Mapping of essential Bvar switches to Lvars using Lorby's Axis and Ohs

A few threads on this forum has requested a way to access the essential switches like DC source, DC Master, Fuel pumps etc. via simconnect variables.

Unfortunately these seem to be controlled by Bvars only accessible by mouseclicks inside the sim. 

Lorby's third party Axis and Ohs software (payware) has an experimental feature to map Bvars to Lvars so they can be mapped to external controllers or used in Stream Deck scripts.

It's all WIP, but I've manage to map the following

DC Source
DC Master
Condition/Fuel Levers (thanks to Lorby)
Engine starter
Generator left/right
Fuel Pumps fwd/aft
Standby Fuel Pumps fwd/aft
Pitot heat
Window heat

Feel free to use the mappings in your own scripts.

Download

https://flightsim.to/file/27128/dhc-6-twin-otter-bvar-mappings-for-lorby-s-axis-and-ohs-wip

• 1 month later...

Dies anyone have LVar to BVar mappings for the lights rotaries?

I am really disappointed with Cockpit Lights set to 100% at startup.

On 3/3/2022 at 2:54 PM, Jan Gonzales said:

Hi. Do u have a step by step on how to set this up? I have tried ur instruction on fsto but I get lost and can’t make this work. Thank you so much for this. 

1) Install latest version of Axis and Ohs

2) Before starting MSFS open AAO. In the menu furthest to the right select Lvar to Bvar mapping

3) Import script

4) Press activate profile and make sure “enable hook” is lit.

5) Start MSFS and you can use the custom lvars to manipulate the Bvars.

Since my upload Aerosoft has coded some lvar to Bvar mappings into the files. Have a look at the lvars and what they do in the DH6interior.xml file in the aircraft folder (not accessible if bought through the marketplace I believe).

@Ha_Ma, What lights are you thinking of? The cockpit light, cabin light or instrument lights? Looking at the code The Twin Otter appears to have these lights:

21 Instrument Lights: Annunciators

22 Instrument Lights: Captain's Main Panel, Emergency Panel

23 Instrument Lights: First Officer's Main Panel, Radios, V/A Panel

24 Instrument Lights: Console, Flaps and Trim Panel

25 Flight Compartment Lights

26 Reading Lights

27 Entrance Lights

28 General Lights (Cabin Ceiling Lights) - should be reachable by (>K:2:LIGHT_POTENTIOMETER_SET) and (L:DHC6_POTI_MAX_BRT, number)

29 Emergency Exit Lights

30 Unused to avoid collisions

34 Captain Side Utility Light Red - L:DHC6_UTIL_LT_CPT_RED

35 First Officer Side Utility Light Red - L:DHC6_UTIL_LT_FO_RED

36 Captain Side Utility Light White

37 First Officer Side Utility Light White 

@UnsealedKarma Primarly i am looking for these:

On 3/5/2022 at 5:06 PM, Ha_Ma said:

@UnsealedKarma Primarly i am looking for these:

No need for Bvar mapping on those - they are controlled by custom AS lvars already. The variables are easy to find if you enable dev mode and open behaviour - here you can see the code of every knob and switch.

Captain's Main Panel, Emergency Panel is controlled by (L:DHC6_BRT_PILOT, number) with a number from 0 (off) to 100 (if you go over or under these values strange things happen). You can either set the Lvar to a specific value or use some RPN code to increase/decrease it in increments of 10:

Increase: (L:DHC6_BRT_PILOT,·number)·10·+·100·min·(>L:DHC6_BRT_PILOT,·number)

Decrease: (L:DHC6_BRT_PILOT,·number)·10·-·0·max·(>L:DHC6_BRT_PILOT,·number)

First officers lights knob (appears to control the engine instrument light as well) is controlled by (L:DHC6_BRT_COPILOT, number)

Console etc. by (L:DHC6_BRT_CONSOLE, number)

If you want the lights to start at a different value than 100 I suppose you need to tinker with apron.cfg and runway.cfg and insert a custom Lvar value there. It's not something I've tried, so you I'll leave to your experiments.

@UnsealedKarmaThis is what i was looking for, Thanks alot. I am sorry, but i mostly have problems to find the Variables...

Am 6.3.2022 um 22:03 schrieb UnsealedKarma:

If you want the lights to start at a different value than 100 I suppose you need to tinker with apron.cfg and runway.cfg and insert a custom Lvar value there. It's not something I've tried, so you I'll leave to your experiments.

I solved this with "Aircraft automated Scripts". When i start the Twotter, now all lights are set to "0".

Thanks for your help.

• Aerosoft

Just a general note to the posters above : 
Kudos for that information sharing mindset !

Just my personal thoughs.

On 3/5/2022 at 12:36 AM, UnsealedKarma said:

1) Install latest version of Axis and Ohs

2) Before starting MSFS open AAO. In the menu furthest to the right select Lvar to Bvar mapping

3) Import script

4) Press activate profile and make sure “enable hook” is lit.

5) Start MSFS and you can use the custom lvars to manipulate the Bvars.

Since my upload Aerosoft has coded some lvar to Bvar mappings into the files. Have a look at the lvars and what they do in the DH6interior.xml file in the aircraft folder (not accessible if bought through the marketplace I believe).

Thanks for the instructions but I am now getting this...Screenshot attached.  What do i do next to assign a particular button from a controller.  

Please login to display this image.

8 hours ago, Jan Gonzales said:

What do i do next to assign a particular button from a controller

So far so good. Now there is an active Lvar in the sim you can use to manipulate the Bvar.
Most Lvars are 0/1 with 0 meaning off an 1 meaning on. So if you want to turn on the window heat you need to set L:AAO_Twotter_window_heat to 1 (on). That can be done in several different ways through AAO’s interface. I usually map the command to a Stream Deck button through its own interface, but the command can also be mapped to a controller button or keyboard key. Then you need to use the main interface and add a new button. This is explained in Lorby’s documentation. 

If you use RPN code the command would be:

1 (> L:AAO_Twotter_window_heat, number)

Or to make it a toggle: 

1 (L:AAO_Twotter_window_heat, number) - (> L:AAO_Twotter_window_heat, number)

The three way switches (DC Source and Starter) are more complicated. Here you need to use 1,2,3 to change the setting.

To toggle you can write this as well: (L:AAO_Twotter_window_heat, number) ! (> L:AAO_Twotter_window_heat, number)

vor 4 Stunden schrieb UnsealedKarma:

15 hours ago, UnsealedKarma said:

So far so good. Now there is an active Lvar in the sim you can use to manipulate the Bvar.
Most Lvars are 0/1 with 0 meaning off an 1 meaning on. So if you want to turn on the window heat you need to set L:AAO_Twotter_window_heat to 1 (on). That can be done in several different ways through AAO’s interface. I usually map the command to a Stream Deck button through its own interface, but the command can also be mapped to a controller button or keyboard key. Then you need to use the main interface and add a new button. This is explained in Lorby’s documentation. 

If you use RPN code the command would be:

1 (> L:AAO_Twotter_window_heat, number)

Or to make it a toggle: 

1 (L:AAO_Twotter_window_heat, number) - (> L:AAO_Twotter_window_heat, number)

The three way switches (DC Source and Starter) are more complicated. Here you need to use 1,2,3 to change the setting.

Thank u. I will try if I understand it right. Appreciate the help. 

Archived