Honeycomb Alpha Controls with FS X

Hello everybody,
I have 2 issues with the Honeycomb Yoke and hope that anybody can help me .
I bought the Honeycomb Flight Control Yoke a few days ago and I’m actually at least very satisfied with the quality. What bothers me is the fact that there is a big dead zone in the pitch and roll with the yoke.
Honeycomb Aeronautical vehemently denies the existence of the dead zone, but I can prove with my yoke that the dead zone in roll is about 30°.

The second thing is , that in FSX only in default planes all switched such as Beacon, Strobes,Nav Lights etc. work. For instance there is no template or profile for PMDG or evern Aerosoft Airbuses 318-321 available.
Now my question to the community is: Is there a way to eliminate this dead zone? And what experiences have you had with this problem and how do you deal with it?
And are there really no functionable Switches in all thoses Addon planes? Or was I just to blind to see?
I would appreciate your comments – thank you in advance .

Kind regards
Joe

• Deputy Sheriffs

Software for the Honeycomb yoke (aka Alpha Flight Controller or AFC) and the aircraft you're asking about are at the link below. Do take the time to look through the different choices to ensure you pick the correct product. For example, there's more than one Airbus available.

Honeycomb Profiles - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

Sim specific packages are also on the page in the link. Yoke profiles for specific add-ons are found in the section at the upper right of the page. The reason general sim settings don't work on most add-ons is that these add-ons use custom variables to control common actions to improve fidelity.

9 hours ago, Accord06 said:
What bothers me is the fact that there is a big dead zone in the pitch and roll with the yoke.
Honeycomb Aeronautical vehemently denies the existence of the dead zone, but I can prove with my yoke that the dead zone in roll is about 30°.

This is very likely a calibration issue within the yoke. Honeycomb used to be very quiet about this but now they have relented. Follow the instructions here to fix it. And if it still doesn't make your dead zones as small as you would like, you can find further fine-tuning suggestions in this video.

• Aerosoft

Hi guys,

just to add to what Herman said: be aware that with our software we only offer PMDG support starting from P3Dv4. And the Airbus profiles are geared towards our Professional range of products, which is also only compatible starting with P3Dv4.5, not the legacy Airbus Extended. While those profiles "might" work with that partly, this has not been tested.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Nice catch on the Airbus version, Ben. I failed to connect the OP's reference to FSX to the Aerosoft Airbus profiles available.

Archived