Problem beim Start von EDWY, mit Paket "East Frisian Islands Airfields"

cobit

Hallo zusammen,

ich bin relativ neu in MSFS und habe mir als Inselfan das Paket "East Frisian Islands Airfields" gekauft.

So weit so gut. Nach der Installation musste ich erst einmal neu booten, weil da zunächst nichts irgendwie schöner oder besser aussah.

Jetzt habe ich aktuell folgende Problemstellung:

MSFS 1.26.5.0

Mit einer Diamond DA40 TDI möchte ich von Norderney EDWY auf der 26 starten.

Nach etwa 5 min Wartezeit erscheint dann auch die Szenerie, allerdings stehe ich auf der 08, nicht 26.

Ja, ich habe es mehrfach probiert, ist wiederholbar so.

Wenn ich Full Throttle gebe, geht die Drehzahl kurz hoch, um dann wieder abzusacken auf etwa 900 RPM.

Kurzum, das Flugzeug bewegt sich nicht von der Stelle.

Ich habe das gleiche auf anderen Inseln ausprobiert (EDWL, EDWG), hier läuft alles problemlos.

Ich kann dann auch zu EDWY hinfliegen, scheint soweit zu gehen.

Aber der Start wie oben beschrieben geht nicht ...

Was habe ich falsch gemacht?

Viele Grüße,

Cobit

Thank you for confirmation of the runway direction issue.

The throttle issue ONLY happens on EDWY, in combination with the runway direction issue. So the issue is location dependend.

I understand that a scenery cannot control the throttle, however, it didnt happen before I installed the scenery, and it happens only there.

So apparently there is a dependency/issue between the scenery and MSFS (or the plane type) which makes the sim unplayable at that location.

I'll try with another plane type and report back.

I tested the same situation with a standard C172.

Same behaviour.

Engine power is just jumping up and down.

At Langeoog EDWL Rwy 23, no problem.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ich habe das jetzt nochmal gecheckt und kann auch das Problem mit der rwy bestätigen, aber nicht das Problem mit den Power settings. Habe es mit 3 verschiedenen Typen getestet (Cessna, Diamond und Cub), keine Probleme.

Die Szenerie ist ja schon ne ganz Weile draußen und bisher hat noch niemand ein derartiges Problem gemeldet. Ich vermute daher, dass bei dir lokal irgendetwas nicht so ist, wie es sein soll.

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, cobit said:

I tested the same situation with a standard C172.

Same behaviour.

Engine power is just jumping up and down.

- What hardware are you using, please ?

- Is FSUIPC installed ?

- If any hardware is connected, can you please physically unplug them all and manage the throttle with the mouse to see if the issue occurs again ?
  --> This is to COMPLETELY rule out hardware cause, even if it only happens at that location.

- If harwdare removal doesn't solve the issue and if FSUIPC is installed, please uninstall it for test only.

Best regards. 

Thanks to you all for the support!

Answers:

- I don't know what FSUIPC is. So probably I don't have it.

- The package was installed directly from Marketplace. Version: 1.2.0 from Jan 10, 2021 sais in "Versionsverlauf"

- Assistent options off: Where can I do that?

- Yoke is a Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System. I can disconnect but then I dont know how to control plane or throttle.

- Hardware: PC 16 GB, Win 10 21H2 19044.1889

Meanwhile I tried again with a Pipistrel Virus SW121. If I switch the throttle fast back/for/back/for I can get some airspeed and finally take off. I also see the animated throttle lever jumping back/for/back/for

Soon after take-off the throttle reacts normal.

Kind regards

• Aerosoft

Hi,

29 minutes ago, cobit said:

Yoke is a Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System. I can disconnect but then I dont know how to control plane or throttle.

---> Just disconnect it and advance the throttle with the mouse (point and click-hold on the throttle lever knob and move the mouse forward)

Please login to display this image.

