CRJ700 resets itself during startup and parking brake then stuck.

Seth2413

This is infuriating.  Looked through FAQ and nothing there.  The CRJ every 3-4 flight will just for no known reason reset itself,  You hear a beep and all the buttons & systems just reset.  Try to go through everything again and once done you then know that the parking brake will be tsuck on no matter what and you cant release it so plane is stuck at gate.  This has now happended a number of times.  Sometimes the lfight is fine and sometimes this happens and when it does you know you just have to go through the whole lot again.  

Now I use in the background pushback helper, simtool kit pro is running, FSUIPC for ACARS and SPAD.NEXT.  These are items that most people would be running to get sim running and as stated this does not always happen, it is random.  

Double check that the Chocks are not back on :).....  I was on the runway (did a spawn to work on my throttle settings...and my CRJ is set to always go Cold and Dark) and after a little while of getting it all up and running then dialing in my TCA and recording it... I then went to take off it said the parking brake was set... I looked at the switch I used my TCA and it was going off... I looked in the sim and it was going off....  But the ECAS Message said it was on.... I looked outside and saw the chocks :)  Went to the EFB and removed them..... and the parking brake message went away....  I would never have owned up to this but hey maybe that is what you have run into as well....  Let the pointing and laughing begin....

Probabaly is that actually but wont know until it does its thing again where it resets itself.  Thinking about it when it resets itself everything switches back to cold and dark so would naturally explain perhaps that the chocks would be put back on too.  I'll be sure to check it out, thanks though at end of day be better if it didnt just reset for no reason.  

You wouldn’t have a second monitor to your left would you?

Because MSFS has a mouse cursor positioning problem that results in clicking click spots on the edge of the screen even if your mouse is clearly on the second monitor. 

That way you might end up accidentally activating the cold and dark button on the EFD. 

I make sure that page is never open, when going to the second monitor, or have my camera looking somewhere else, so no click spots are on the edge of the screen. 

Archived