Zürich Mega Airport: ILS tracks differ from Navigraph chart tracks?

Christian007

WIth my A320 Prof in P3Dv4 I had some difficulties stabilizing my approaches to LSZH (2.0 Mega Airport Professional) which so far I contributed to my older PC and some latencies in reaction to side stick commands. Now, after I started a Navigraph subscription, difficulties seemed to be even worse. Looking deeper into this for ILS on runway 14 I observe a discrepancy between LSZH ILS track provided with the airport (135°) and provided by Navigraph charts (134°). I updated LSZH and A320 to the most recent version with AS Updater today, but issue persists.

The approach with Autopilot and calm wind shows that AP keeps the ILS localizer centered but airplane track indicator (green diamond) and ILS track indicator (magenta line) are not aligned on both, PFD and ND. So they cannot be used for the approach:

Please login to display this image.

Here are snapshots from the airport and Navigraph charts with the different tracks:

My questions:

- Does the difference in ILS tracks explain the discrepancy between airplane and ILS track indicators on the displays?

- What do I need to do to get this issue fixed?

NOTE: So far I did not check the issue for other runways but 14.

• Christian007 changed the title to Zürich Mega Airport: ILS tracks differ from Navigraph chart tracks?
  • Deputy Sheriffs

The scenery is quite old and uses the stock data which are also quite old. And as the earth's magentic field shifts over the years, it is quite normal what you see.

What can do is to update the navaids in P3D via this site: https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Make sure that depending whether you want to update, Europe only or the whole world, you chooes the correct/both installers.

On 12.12.2021 at 17:44, mopperle sagte:

The scenery is quite old and uses the stock data which are also quite old. And as the earth's magentic field shifts over the years, it is quite normal what you see.

What can do is to update the navaids in P3D via this site: https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Make sure that depending whether you want to update, Europe only or the whole world, you chooes the correct/both installers.

Thanks a lot for pointing me to this website. I thought that magnetic variance could be the reason but I did not know that I can fix it.

It worked: No more ILS track discrepancies observed. Also, because the programmer of the navaids tools mentions potential impact on AI traffic, I checked for incoming and outgoing traffic. And I could observe both for LSZH at least. So, obviously complete success with a quick fix. Thanks again.

Archived