removed (or at least invisible).

Cheers,

Emacs

Following a suggestion in the German language forum I renamed eddf_fs9_stat.off to eddf_fs9_stat.bgl. That gave me the static aircraft. (I'm using FSX, the file is probably common to the two versions).

You should tell the developer to check the installer, I'm now pretty confident that it doesn't install the static aircraft when asked to do so (since several people have the same problem).

Tom