fuel system plans

scoobyx

Aerosoft team, are there any plans to make changes to the fuel system? Specifically, do you plan to implement the primary Fore/Aft pumps so that the engines will not operate without them being switched on? I understand that you never intended to simulate failures on any scale but it seems pretty basic that you need to cut on the fuel for normal operations. Are there any other changes planned or are you guys done, aside from the promised forthcoming sound package?

I'm asking for two reasons. First, every single other plane in the sim requires you to turn on fuel systems before they'll start. Would it be stupid to not turn on a fuel pump in real life? Yep, I agree. Bottom line, it's part of the start-up procedure and it's part of your checklists. If it doesn't matter, it should just be removed. Second, does it make sense that the Aerosoft Twin Otter will die from fuel starvation if you are running from the wing tanks and run them dry? Nope. That doesn't happen in real life either but that's the way it's modeled in the sim.

Hopefully your team has an opportunity to remedy this in future patches.

• Aerosoft
20 minutes ago, scoobyx said:

First, every single other plane in the sim requires you to turn on fuel systems before they'll start

If that is true it would be a bug for the A320, those engines are gravity fed and the engines run fine with the engine pumps off. 

As said, it is on the list. 

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

If that is true it would be a bug for the A320, those engines are gravity fed and the engines run fine with the engine pumps off. 

As said, it is on the list. 

The same is with the Asobo C172 i.e. It will start without fuelpump on as well.

Archived