Has my Honeycomb Bravo a faulty potentiometer?

Hi all, to make it short I have my Bravo since Christmas and absolutely love it. If it wasn't for one thing which renders it pretty unusable for anything more than a single engined aircraft right now. And thats the Y- and Z-Rotations not working as they should. As you can see in my attached YouTube video the axes are not synchronized and it seems like the Z-Rotation only goes up to like 95% of the maximum input altough it is obviously physically pushed into maximum. In the video I was trying as best as I could to push both levers simultaneously. I have already tried reinstalling the Bravo in the Windows Device options, different USB port, restarting the computer and so on. It also happens with the commercial levers. This problem makes the Bravo pretty useless for me at the moment as especially with the commercial levers those two would be engines 1 and 2. I have also contacted Aerosoft support but I wanted to hear some opinions here as well. So, would you say I am just the lucky one who received one with a faulty potentiometer? Also notice the axis stutter as well.

Anyways, happy new year y'all!

Indeed. But I opened this thread hoping some other users would have chimed in. Anyways, for the moment it seems the Problem solved itself.

• Aerosoft
19 minutes ago, colz99 said:

Indeed. But I opened this thread hoping some other users would have chimed in. Anyways, for the moment it seems the Problem solved itself.

Ok, thank you for the feedback.
I was handling your ticket on the support system actually.
Just let us know if the problem reappears.

Best regards.

vor 5 Stunden , SimWare sagte:

Ok, thank you for the feedback.
I was handling your ticket on the support system actually.
Just let us know if the problem reappears.

Best regards.

Unfortunately it did reappear just now. I was doing a flight in P3Dv4 with the PMDG NGXu in the 2 lever commercial config. Everything was fine for the whole flight. While parked up at the gate I was playing around with the levers and noticed that the problem reappeared. I've checked the raw input in the windows settings and it indeed only goes up to 96% of the whole way and raw input stops at "956". I don't really know what to do. It worked flawlessly for the whole flight (and the calibration before), now without me having changed anything it reappears. But if it can actually work fine I suppose that it's not a faulty potentiometer? Or maybe some kind of loose contact which would explain why it works for some time and then it stops working...?

Oddly enough, the Z-Rotation is also the only axis where I get axis vibration. Despite it working correctly or not, all others seem fine.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, colz99 said:

Done so. Look forward to hearing from you again.

Done.

The return was authorized.
The answer regarding the exchange time will be answered via the support system.

Best regards.

• 5 weeks later...

I had this happen on a replacement unit that Honeycomb sent after my  first unit broke a wire in the third axis.  ALL SIX axes on the replacement were miscalibrated (and I mean electrically/mechanically, not "calibrated" in the simulation or Windows).  I had to send that one back too.  BTW, my exchange times were on the order of 2-4 weeks both times.  Not too horribly bad, considering that the first replacement was stuck at the airport in Hong Kong for over a week.  They were all (including the original purchase) air freighted.

Judging from some videos on YouTube, quality control is apparently an issue right now, especially with the complex Bravo unit.  Hope they get it under control, because when it works, it is outstanding!

On 3.2.2022 at 18:56, Tony Vallillo sagte:

I had this happen on a replacement unit that Honeycomb sent after my  first unit broke a wire in the third axis.  ALL SIX axes on the replacement were miscalibrated (and I mean electrically/mechanically, not "calibrated" in the simulation or Windows).  I had to send that one back too.  BTW, my exchange times were on the order of 2-4 weeks both times.  Not too horribly bad, considering that the first replacement was stuck at the airport in Hong Kong for over a week.  They were all (including the original purchase) air freighted.

Judging from some videos on YouTube, quality control is apparently an issue right now, especially with the complex Bravo unit.  Hope they get it under control, because when it works, it is outstanding!

My replacement unit is working perfectly fine. I'm in Europe, Germany to be exact and I sent my old one in, it took about 5 workdays until they probably "analyzed" it and so on. Then I got the mail that my replacement is on the way and it was there the next day. So can't say anything too bad.

Archived