July's Screenshot Contest: Turbo Prop Life!!!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Fellow Simviators,

I hope all is well with everyone.  Yes I have been somewhat in hiding (well not really - just a bit caught with real world aviation projects at work).  This month I think we can give one of my favorite aircraft types some love - Turboprops!!!

This is your chance to show your favorite turboprop regardless of the Simulator.  I could show hundreds (possibly thousands of shots of turboprop aircraft type).

Q400 landing in LOWI  (P3D v5.3)

Please login to display this image.

Close up of landing action!!  (P3D v5.2)

Tough day in the office!! (P3D v5.2)

TBM 900 Somewhere in Washington State (X-Plane 11)

Somewhere over Florida en-route to TPA:  Beech King Air 350i (X-Plane 11) 

Pilatus PC-6:  Milviz (P3D v5.2)

Cruising over Catalina Island:  TBM 940 (MSFS 2020)

Departing out KROA- Roanoke, VA:  TBM 940 (MSFS 2020)

Setting up for the approach in a Brazilian airport:  Hans Hartmann's ATR 72-600 (MSFS 2020)

As Always   - All participants are ONLY allowed 1 image if you post more than one - ONLY the first entry will be judged and the others deleted.

Users are allowed to change their posted image up until the time frame allowing you to do so expires.  If you fail to post an image based on the theme of the month, it is very likely that the image will not be considered during "judgment day".

This a multi-sim platform for your "FLIGHT" images as we welcome Prepar3D, MSFS 2020, X-Plane, DCS, Infinite Flight and even AeroFly images.  

Good luck to ALL!!

• Like 2

Wow! Outstanding shots.....especially the first one.

I always feel a pinch of pain when I see the TBM because Carenado decided not to make it for FS9.

Been waiting for years to get hi res ATR cockpit shots then she will be in my panel shop.

All great aircraft. I look forward to what folks come up with. 

Regards

Ed

• Like 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 hours ago, edetroit said:

Wow! Outstanding shots.....especially the first one.

I always feel a pinch of pain when I see the TBM because Carenado decided not to make it for FS9.

Been waiting for years to get hi res ATR cockpit shots then she will be in my panel shop.

All great aircraft. I look forward to what folks come up with. 

Regards

Ed

Thanks Capt. Ed.
The TBM in FS9 would have been great, and I would love to see what you'll be able to do with the ATR if you gain access to a ATR flight deck.

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 7/9/2023 at 4:03 AM, edetroit said:

Is "Cruising over Catalina Island:  TBM 940 (MSFS 2020)" a brochure shot or what?! Superb.

I just happened to capture that one at the right time - the lighting was in the right place.

• 2 weeks later...

Combo of turbo prop and gorgeous Caribbean waters.  What more can you ask for??

Please click on screenshot to get crisp sharper view of the screenshot

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite turboprop.

I love how the cockpit looks impossible to understand but after hours of study it all makes sense.

The fact that they are still around today speaks volumes.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

This month's contest was certainly a challenge even though there only a few entries - Each had a story to tell.  No as some of you know my true passion in aviation is with anything with a PT-6 hanging off the wings.  Let's congratulate  @edetroit (Capt. Picasso) for his entry.

Ed has been able to tame this monstrous, intimidating beast look and or seem simple to operate, especially since the flight-deck is labeled in Russian.  To fly it properly as a single pilot in the SIM I always found to be a challenge, but once mastered or having a general understanding of the flows I know she is a joy to fly.  Would love to see if cross over to a newer SIM platform eventually.

This scene captures a mission that regardless of the weather conditions will get done.  Poor runway conditions are no match for the is beast.

Long Live FS9.1!!

Email to follow shortly

On 7/31/2023 at 6:33 PM, edetroit said:

My favourite turboprop.

I love how the cockpit looks impossible to understand but after hours of study it all makes sense.

The fact that they are still around today speaks volumes.