Takeoff Roll Rotation/Breakaway Handling

I am interested to hear opinions if this may be mistaken handling/setup on my end, or just the way of the flight model.  I am finding the initial rotation at Vr to be very sensitive and abrupt.  Then the rotation rate starts to slow down, but the aircraft continues to accelerate rapidly past V2 before actually breaking away from the runway and starting a positive climb. 

I am flying with a typical TOW in the range of 60-65,000 lbs, using the Vspeeds from the EFB.  I have a Honeycomb yoke assigned directly within MSFS with default settings (no sensitivity, deadzone, etc).  I am aiming to start a 3ish deg/sec rotation at Vr, holding attitude around 10 degrees until I'm off the runway.  Then I pitch aiming for V2+10-20 kts, but with the CRJ am usually way past this speed. 

There is almost no back pressure need to start the rotation.  No matter how gentle I am, the first 5 degrees happens in almost an instant.  The rotation rate slows and will steady about 10-12 degrees.  But the aircraft doesn't establish positive climb until 160-180 kts.

In P3D, I heavily flew PMDG, FSLabs, Majestic Dash 8, and the Leonardo.  In all of these, rotation felt much more in control and less "jittery". 

Is this the behavior everyone is seeing.  Does anyone have pointers, feedback, or controller setup tips?  I'm eager for a good add-on aircraft model, but am not personally loving the flight model myself at the moment.

I have made the same observations, pretty much word by word. It's nigh on impossible to catch 10 degrees pitch up and V2+10 in a controlled manner - and at 10 degrees, you're through V2 in the blink of an eye.

I feel it is worse when heavy, and yes - I set the specified trim. Frequently I get no rotation even with full up yoke deflection until well past both Vr and V1, flaps 8 and flaps 20. Then, suddenly, the nose pops off the runway.

In addition, the A/P has trouble catching the IAS where speed hold is activated.

I have a feeling/an expectation this is all being tuned as we speak though.

Cheers,

/Fred

Yes these are the same problems i have also seen.I guess these are a problem of Asobo and the sim itself.I bougt the Honeycomb Yoke and flew the Cessna Citation a lot to get the Yoke feeling.The same problems now with the CRJ i observed with the Cessna Citation too.The Weather Effects and Aerodynamics of MSFS / Asobo is the problem i guess!

When i take off on calm conditions with no winds i have no problems with these Aircrafts (CRJ / 787/ Citation or A320) and everthing is smooth. 

With P3D i flew a lot aircraft like the PMDGs 747/777 on every weather conditions and i had never these problems like here!

• Developer

Depending on your loading this gas been reported many times and you will find posts and answers. 
I, as developer,  agree it is too light on the nose wheel at TO and after landing. Both effects will be addressed in an upcoming patch. Until then just push the yoke a bit for keeping the nose wheel on ground and rotate gently. Same for landing. Put the nose down after settung the main wheels and do not activate Reverse until the nose wheel us down on the runway.

Archived