Jump to content

Autopilot/fms management of DF segments


Recommended Posts

Hello guys,

 

I have some concerns about how the crj is currently flying DF turning segments.

 

I was expecting to having the CRJ, once passed the turning fix to commence the turn and end I up once aligned on a straight and direct path to the ending fix. This straight alignment to the ending fix could starts wherever, depending on speed and external factors.

 

Currently, instead, the crj is managing the DF segments like a TF with a FlyOver start point. It always turns to catch a direction connection between the turning fix and the end fix. This is definitely wrong.

 

This has been never adddressed upon now?

 

Cheers

Andrea

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CRJ Forum Moderator
19 hours ago, Andrea P. said:

Hello guys,

 

I have some concerns about how the crj is currently flying DF turning segments.

 

I was expecting to having the CRJ, once passed the turning fix to commence the turn and end I up once aligned on a straight and direct path to the ending fix. This straight alignment to the ending fix could starts wherever, depending on speed and external factors.

 

Currently, instead, the crj is managing the DF segments like a TF with a FlyOver start point. It always turns to catch a direction connection between the turning fix and the end fix. This is definitely wrong.

 

This has been never adddressed upon now?

 

Cheers

Andrea

This may well be a bug. Could you post a specific procedure that uses a DF segment so I can test it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Sure, there are tons of them.

Try as example a flight from Graz (LOWG), MILGO3H departure out of rwy 16C

here are 2 DF in a row. First coming from a turn at altitude, second after a flyover fix.


Other great example is from LEPA, try the ISTER1G.

 

On disposal for any further info may be required and thank you. Not required to consider our issues even on Sunday :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CRJ Forum Moderator

Thanks. I do most of my flying in the US, where these kind of legs are not as common as in Europe. I will give the LOWG departure a try and post any issues to our bug tracker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 4:41 PM, JRBarrett said:

Thanks. I do most of my flying in the US, where these kind of legs are not as common as in Europe. I will give the LOWG departure a try and post any issues to our bug tracker.

Hi!

 

Have you had any chance to try such segments (DF)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CRJ Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Andrea P. said:

Hi!

 

Have you had any chance to try such segments (DF)?

Not yet, but I will try a couple this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...