Jump to content

No inbound ATC audio


paisl3ypark
 Share

Recommended Posts

After installing the CRJ 1.0.5.0 update,  I can no longer hear any inbound transmissions from ATC. I can still hear outbound transmissions, and I can still see the text transmissions to/from in the ATC dialogue box. I’ve checked my sound card, its normal. I’ve attempted toggling Azure to offline, but still no inbound audio. I turned up the speaker knobs on the CRJ comm panel, still no resolution. I get the same issue in other planes so its not limited to just the CRJ, but it was not a problem prior to the CRJ 1.0.5.0 update. After uninstalling the CRJ from the sim, i regained all ATC audio back in all other planes. Then reinstalled the CRJ, lost all inbound ATC audio again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You understand the radio panel has changed a bit? Could be related.


Ok, now I understand why I couldn't hear anything, but the way it's modelled is now wrong. 
In the real aircraft in order to listen to the radio the VHF buttons on the audio control panel have to be pressed in (and they will illuminate). It was modelled correctly before the latest patch so I don't really understand the reason for the change 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nicco54 said:


Ok, now I understand why I couldn't hear anything, but the way it's modelled is now wrong. 
In the real aircraft in order to listen to the radio the VHF buttons on the audio control panel have to be pressed in (and they will illuminate). It was modelled correctly before the latest patch so I don't really understand the reason for the change 🤔

 

I am very curious to know which is actually the correct behavior. I'm struggling to find the thread, but this reversal was an intentional change made in the latest patch, I believe based on feedback from another CRJ pilot who said the way it was previously modeled is backwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aplato said:

 

I am very curious to know which is actually the correct behavior. I'm struggling to find the thread, but this reversal was an intentional change made in the latest patch, I believe based on feedback from another CRJ pilot who said the way it was previously modeled is backwards.

 

Either this person used to fly the aircraft in the past and has forgotten a few things or he/she is not being honest about what he/she does for a living as these are buttons you'll be pressing each and every day you're flying the aircraft.
 

I'm a CRJ 1000 first officer currently flying the aircraft and can guarantee that in order to listen to the comms you need to press the button down which will in turn light up. I've posted a picture taken from slide shows given to us during OCC / recurrent training that clearly indicates that the button must be pressed in to listen.

 

ACP.thumb.jpg.8176203c07615c82879fa3a77d4263dc.jpg
 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
1 hour ago, Nicco54 said:

 

Either this person used to fly the aircraft in the past and has forgotten a few things or he/she is not being honest about what he/she does for a living as these are buttons you'll be pressing each and every day you're flying the aircraft.
 

I'm a CRJ 1000 first officer currently flying the aircraft and can guarantee that in order to listen to the comms you need to press the button down which will in turn light up. I've posted a picture taken from slide shows given to us during OCC / recurrent training that clearly indicates that the button must be pressed in to listen.

 

ACP.thumb.jpg.8176203c07615c82879fa3a77d4263dc.jpg
 

Thank you for posting this. It is indeed the other way round in Airbusses, for example. Just one of the oddities of the CRJ and I admit that I didn't know myself until the CRJ pilots in the test team pointed it out to me this week. The lighting will be changed in one of the next updates. We didn't have the time to do it this time because there have been some pressing issues.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...