Reserve value on CRJ700

KoBboyz

Hi,
I would like to know what value of SIMBRIEF to put in the FMS of the CRJ700 in RESERVE ?
Is it just the FINRES value ?
Or ALTN + FINRES ?
Thanking you.
Good flights.

Should normally be final reserve. I believe we used something like 700kg back when we still flew some 700s. And 800kg for the 900.

Thanks to you two.

My question comes from having read explanations of the B737-800 and having read that it was the reserve value was FINRES + ALTN.
And among other things having read this:

• For a domestic flight under FAA rules, the RESERVES field is normally the 45min FAR reserve (calculated at cruise altitude) + alternate fuel + buffer
  • For an international flight under FAA rules, the RESERVES field is normally the 30min FAR reserve (calculated at 1500ft AFE) + alternate fuel + buffer
  • For a flight under EASA rules, the RESERVES field is normally the 30min final reserve fuel (calculated at 1500ft AFE) + alternate fuel + buffer

Good flight.

Huh nice to know. Re: the 737’s I believe that number prompts the “using reserve fuel” notification which would be cause for a diversion. I’m not certain what the number actually does in the CRJ to be quite honest

I believe the 737 does not include any alternate calculations in the active flight plan unless you specifically set it up on some INIT REF -> ALTN DEST page. 

The CRJ includes the alternate airport in the active route so you can set up the route to the alternate without using a secondary flight plan. It will also calculate roughly how much fuel it thinks it needs to get to the alternate, and uses the reserve value to show warnings like CHECK FUEL AT DESTINATION or CHECK FUEL AT ALTERNATE if your fuel is calculated to be less than the final reserve when you land at destination or alternate.

So if you use final reserve + alternate you are kind of doubling up on what the FMS does already if you have an alternate set for your route.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, CRJay said:

So if you use final reserve + alternate you are kind of doubling up on what the FMS does already if you have an alternate set for your route.

Thank you.