Airplane will not move after engines are started from ramp

Jack443

I start off at the ramp at an airport with a cold, dark airplane.  After running the checklists to get it powered on and engines started I am unable to move the airplane at all.  Parking brake is off, engines are powered up and the throttles are moved forward and the engines rev up but the airplane will not move.  I thought that maybe the chocks are in but there is no option to remove them from ground control and visually I don't see any chocks.  I've tried different locations at different airports and I get the same problem.  It doesn't happen with other airplanes, only the Twin Otter.  

If I start from a runway with the engines already running I don't have this problem.  Anyone else have this problem?

Do you use right mouse button to look around? If so, there’s a possibility that it doesn’t register brakes release while looking around. MSFS disables axis commands while right mouse button is held down and you need to move the axis a bit to get it to register the new position.

Another cause may be a 3rd party program. 

Another cause may be that you haven’t unfeathered the engines, so increasing power lever positions may not be doing anything.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, amahran said:

Do you use right mouse button to look around? If so, there’s a possibility that it doesn’t register brakes release while looking around. MSFS disables axis commands while right mouse button is held down and you need to move the axis a bit to get it to register the new position.

Another cause may be a 3rd party program. 

Another cause may be that you haven’t unfeathered the engines, so increasing power lever positions may not be doing anything.

Well that was dumb of me.  I never moved the prop levers to full forward and the engines were unfeathered.  For some reason I thought they would be full forward by default and was going through the checklists too quickly.  Thanks.  Problem solved.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.