Trim wheel

I have the same problem:

"Trim Wheel do not move when I use my hardware to adjust trim. The 'trim in motion' light illuminates and the aircraft responds accordingly but there animations in the cockpit do not work. They do work if you manipulate them with the mouse, however."

Aerosoft answer:

Indeed, the hardware correctly controls the trims surfaces but does not animate the control wheels.
This is how the addon currently works.
Bottom line is that the hardware correctly trims the aircraft.

This is simply not true for the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle/Trim Wheel - the animation and trim works fine in other MSFS aircraft so Aerosoft must have missed a binding.

But it is a lovely aircraft with some minor snags sound being one of them.

/Claes

• Aerosoft
15 minutes ago, claeshugo said:

the animation and trim works fine in other MSFS aircraft so Aerosoft must have missed a binding.

And we never said that that that was not the case, we said that is how it is done in THIS add-on, just read the text again and you will see it. It was not missed it was intentionally not inserted.

Animations are very memory intensive and as we want this to run smooth on Xbox we have to be be extremely cautious. As the cockpit already contains a lot more animations then most add-ons we left this one out. If memory does not show itself to be an issue we can include it. If we would have added it and it would have caused an issue it would have slowed down the release on Xbox. 

Keep in mind that there are no aircraft with even close to the memory demand like this one, is on the Xbox at this moment. The fact the default aircraft do not have doors that are animated has a reason!

Thank you Mathijs,

I'll have to accept that then, being a decision taken for a reason. But I still will miss that animation - I only fly in VR and seeing how the trim wheel is positioned is, I guess, the only way for me to know my trim setting.

But again - lovely aircraft with minor snags. Well done!

All the best from a happy customer.

/Claes 

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, claeshugo said:

Thank you Mathijs,

I'll have to accept that then, being a decision taken for a reason. But I still will miss that animation - I only fly in VR and seeing how the trim wheel is positioned is, I guess, the only way for me to know my trim setting.

But again - lovely aircraft with minor snags. Well done!

All the best from a happy customer.

/Claes 

Hello Claes,

Although the Twin Otter trim wheel is not 'animated' when you use a device for trimming (controller, joystick, etc), the trim indicator (next to the trim wheel) does move correctly and always shows the actual trim.

Please login to display this image.

On 1/20/2022 at 8:40 PM, Eric Bakker said:

Hello Claes,

Although the Twin Otter trim wheel is not 'animated' when you use a device for trimming (controller, joystick, etc), the trim indicator (next to the trim wheel) does move correctly and always shows the actual trim.

Please login to display this image.

Thank you Eric,

That solves the problem.

2 hours ago, claeshugo said:

Thank you Eric,

That solves the problem.

claeshugo, do you also have the issue I described. I thought the Bravo had an issue, but it was change the way Honeycomb implemented it. 

Here is my post below. Have you seen this issue?

Archived