Germany Vfr 2 North: Default Scenery And Textures

RobdeVries

Hi there,

I bought and installed Germany VFR 2 North/German airfields 1 island hopping. While flying I noticed that the phototextures of the wadden sea do not blend very nice with the water in FSX (Acc)

Also I noticed a default scenery island which doesn't belong there in my opinion. See attached screenshot in the neighborhood of Trischen Island.

post-752-1211043175_thumb.jpg

Nope no DX10 preview. I tried higher water settings and it improved a little bit bit still not very satisfying. Moreover that little default scenery does not vanish with higher settings. I think this deserves a patch?

Rob

Hi Rob,

The wadden sea indeed does not blend very well into the default scenery. That is because we tried to use as much of the aerial images as we could in our scenery. As you can see we have covered more of the wadden sea than Google Earth (they just cut it off along the coastline) but still not all. The problem is that no one except us seems to be interested in a coverage of the complete wadden area (=shallow water) along the coastline, so we do not have all of it covered.

About the island: I checked that and it seems to be something remaining from the default scenery (but acutally no there in real world) because not covered by our scenery. I will keep it in mind to delete that island for a possible update.

Bests,

Sascha

Thanks Sascha for the explanation. I will be great if could have the real tidal system simulated ;)

I hope you delete the island in the next patch/update!

Rob

PS I noticed several dams only being represented with mesh and textures (not accurate, but grassy green) So no 3d models will be available of dams?

If I can tune in here for a second. I bought the product a few days ago and thought that maybe it could be made so that the photoreal water textures blend in with the default better. The way it looks now is simply horrible. It removes any idea of realism that those photoreal textures are supposed to give when you see them being cut off like that. No more fun flying around those islands for me I'm afraid.

Also there seems to be an overal green colour over all the textures. This I'm sure is related to the source textures you've got. Can't say I like it much and it's especially noticable with the Island Hopping airfields that do have more diverse coloured landtextures. First of all don't get me wrong. I admire the efford gone into this project and there are quite a few good points like the custom objects that add so much to the realism and the nicely alligned autogen. Yet to be honest this is the first time I am a bit disappointed with an Aerosoft product.