Issue with Antarctica vol.2

GGCH_BOOMer
Go to solution Solved by Sasa,

Hello,

Just launched MSFS with the freshly installed scenery Antarctica vol.2 and when I spawn my aircraft on Runway 9 at YWKS Wilkins I have this (please see screenshot). 

Is there a bug in the scenery or am I doing something wrong ? 

Thanks 

Please login to display this image.

• Solution

No that is of course not supposed to look like that and is 99% caused by Navigraph that places a simple runway there.

Although our addon tells MSFS to disregard any other airport data with the same ICAO code, this will only work it Navigraph has a priority below Antarctica Vol. 2. Same as with all other sceneries where Navigraph causes conflicts.

Here's a fix from our manual:

Q: The runway at Wilkins is looking strange – like it’s on a ridge!
A: This will be caused by a duplicate runway likely caused by Navigraph if you have it installed (currently the only other addon we know about that places a runway there). In MSFS go to OPTIONS → GENERAL OPTIONS → EXPERIMENTAL → Activate the PACKAGE REORDER TOOL and set both Navigraph entries below those of Antarctica Vol. 2 (usually works best if both Navigraph entries are set at “-1”).

• Like 2

23 hours ago, GGCH_BOOMer said:

Thanks a lot that solved the problem. Sorry didn't saw the entry on the manual.

Good to hear you fixed it, thanks for the feedback!

Bests,

Sascha

• Like 1

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Rafman72 said:

Do I need to reinstall Antarctica 2after setting Navigraph to -1?

Hi,

There should be no need to reinstall, however, could you double-check that you have both Navigraph entries to -1? You should see more than one (navigraph-navdata-base & navigraph-navdata).

I had posted in this thread images of the settings....have extracted this part from that....I presume this is what you mean?

Too bad to hear this doesn't work for you. Please try the following:

1. Deactivate Navigraph completely by temporarily moving it from your Community folder to another folder where MSFS cannot "see" it.
  2. Check if it still happens. If so, it's caused by another scenery packages that places a runway there that needs to be found.
  3. If it's gone then, you confirmed it's being caused by Navigraph on your system - even after the scenery order has been changed. Which would be a case for Navigraph's support as it is out of our hands why Navigraph places these runways in the first place and reordering priorities doesn't work for you (not sure if there are different ways Navigraph is installed, that makes them vary from user to user?): https://forum.navigraph.com/t/faq-msfs-scenery-file-re-organisation-initialization/4035

Bests,

Sascha

12 hours ago, Rafman72 said:

Thank you, I used the solution of placing between navigraph hey presto it worked????

I'll be d.... Not sure why it needs to be different for some of us but thank you for trying it out and letting others know!

Also thanks to @Bert Gronerwho found this out in the first place.

Bests,

Sascha

• 1 month later...