A general question about Aerosoft VDGS

WebMaximus

Please correct me if I'm wrong but as I understand it, for the VDGS system/module you use for a number of airports, I need to "activate" it for the gate I'm at or going to in order for it to work using the keyboard shortcut mentioned in the documentation.

Is that correct or am I missing something how this system is supposed to be used?

The problem I have is I'm doing all my flying in VR. Meaning, bringing up a separate window just to have VDGS work is a hassle. Even more so when the menu isn't an MSFS in-game panel menu but rather an external and normal Windows window popping up.

I know there are also other systems available provided by other developers/publishers where you'll get working VDGS at any gate without any interaction. I know there's a similar module from Nool Aerosystems which I think provides VDGS without any interaction required by the pilot.

Have Aerosoft considered using some other system/module for VDGS or if not, are there any plans where you'll improve your own VDGS module to be more intuitive and user-friendly, preferably without any user interaction required?

• WebMaximus changed the title to A general question about Aerosoft VDGS
3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Can I suggest posting this in the forum section about VDGS?

Sorry, must have missed there's a dedicated forum for VDGS.

You being an admin in here, could you please move it to the most appropriate forum?

• Aerosoft

Hi Richard,

yes...this is something that we are planning on doing in the future. Giving the vdgs a native MSFS user interface so it becomes more integrated with the sim and easier to use in VR.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...