DX 10 preview problem

dmike

Hi there. Just bought the Hanover x airport for fsx, and i love it, like i do with most products from Aerosoft (you can thank me later for the new rug in the reception) :D . Never the less. I have som problems with the textures, same goes for Heathrow, and Brussels (not sure about Florence and Venice).

In the daytime everything is fine in Hanover, but when darkness komes, a lot of textures just turns grey. The funny thing is, that is not all of them. Any help welcome.

Cheers;

Michael

Hello Michael,

Does this problem resolve itself when you turn the DX10 Preview mode off!!

If so then the scenery is not DX10 Compatible!!

I have just checked Hannover X and with the DX10 Preview mode turned off and all is fine.

I can, unfortunately, say that, that is excatctly what happens. In DX9 mode everything works as it is supposed to do, and in DX10 Preview, a lot of buildings are gray, and some ground markings are missing (taxiways, oil splatter, etc.)

Michael

Let me just add, that with the new GAP (Osnabrück/Münster), its the same story over.

In DX9 mode everything is fine, but in DX 10, a lot of stuff is grey. Perhaps some textureing problem?

Michael

• Aerosoft
Let me just add, that with the new GAP (Osnabrück/Münster), its the same story over.

In DX9 mode everything is fine, but in DX 10, a lot of stuff is grey. Perhaps some textureing problem?

Michael

We will add to the product pages that it is not DX10 compatible at this moment.

Hi all,

I started the same thread some days ago in the german forum section. It's definitely a directx 10 preview thing. Same for me with both Hannover and Münster Osnabrück. You can see a screenshot here:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=16450

For me it helps (most of the times) to use the "Refresh Scenery" control (just assign it to some key combination) to get the loading of the textures right again. But a fast movement can bring it up again. If only my fps in dx9 mode were as good as in dx10 preview :-(

Thorsten

This is what happened to my Dillingham as well. I have turned off DX10 preview but it has still left patches in the sea and on the runway. I am going to switch off preview and re-install Dillingham and will let you know if it resolves it.

Also, with DX10 preview switched on my FPS increased so can't wait for this. :D

Well....

This is just a crazy thought.... Could it be that some of the dx 10 preview problems are caused by some of Vistas own protection systems??

Michael

Well, that was also my first thought. But then again... You newer know

Any plans on updates (same goes for some planes with known DX10 problems)?

Michael

• Aerosoft
Well, that was also my first thought. But then again... You newer know

Any plans on updates (same goes for some planes with known DX10 problems)?

Michael

No, we really like to stick to the SDK's because that is our only guarantee that things will run okay and the whole DX10 is not documented.

Hmm.... Well.... And that is what I find odd. Some of your stuff works perfectly (like the Twotter, Lukla and even the old HelgolandX), and some newer stuff (compared to HelgolandX), has the grey textureless surfaces.

Michael