Autopilot - ALT Setting - ALT Warning is beeping permanently

PaladinX

Hello,

since the sound patch, the Twin Otter is taken out of my Hangar and goes for some flights. But i have a strange issue, im not sure if i do something wrong.

- ALT is set to 9000 ft. The KAP140 and the SET ALTITUDE DISPLAY both show the 9000 ft.

- I take off manually, go on my course, then i activate the AP (no matter if on the KAP140 or on my Honeycomb Bravo, tried both)

--> The SET ALTITUDE DISPLAY changes immediately to 1000 ft above my current altitude. Every 100 fts, it goes one step up (all the time) and beeps like hell because i reach the next 100 fts altitude. I can not change the SET ALTITUDE when i turn the knob.

So the SET ALTITUDE changes together with my flying altitude every 100 fts, without any input, the KAP140 value stays all the time at the correct 9000 ft.

Any ideas?

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, PaladinX said:

Hello,

since the sound patch, the Twin Otter is taken out of my Hangar and goes for some flights. But i have a strange issue, im not sure if i do something wrong.

- ALT is set to 9000 ft. The KAP140 and the SET ALTITUDE DISPLAY both show the 9000 ft.

- I take off manually, go on my course, then i activate the AP (no matter if on the KAP140 or on my Honeycomb Bravo, tried both)

--> The SET ALTITUDE DISPLAY changes immediately to 1000 ft above my current altitude. Every 100 fts, it goes one step up (all the time) and beeps like hell because i reach the next 100 fts altitude. I can not change the SET ALTITUDE when i turn the knob.

So the SET ALTITUDE changes together with my flying altitude every 100 fts, without any input, the KAP140 value stays all the time at the correct 9000 ft.

Any ideas?

I don't see this behaviour. Can we assume you aren't running any AP mods, such as the FS2020-USER-TESTER KAP140 mod? From your description of the continued incrementing I would wonder if the rotary dial on your Bravo quadrant is sending uncommanded pulses. (My Leo Bodnar rotaries sometimes do that for reasons I don't understand.)

Hello Mark,

i dont have any autopilot mods. I have the WT GNS 530 installed. This was the first i tested: it happens with and without the GNS530 mod installed.

It happens with and without the Honeycomb.

The altitude alarm setting just hops further and further and further with every 100 ft that i climb and is beeping my nerves straight into hell. Really uncomfortable.

It is triggered by my altitude, not by any hardware input. I guess this is a software thing.

Edit:

- No other "input software" like FSUIP or so installed.

- No such problem in any other Asobo or 3rd Party Payware aircraft, only in the Twotter.

I have the exact same issue. I don't use the WT GNS 530 and I don't have any autopilot mods installed. I do have a Honeycomb Bravo connected but it happens even when with the rotary dial set on Heading. If the rotary dial would send pulses it would be to the heading bug.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaladinX said:

Hello? Any help from Aerosoft?

Since the Honeycomb Bravo seems a common factor here, have either of you tried disconnecting it to see if that makes a difference?

On 12/3/2022 at 9:12 PM, Allard said:

I have the exact same issue. I don't use the WT GNS 530 and I don't have any autopilot mods installed. I do have a Honeycomb Bravo connected but it happens even when with the rotary dial set on Heading. If the rotary dial would send pulses it would be to the heading bug.

Perhaps something else is sending repeated commands. I haven't checked recently, but MSFS used to have the design 'feature' that buttons held down would send the mapped command over and over again. So if you have a stuck button, or if you have an unexpected function mapped to a toggle switch, you would get that effect. Also, the described effect (held altitude incrementing by 100ft over and over) is reminiscent of what the 'UP' button on the KAP140 does when in ALT mode. It's supposed to increment by 20 feet but when I checked it incremented by 100ft, thought only once. (Perhaps a later update has modified that.)

It happens without any controls attached. Only the alt alert is changing with every 100 ft altitude. Must be a software bug.

What a fantastic experience with the legendary Twin Otter. Flown the FSX Version over many years. Bought the MSFS Twotter 5 minutes after release. Back to the hangar due to the bugs and the terrible sound. Now i wanted to give it as second chance - and now this. Frustrating.

• Aerosoft
5 hours ago, PaladinX said:

It happens without any controls attached. Only the alt alert is changing with every 100 ft altitude. Must be a software bug.

Hi,

This is a wild guess, but can you check if this tutorial doesen't help ?

Thanks.