Engines sometimes idling at 32% after use of reversers.

Hi,

I occasionally have the issue that after using the reversers after landing, the engines idle at 32% (instead of around 21%) after taking it out of reverse thrust.

I can't reproduce this 100% of the time, and I can't make sense of when it does this and when it doesn't. It makes the taxi a lot more tricky, since I have to be on the brakes all the time.

additional info: using a single axis throttle quadrant, with no reverse axis (using a button on the throttle for reverse thrust as instructed from the tips I've read on these forums).

Wondering if I'm simply missing a trick. Currently I give the throttle a little bump forward to take it out of reverse. Should I be binding another button to remove the reverse thrust?

15 hours ago, Mort_the_2nd said:

That could very well have been it. I still occasionally miss some steps in the flows. So could well be I forgot to turn that off.

It's  what always got me :) I had put all of the Anti Ice elements on the one De-Ice switch...  I had to separate them... Put Windshield on one, Cowl on another and Wing on a Third...  Pitot  on it's own as well...  That solved the issue for me as I would always have Windshield on but now could turn the others on independently as needed..

• Root Admin
On 6/13/2021 at 12:49 AM, Mort_the_2nd said:

That could very well have been it. I still occasionally miss some steps in the flows. So could well be I forgot to turn that off.

Ahhhh yes.... checklists!