Personnal opinion on Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo

I bought, on the Aerosoft site, the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo products.

The quality of the peripherals is excellent. To the touch, the impression of solidity is there.

However, what a torture to configure it on MSFS or X-Plane.

On MSFS, I have correctly configured my various switches for lights or other concerning light aircraft.
But here I am hurting my brain trying to configure the CRJ700. I try with Spad.Next but not easy even following the tutorials.
I think there is a problem with the CRJ because the buttons of the 2 peripherals are well recognized under MSFS.

Under X-Plane, there it is still something else. Between Datarefs and commands, you really have to rack your brains.

Previously, I used the X-52 it was much simpler but it is true that the number of buttons were much lower.

Good luck to anyone racking their brains like me.

• Aerosoft

Dear KoBboyz,

Technically, the Honeycomb products are totally similar to any other USB devices.
They, as you said, simply have more buttons available, hence offering way more possibilities.

The bottom line is therefore to assign buttons to functions in the simulators.

This only depends on the interfacing capabilities of the simulator and the addon in use.

As the simulators native interfaces are usually quite limited, we have developped the Configurator wich

allows to interface different types of variables and events.
From within the configurator, you have access to lots of preprogrammed ready-made profiles.
We also have several tutorials : 
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-CM2J7huv9GsJLInEaXS71CKKU_5g3Sl

• Aerosoft

The issue is that if you use sim default systems it is rather easy to connect these functions to hardware. However if you want more realism you need to program your own functions and the sim does not know about them. So connecting them to hardware is never easy. Has been like that for every single version of the sim and for every bit of hardware. There is simply no easy way out of that. You will always need a tool like Spad.

I can only assume that you did not match any non standard functions on your X52 because you would have seen exactly the same issue. 

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I am well aware that the Alpha and Bravo are much more advanced than my X52.

I will continue to be perceptive to understand their programming by reading here and there information and watching different videos to help me.
However, I remain satisfied with my purchase with which I was able to fly with the DR400-100 from MSFS and it was really pleasant.

• 3 weeks later...

I must admit I am really struggling to set up The Bravo with X-Plane on my Mac. The configurator doesn't show codes that are in the Command or Dataref Search pages. There has got to be an easier way.

Has anyone setup the X-pane SSG B748 with the Configurator for the Bravo - successfully? Please let me know, and if you either have a file or a simpler step by step method than the You tube videos does. Those videos seem to be running on Windows machines and it looks like different commands to that you would find on Mac/X-Plane. 

When I select "apply changes" in the configurator it does nothing to the Joystick configuration page on x-Plane. My configurator doesn't seem to be talking to x-Plane. 

• Aerosoft
On 2/26/2022 at 8:09 AM, PeterKe said:

When I select "apply changes" in the configurator it does nothing to the Joystick configuration page on x-Plane. My configurator doesn't seem to be talking to x-Plane. 

The configurator doesn't change the assignments of the hardware in the simulator.
You will never see the Configurator effects in the joysticks settings, otherwise it would be easier 

to directly use the simulator interface. 

• Aerosoft

Hi PeterKe,

I will ask my colleague to check on this.
I don't have a MAC, so I need to seek for help...

Best regards.

• Aerosoft
Am 2.3.2022 um 04:41 schrieb PeterKe:

Thanks Simware, that explains something, but still I can't get to work for Mac X-plane. 

Hi Peter,

what actually is your problem with the Mac version?

With 2.1 there is a known issue with successfully saving a CommandRef which has a workaround here. Now that 2.2 has been released on Windows, the Mac version will be our next target for an update.

Archived