Friedrichshafen Professional (EDNY): ILS discrepancy to runway track in recent AIRAC cycles?

Christian007

After having updated my A320 Prof in P3Dv4 for the first time to recent AIRAC cycle 2112, I now noticed a difficulty in final approach to EDNY runway 06 which seems to stem from a discrepancy between ILS track and runway track. In the screenshot below you can see that (for wind calm) the green heading diamond and the magenta ILS track indicators of PFD and ND are not aligned although the ILS CRS is indicated to be 058 which is identical to the runway track:

Please login to display this image.

I checked map information and found a change in the ILS track in VATSIM maps released 2017 and 2018:

So, I updated the airplane AIRAC cycle from 2112 to current 2113 and also applied magnetic corrections with the help of the navaids updates (https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html), but unfortunately it did not help.

Therefore, I looked into the ILS BGL data of file ...\German Airports - Friedrichshafen Professional\Scenery\EDNY_AFX-OP03.BGLwith the help of Airport Inspector and Editor (AIE, https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html). The course indicated here for runway 06 is 60.10 (left snapshot), if I "Get from AIRAC" (right snapshot), changes are only minimal:

I commited and tested these changes, and they did not solve the problem.

So, what do I need to do the get ILS at EDNY working accurately again? For some reasons, Friedrichshafen is a major training airport for me, so I would really be happy to get this issue solved.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The magvar does change IRL over time.

If you want a IRL matching scenario, you have to take care of:

- current navdata

- current addon AFCAD (edit with ADE) or for default via the homepage you linked

- current magvar.bgl via same homepage

vor 1 hour , masterhawk sagte:

The magvar does change IRL over time.

If you want a IRL matching scenario, you have to take care of:

- current navdata

- current addon AFCAD (edit with ADE) or for default via the homepage you linked

- current magvar.bgl via same homepage

Thanks!

But can you please specify a bit more: As I have updated navdata and magnetic data, do you mean that I need to modify the airport layout itself with ADE? What exactly do I need to modify? Currently, I do not have an idea where the observed ILS vs. runway track discrepancy comes from.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Christian007 said:

Thanks!

But can you please specify a bit more: As I have updated navdata and magnetic data, do you mean that I need to modify the airport layout itself with ADE? What exactly do I need to modify? Currently, I do not have an idea where the observed ILS vs. runway track discrepancy comes from.

You have to check the AFCAD of the addon. There the ILS data. Course and magvar.

Archived