If I switch the throttle fast back/for/back/for I can get some airspeed and finally take off. I also see the animated throttle lever jumping back/for/back/for

---> I don't really get what it means, however this seems to be some hardware issue. You can post a short clip to illustrate the behavior, maybe.

- Assistent options off: Where can I do that?

---> Check below : 

Best regards.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hi again,

You may have your MSFS in German.
In this case, the ASSISTANCE option change will look as follows : 

Best regards.

• Upvote 1

@cobit: Was passiert wenn du dein Flugzeug Cold & Dark, also an einer Parkposition startest, reagiert der Throttle dann normal?

Edit: Ich habe jetzt auch mal mit der DA40 TDI und der C172 (Classic) getestet. Das Runway 08 Problem wurde ja bereits bestätigt, aber Throttle funktioniert bei mir auch normal, sowohl über Axis And Ohs, als auch über FS2020 Standard Profile.

• Upvote 1

Thanks y'all again for support. 

I have news: After setting Unterstützungsoptionen to "Realistisch" I finally can do a normal power-up and take-off on EDWY.

How strange is that?

Now I wonder which options could be the reason? And why only at EDWY?

Here are my options from before:

• Thanks 1

Interesting: When I set the Unterstützungsoptionen to "Alle Unterstützungssysteme" (which means "EINFACH" to all options) then I have the power setting effect again. I cannot get power, and not take-off.

When using the mouse and disconnecting the yoke then I see that the power lever jumps right back to neutral, or when I slowly move it then jumps back and forth.

After setting the Unterstützugsoptionen to "Mittelweg" (which means "MITTELWEG" to all options) then all runs fine.

My fazit: there is a Unterstützungssysteme setting which somehow conflicts with the power setting, but only when located at EDWY, with the Islands package installed.

• Thanks 1

I think I found it: If I switch the option Unterstützungsoptionen->Pilotensteuerung->Unterstützter Start to "EIN" then I have the bad power setting effect at EDWY.

If I switch this option to "AUS" then everything runs fine is as it should be.

If someone could confirm?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Ich habe schon oft gelesen, dass die Pilotenunterstützungen den von dir genannten Fehler verursachen, dann allerdings generell und nicht nur auf einem bestimmten Flugplatz. Deshalb hatte ich auch nicht angenommen, dass das hier das Problem sei.

Aber ist ja gut wenn du es lösen konntest 👍

• Like 1

Naja, es ist ein Workaround, keine Lösung.

Eine Lösung würde ich durch Aerosoft erwarten.

Irgendwas ist an der Location EDWY schräg, sodass ich am falschen Runway stehe und die Startunterstützung dort spinnt.

• Aerosoft

Unless we can recreate the issue (and so far nobody has been able to confirm this issue) it will be simply impossible to change. 

As said before, as far as we are aware, as far as the SDK tells us, there simply is not mechanism where a scenery could affect engines. 

• Like 1

Hello Mathijs,

well, it looks like that so far nobody has even tried to confirm the issue.

I am not saying that the scenery effects an engine, but at least for me it looks like the scenery is affecting the function "Unterstützter Start", and only at EDWY.

The scenery also should not effect the start runway, but it was confirmed that it does. Again, only at EDWY.

So with all respect, it looks like there is something odd.

Greeting,

Cobit

• Aerosoft
On 9/2/2022 at 1:54 PM, cobit said:

well, it looks like that so far nobody has even tried to confirm the issue.

Well I did and as you can read in this topic several other people as well. 

So I do not understand why you say nobody even tried.  We did, we are unable to confirm the issue, so far nobody has been able to confirm the issue.  So what exactly do you want us to do? Start making blind changes in the file in the hope it changes things for you? 

Well, to be honest: I really did not make my tests with "Unterstützter Start" because my assistance options are set to "As real" allways. Nothing else does make sense for me in a Simulator.

And from other Forums i know that the pilot's assistances can cause several issues (steering on ground in example).