How to program my streamdeck?

Hi,

Just purchased the CRJ. I am impressed by the details, wow!

I now want to make a Stream Deck profile for the CRJ, as I also did for the MSFS Cessna C700. In that profile, I use a plugin called Flight Tracker to use the different Simconnect values (toggles and feedback values) for enabling/disabling f.e. lights, but also to show information on my Stream Deck, f.e. if the Flight Director is turned on or off.

I discovered that a lot of standard MSFS values dont work with the CRJ. I am looking for another way to use my Stream Deck for the CRJ. I saw Spad.Next being mentioned in quite a lot of forums. I am new to Simconnect and programming functions like that, and I never used Spad.Next (I didn't buy it (yet)). 

Whats the best way to program my Stream Deck to use with the CRJ? Is it worth it to wait a while, hoping that most values will be added to Simconnect/MSFS? Or should I use Spad.Next to program it? If so, how did you guys use Spad.Next and is it recommendable? 

Thanks in advance!

Best regards, Stefan

Instead of spad.next, you could also use AxisAndOhs - it can access the needed LVARs and also offers support for the Stream Deck. 

When using spad.next, you need to use at least the current beta version - and you will only have access to it when you are a registered user. 

Hi HighFlyer and SimWare,

Thanks a lot for replying. I will look into AAO, I saw some video's and it doesn't look that difficult.

A question about the L-Vars list you send me: Are those L-Var triggers, or also feedback values? If both are listed in the file, how can I distinguish them trigger from feedback values? 

Thanks again! Ciao!

Stefan

Hmm, I'm struggling a bit to make this work. I downloaded AAO (demo version) and the Stream Deck plugin. I set it up according to the manual (installing, run AAO as administrator, enable webAPI in the Tools menu). The sample profile that came with the SD plugin works fine. It uses standard MSFS values and triggers. I tried several CRJ LVar values, but I can't make a button activate for example the FD, and I can't make a button on my SD light up when I press the FD button in the cockpit.

I tried the following LVars:

ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_SEL

ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_LED

ASCRJ_FCP_FD1

ASCRJ_FCP_12BANK

You need to pass in a value of 1 into most of these LVARs. This can be done in AxisAndOhs via creating an RPN Script in the Scripting Menu.

While I have not yet used all available function, I have attached the scripts I am currently using. The push_btn_fd1 script in the Aerosoft_CRJ section triggers the FD button.  You can import them in AAO via Scripting -> Import Scripts.

The scripts also include some scripts to toggle LEDs in the Aerosoft_CRJ_LEDs section. This is for a midi device (Behringen Touch mini), but I hope you can adjust this for your needs.

In order for them to work, you need to add those LED scripts to the "Aircraft automated scripts" as repeating scripts, such that the are executed on a regular basis to set the LEDs.

CRJ-AxisAndOhsScripts.xml

I just tried it with the Streamdeck, and there, it is even simpler. Note that I believe that you need to run AxisAndOhs as Admin for the Streamdeck plugin to work correctly.

You can use an OnOff Button and configure it like this. This wors for me to toggle the Beacon lights and get the proper status.

I guess this should work the same for all other lights/buttons.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Archived